• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Mythic and Advanced Character Tokens

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once EA/Mythic releases a statement saying "duped items can no longer be place on vendors" I along with most everyone else assumes that is how things stand. I realize the Devs can not communicate on every little thing but what they do communicate on should be how things stand.
Point of fact, in another thread, you stated you purchased this mythic token from a person spamming in general chat. The person was selling for 60 mil, you paid 50, knowing the week before you paid 79. So you bought from a person not a vendor, and at a very reduced price. You should have surmised there was something wrong right there.. Sorry for your loss but buyer beware, suck it up like Acid did and move forward. Arguing beyond this point will only hurt you.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i guess my question is this...
5) why was the dupe so flawless that you COULDNT tell them from the original?
most of the time when something is duped you guys can still tell? hence the venders being able to refuse duped items. so why was this one so different?

at any rate, interesting event to come back from holidays for!
Well.. just start by thinking about what DUPE Means. If I had to guess when they say no "DUPED" items can go on vendors that means that items with identical ID's that are on the same sever cannot go on a Vendor. Someone in this thread posted that the Mythic Tokens created all had unique ID numbers so I wouldn't call this bug a DUPE but instead a BUG that allowed the CREATION of new Mythic Tokens basically. If I remember correctly when the whole transfer token process was created they basically told us (after a huge Duping bug) that they were going to force a check when you Transferred that would auto delete any items being copied to a new server if other items already existed on the server with the same ID number (aka Duped items).... I actually find this a bit more disturbing bc we've all been hearing about DUPES for years, but when's the last time Fresh NEW VALID tokens of some kind could just be created out of thin Air?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we lay the blame for this where it belongs? That's not with the Devs, who would much rather be working on new and fun things to add to the game than hunting down and fixing dupes.
The blame for all your woes and losses belongs squarely on the cheating SoBs who deliberately hunt for ways to break the code and create these loopholes.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Point of fact, in another thread, you stated you purchased this mythic token from a person spamming in general chat. The person was selling for 60 mil, you paid 50, knowing the week before you paid 79. So you bought from a person not a vendor, and at a very reduced price. You should have surmised there was something wrong right there.. Sorry for your loss but buyer beware, suck it up like Acid did and move forward. Arguing beyond this point will only hurt you.
Just to clarify... I was gated to a vendor and the token placed on it, and as I stated in that post I assumed at that point it was someone who was wanting fast gold. Did I have reservations when he was initially spamming it at 60 and then took 50? Sure. But once it went on the vendor my reservations were calmed, as duped items were supposedly no longer allowed to be placed on vendors.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
There are those of us who would rather buy pixels with pixels. I see not reason for me to spend rl cash for things EA/Mythic sells to go along with the game. Everything that is offered for cash should be offered in game for gold as well imho. Once EA/Mythic releases a statement saying "duped items can no longer be place on vendors" I along with most everyone else assumes that is how things stand. I realize the Devs can not communicate on every little thing but what they do communicate on should be how things stand.

Oh, I was with you & the others for the longest time! Many are the rants in archives where I screamed, argued and became very impassioned over the economy of UO. I used to broker houses on Napa years ago for people who couldn't afford eBay prices - and I felt mixing RL currency for ANYTHING virtual would be a serious demise to gaming.

Then I experienced other virtual economies and learned a few things about the business side of it all.

The business model is changing. Pay Free-to-Play games are becoming very profitable and popular. Pay-to-Win even more, despite what many gamers want to admit. UO is miniscule when compared to virtual gambling games. The revenues circulating in a certain "virtual reality" is astounding and makes a developer wonder if perhaps MMORPGs will eventually go way of the Dodo to make room for these "money games". Buying & selling creates a sort of euphoric state in people, and virtual buying & selling even more so.

Sadly, I do not believe UO will endure for another decade with its current philosophy without major overhaul and a direction to one way or the other. After all, it is all about money to the penny pincers at EA (at least is what their actions have shown).

I hope I'm proven wrong in the future. I love UO as much as many others and Sosaria will always be mah home regardless of what happens elsewhere (in reality or virtually).

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry for those who thought they were buying legitimate items, though have no sympathy for those who knowingly bought them.
I'm afraid that life is not fair. If you buy a car that later turns out to be stolen, you lose the car and the cash you paid for it. Be glad that in this case you lost only pixel gold.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought i found a good deal with 10m mythic tokens :( Now i am out of hard earned GOLD

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Just for the record - i just checked my advanced char Tokens i have for alot longer than back to 20th of June 2013 and they are still here...
Did anyone found his Tokens lost they know 100% they did purchase or buy with Gold in game before 20th of June 2013?
I hope not.....

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are those of us who would rather buy pixels with pixels. I see not reason for me to spend rl cash for things EA/Mythic sells to go along with the game. Everything that is offered for cash should be offered in game for gold as well imho. Once EA/Mythic releases a statement saying "duped items can no longer be place on vendors" I along with most everyone else assumes that is how things stand. I realize the Devs can not communicate on every little thing but what they do communicate on should be how things stand.

Remember that with the dwindling subscription numbers, the game needs the extra revenue coming from the store.

Apparently this was not duping, e.g. creating the same item with the same ID number, so the Publish 81 dupe protection does not apply.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we lay the blame for this where it belongs? That's not with the Devs, who would much rather be working on new and fun things to add to the game than hunting down and fixing dupes.
The blame for all your woes and losses belongs squarely on the cheating SoBs who deliberately hunt for ways to break the code and create these loopholes.
Blame is with both parties. Code should be professionally tested from all angles before release and not lie upon the players to test themselves to find these bugs and loopholes. The players do not spend their hard earned real life money for the pleasure of doing the job other people get paid to do.

I am glad these items are gone but it should have never happened to begin with. It also raises the question of how many other duped items are falling onto vendors and will we, the players, be out of more items/gold in the future?

Leather Lucy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't know, when did the devs tell us this? omg i have been buying lots of tokens now you are telling me everyone knows they are duped?
I know your post was probably tongue in cheek, but you're actually right, I didn't know anything about this until reading this post and could easily have been shafted last week when I saw one for 50m (something close to that price). I know it seemed cheap at the time, but this was this was last week. Lots of cash been moving around in that time.

Why do they allow these things to go on for so long? Every single time. Boggles the mind. Well it would do if I wasn't an old cynic these days lol.

Keep up the good work!

Deary me.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i do think for this blunder they should give us a free mythic token per shard! Call it a peace offering! Trial accounts do not apply. Maybe they can add out jolly pirate flag in with it

Last edited:

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't lose anything but how about all the players who don't read stratics and purchased these only to wake up and they are just gone..class act!

USE THE PATCHER NOTES DEVS!!!'

ADD IN A MOTD..I don't know how much more they could botch things up like this..

I love how people are using the RL $ to Gold ratios..I but stuff all the time for less than your go to $ Conversions!

I generally don't feel bad for any player losing duped items..but to not throw up a warning in game or in patch notes, shows me exactly why returning vets log in, laugh, and click that unsub button rather quickly..extremely poor management..thanks for making vendors not hold duped items anymore btw :clown:

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol 8000 tokens! I hope you ban all those with more than 3 tokens
Because that is the smart thing too do. I bought some at 50 thinking I got a good deal before the exploit was known about and had them in a box in my house. So the 7 I had would have gotten me banned though I did nothing intentionally wrong. Good logic there. I guess you also like playing an MMO by yourself too?

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you read several of the posts, you would understand these tokens had unique I'd numbers due to the way they were probably created, thus did not show as duplicates and were able to be Put on vendors. Also if your convinced that players saw hundreds of tokens for a product that costs nearly thirty bucks in the UO store for 10 million gold and decided they were legal, then you are out of your mind Sir. People knew there was something wrong but bought anyway, most outright knew they were illegal and purchased anyway.

Stop making excuses, swallow the bitter pill and move on, if not, then please go to the account management page, hit the button and leave UO, we truly do not need you here.

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Or the person needed cash bad. I have done that in the past. Sold a 200m rare for 150-160 just to get the cash I needed fast. I am upset I lost 350m worth of tokens out the deal. At least what I paid for them. I think they could have done it a bit different on how they handled it. Everyday EA gives me another reason to close down accounts....Be a shame to lose my 78 a month I pay. Prolly will lose half of that over this though. Bust your ass making gold for a few months just to have it all deleted because you thought you had a good deal.

T

Tazar

i do think for this blunder they should give us a free mythic token per shard! Call it a peace offering! Trial accounts do not apply. Maybe they can add out jolly pirate flag in with it
I agree. I think the Dupers should have to buy us all a token for causing this mess and harming their customers by selling counterfeit items...

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or the person needed cash bad. I have done that in the past. Sold a 200m rare for 150-160 just to get the cash I needed fast. I am upset I lost 350m worth of tokens out the deal. At least what I paid for them. I think they could have done it a bit different on how they handled it. Everyday EA gives me another reason to close down accounts....Be a shame to lose my 78 a month I pay. Prolly will lose half of that over this though. Bust your ass making gold for a few months just to have it all deleted because you thought you had a good deal.
I can understand that philosophy with in game items, but come now, a person purchasing an item with real world cash, then selling it for less than half of what the would have recieved if they just purchased gold from a gold seller at current rates.... Your telling me you honestly believe what your saying? Or are you simply mad that you're out fake money in a game. Mad enough to stomp your feet and threaten to quit.. Seriously..Seriously.. Take responsibility for your action. If you bought a Rolex watch on the street in new yours city for a hundred dollars. Using, your same logic, assuming the guy just needed the cash, would you feel the same. Would you yell at the maker of the watch and threaten to never buy one again.. No, you would be pissed at the guy that sold it to you, and mad at yourself for being a sucker and buying it in the first place..

Again, if a deal is too good to be true, it usually is..

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
imho they should pull ALL the dupes/exploit items out of the game. If you can id them enough to supposedly keep them off of vendors, then you should have enough of an id to delete them. Yet go to any shard, sit at Luna bank for a little while and you will see all kinds of glacial items from that deal a while back, and the list goes on from there.

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also if your convinced that players saw hundreds of tokens for a product that costs nearly thirty bucks in the UO store for 10 million gold and decided they were legal, then you are out of your mind Sir. People knew there was something wrong but bought anyway, most outright knew they were illegal and purchased anyway.

Stop making excuses, swallow the bitter pill and move on, if not, then please go to the account management page, hit the button and leave UO, we truly do not need you here.
Ya..if you bought for 10m you should have known. Then again buying for 65 when they sell for 75 not a huge red flag.

Bad logic on the closing accounts but I am prolly about to close out 3 of my 6. EA keeps doing things to this game and royally screwing honest people who didn't know they bought duped items. I bought 8 of them at 50m each thinking I was getting a deal because I was buying in bulk. Little did I know the next day that they would be 25m and I start hearing stories.

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
imho they should pull ALL the dupes/exploit items out of the game. If you can id them enough to supposedly keep them off of vendors, then you should have enough of an id to delete them. Yet go to any shard, sit at Luna bank for a little while and you will see all kinds of glacial items from that deal a while back, and the list goes on from there.

The problem is they cannot identify them. I have items I have obtained myself from spawning and clean up that will not vendor after a shard xfer. Guess they are "duped". I know if they went through and started deleting my items I legitimately earned they will lose all of my money.

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya..if you bought for 10m you should have known. Then again buying for 65 when they sell for 75 not a huge red flag..
Honestly, even at the 75Mil Bargain they were illegal.. the math just does not pan out.. nobody is going to sell them for cheeper than they can buy gold in game.. think about it. its half of what you could get if you took that $30 and bought gold from any seller at .20 per million.. you got scammed by a cheater in a game you love and you blame the developers of the game. In reality you should be actively hunting down these people and exposing them for what they are, not closing your accounts in retribution. I mean if you cant afford it now, close them, if you don't like playing anymore, close them. But to close them in protest because you lost an illegal item you purchased from a cheater that twisted the mechanics of the game to obtain them.. *scratches head* I just don't get it

Last edited:

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It would be a bland empty game then lol

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Think about how many duped items are in game,then think about the owners of those items,now think about how many people would quit if you took away there glacial items,2 story statues,server births and everything else that's been duped,hell one time someone lost all there rare stuff there was a revert.

Lady Tia

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't lose anything but how about all the players who don't read stratics and purchased these only to wake up and they are just gone..class act!

USE THE PATCHER NOTES DEVS!!!'

ADD IN A MOTD..I don't know how much more they could botch things up like this..

I love how people are using the RL $ to Gold ratios..I but stuff all the time for less than your go to $ Conversions!

I generally don't feel bad for any player losing duped items..but to not throw up a warning in game or in patch notes, shows me exactly why returning vets log in, laugh, and click that unsub button rather quickly..extremely poor management..thanks for making vendors not hold duped items anymore btw :clown:
they have receipts for their purchase and get their item back.

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can understand that philosophy with in game items, but come now, a person purchasing an item with real world cash, then selling it for less than half of what the would have recieved if they just purchased gold from a gold seller at current rates.... Your telling me you honestly believe what your saying? Or are you simply mad that you're out fake money in a game. Mad enough to stomp your feet and threaten to quit.. Seriously..Seriously.. Take responsibility for your action. If you bought a Rolex watch on the street in new yours city for a hundred dollars. Using, your same logic, assuming the guy just needed the cash, would you feel the same. Would you yell at the maker of the watch and threaten to never buy one again.. No, you would be pissed at the guy that sold it to you, and mad at yourself for being a sucker and buying it in the first place..

Again, if a deal is too good to be true, it usually is..
Well even on everyone favorite Luna vendor search site, they sell gold at a rate of .5/m if you buy 100m (that is cheap compared to other sites). So...assuming that the guy bought gold instead of the token he would only get around 60m at that rate. Now i know that the independent guys who just sell gold, sells for less than half of that if you know the right people. But most people who would buy a token to sell it for cash are not going to buy gold from those people.

Either way. I bought the items at 50m a peice. Yes...almost too good to be true but then again sometimes people price items below market value to move them fast or they just don't know. I am a bit upset about losing 350m. Not just a drop in the bucket for some people. This is also in combination with other things such as lousy in-game support, buggy items (non duped items saying they are), etc.

Your logic with the Rolex does not really even apply. If the items were selling for 1/10th of the value when I bought them as what it normally does, that is a huge red flag. They were not. They were selling around 65% of what they normally cost. So clearly not the same thing. I also would not buy a rolex from the guy on the street. I am quite a bit smarter than that.

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly, even at the 75Mil Bargain they were illegal.. the math just does not pan out.. nobody is going to sell them for cheeper than they can buy gold in game.. think about it. its half of what you could get if you took that $30 and bought gold from any seller at .20 per million.. you got scammed by a cheater in a game you love and you blame the developers of the game. In reality you should be actively hunting down these people and exposing them for what they are, not closing your accounts in retribution. I mean if you cant afford it now, close them, if you don't like playing anymore, close them. But to close them in protest because you lost an illegal item you purchased from a cheater that twisted the mechanics of the game to obtain them.. *scratches head* I just don't get it

Again...You can buy gold at .20 and .30/m all day long from certain people. The people who would buy a token to sell for gold are generally not going to buy gold from the guy on there ICQ list. They will go to a reputable website or buy items off the game code store to A. Support the Game, B. Have less chance of being scammed for there RL $$$. So .2-.3/m is un-realistic for the guy who buys a token to sell it for in-game gold.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they have receipts for their purchase and get their item back.
What? :/ ...

I "assume" they didn't delete legitimate ones purchased off of origin, only the ones with the duped ID's..but then again I shouldn't assume anything, now should I..

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I think we have covered all the opinions on this.

There really is no perfect fix on this that will please everyone.

Action was taken and from the read still in progress. Let's wrap up and get back to what we all come here for!

The next grand adventure in game !

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I think we have covered all the opinions on this.

Let's wrap up and get back to what we all come here for!

The next grand adventure in game !
Man, who do you think you are? Telling us to, nah, just clowning around with ya :)

I agree. No amount of griping will change anything... *goes back to finding ways to recoup the loss*

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Voodoo you knew they were duped when you bought them so cheep, feel lucky you used the two and cross your fingers they not revert your skills somehow.. That and be ashamed you purchase items you knew we're dupes in he first place..
of course i knew they where duped.
but i trusted in the game and they assured me that venders would no longer sell duped items.

and why should i be ashamed?
i didnt dupe anything.
hell, im lucky if i can remember how to turn my computer on some days let alone dip into computer code and muck around some!
no, there is a group of people working for a company who we all pay monthly who should be the ones basking in the light of shame. not this fella here.
all i did was purchase something from a vender after i was told from the game development team that everything i purchase from a vender will be on the up and up.
am i mad.
not at all.
do i think its funny.
sure!
does this effect my game play?
not in the least.
does it effect the game economy?
sure its going too.
but i dont purchase or sell stuff in game.
i play, i earn what i need and i have fun.
the game economy and buying and selling is for other people.

Last edited:

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Man, who do you think you are? Telling us to, nah, just clowning around with ya :)

I agree. No amount of griping will change anything... *goes back to finding ways to recoup the loss*
There is more than one way to earn those so called experience points.....

Lessons learned. Let's get back to what we do best.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
of course i knew they where duped.
but i trusted in the game and they assured me that venders would no longer sell duped items.

Right here you contradict yourself. If you knew they "where" duped, then you should have known something was fishy when you could buy them off "venders."

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glad the tokens were deleted.
Only lost 120mil from 2 tokens i bought a few weeks ago
Tokens / store items have to be sold in game for new players to get gold
June 20th? really thought that was a typo and the month was wrong.
keep an eye on trade forums. im sure there will be a few new visitors spending way more than an items worth.
i really hope this was a wake up call to the UO team, not just a problem dealt with, but that something good can come of it - more respectable overall game security.
Please dont ignore ignore duping. yes its a problem, but because it will always be there also means it must be diligently combated.
This is just the tip of the iceberg.
im sure someone will be in luna selling 100 forged metal tools for 25mil each like always.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In February and March 2013 I was contacted by a certain person via ICQ, that "his relative" was working for EA - and this "relative" was able to get his hands on some couple of hundreds codes (Advanced Char and Char Transfer). He asked me (and I bet many of you, too), whether I would be interested in buying them for real cash (via Paypal). I did not buy any. When I talked to a fellow player on DF, she told me never ever to talk to these people again. Everything would be completely illegal.

Now, funny thing: This person is still in my ICQ-list. Did you receive such offers, too? And what did you do? Should we contact Mesanna?

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right here you contradict yourself. If you knew they "where" duped, then you should have known something was fishy when you could buy them off "venders."
i didnt contradict myself.
i knew they where duped, but i didnt care because we all knew they where gonna get deleted, no?
infact i found it absurdly funny that we are told that duped items can no longer go on venders, yet these where sitting right there.

if you want i can get some crayons and color you a picture if that will make it clearer for you?

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i knew they where duped, but i didnt care because we all knew they where gonna get deleted, no?
infact i found it absurdly funny that we are told that duped items can no longer go on venders, yet these where sitting right there.

if you want i can get some crayons and color you a picture if that will make it clearer for you?
Read below.

Well.. just start by thinking about what DUPE Means. If I had to guess when they say no "DUPED" items can go on vendors that means that items with identical ID's that are on the same sever cannot go on a Vendor. Someone in this thread posted that the Mythic Tokens created all had unique ID numbers so I wouldn't call this bug a DUPE but instead a BUG that allowed the CREATION of new Mythic Tokens basically. ...
By a certain definition, they weren't "duped" as they had unique IDs. Rather a bug allowed them to be falsely created.

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Alas duped items can be placed on vendors...they still aint got this right yet...still not working as intended....surely a dupe is a dupe...be it a server birth rare or a EM drop item or a ingame drop item like a slither say

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because that is the smart thing too do. I bought some at 50 thinking I got a good deal before the exploit was known about and had them in a box in my house. So the 7 I had would have gotten me banned though I did nothing intentionally wrong. Good logic there. I guess you also like playing an MMO by yourself too?
If you had 7 you were up to no good. Everyone with any more than 3 should be banned. 1 you can say you were going to use and you bought a fair price, if you had 2 the price must have been low enough for you to think you could make a quick buck reselling them. 3+ and you knew the price was way bellow the going rate and you knew you were buying dupped items and there for deserve a Ban

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a fix for that kind of thing your speaking of forsaken lies in the game mechanics, i.e. meaning stop designing every event and quest as an ungodly grind fest. make it so the casual player has a shot at getting the desired items without having to spend 20 hours a day at the computer legitimately to have even an outside shot at getting something.

I mean for reals... is anyone legitiamately filling fort powder bods, or barb kits or w/e....

glad they took these things out of the game. hope they can track down the coders and ban them.

move along people, nothing to see here.

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have removed more posts. We want this to be a discussion, not a "let's bash everyone BUT who caused the problem". Please keep it civil.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They need a better system of notifying people. Mesanna's statement 'as everyone knows'... if she actually believes that..... yeah...

It should have been splashed on the loading screen, a pop up in game and/or emails sent out to all the account holders.... something.

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm happy they did not!!

Those of you who rushed to purchase items you knew were illegal deserved the slap in the face. That action is part of the problem, maybe you will think twice before doing such in the future. Without the consumer, the scum that create such items would lessen.
The mythics that were selling for 70 mil most likely were created in this fashion. Once the trick to do so hit a certain level of knowledge, the tokens flooded the market and collectively minds were lost in the rush to buy for resale later, and for quick skill gain. I for one am happy the powers that be let it happen, maybe to teach a lesson some of you needed to learn.

I do feel bad for a few of you, but not most. Mostly for Echo, who I have much respect for. Sadly good people get caught up in a bad situation. However others of you have validated and cemented my beliefs about you.

And with that I'm done responding to this thread. Time to get back to the game I love.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They need a better system of notifying people. Mesanna's statement 'as everyone knows'... if she actually believes that..... yeah...

It should have been splashed on the loading screen, a pop up in game and/or emails sent out to all the account holders.... something.
There should have been a big red sign at every bank. and should have been one there JUNE 20th ideally.
UO staff Really needs to get better at this. its pretty bad when when most people accept the trash as part of the game. if the game is to be halfway respectable, at least provide some resources to issues other than deco and new content that no one wants.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Now you've gone from contradicting yourself to contradicting yourself with backtracking. If you "knew they where gonna get deleted," then why did you buy them in the first place?

Since you seem to have a ready supply of children's items, you can keep them to entertain yourself, while I and the other adults can have a conversation here.

You said before,

after i was told from the game development team that everything i purchase from a vender will be on the up and up.
Unless you received some sort of personal guarantee that the rest of us did not, Publish 81 says no such thing. It only refers to duped items. These tokens weren't duped.

Do you need that written out in crayon before you'll understand?