• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Looking for a few Good Event Moderators

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings Everyone, I am looking to 3 creative friendly people that would like to join the Event Moderator team. Please read the following and if you think this is an adventure you would like to join please contact me at [email protected]. Please answer the following questions and I will contact you to set up an interview. List of most played character names Shards you play on Age (must be 18 or over to submit an application) (You will need to sign a contract) How long you have played UO. Why do you want to be an Event Moderator? Few […]

Continue reading...

Sweetpeez

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
*earz crozzed* peaze nerg fur Chessy EMs uhgin! Weez kinda like da wunz weez gotz.

*shudderz membering da last tiem weez needed uh new EM und da 50 bajillion weez went thru!*

Edited = phew nerg uzizn - once da main page finally kamz upz it listed da wunz dey needed fur Guud Luck yooz 4 shardz! (atl, origin, ocean, und legend)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Chessy is safe... they are looking for:

Origin
Legends
Oceania
Atlantic

Can't EM on the shard you play on.

Jepeth

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
If I had the time I would absolutely do this and then -everyone- on my shard would come to know the Virtues.

...or else!

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I to like the idea of Virtue events, but before the 20th Anniv all EM's true ID were kept a secret, it was only during the Party that the ID of those EMs that were attending did you see a few when the Boss told them to stand. I am assuming they wish to still keep that and it will be hard for some to maintain a secret ID if they heavy involved with their home shard. Still it would be fun to see such events dealing more with the virtues.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I to like the idea of Virtue events, but before the 20th Anniv all EM's true ID were kept a secret, it was only during the Party that the ID of those EMs that were attending did you see a few when the Boss told them to stand. I am assuming they wish to still keep that and it will be hard for some to maintain a secret ID if they heavy involved with their home shard. Still it would be fun to see such events dealing more with the virtues.
Do the EM's have to participate in things like that? I didn't have any desire to go to that event as just a player, let alone an EM.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Do the EM's have to participate in things like that? I didn't have any desire to go to that event as just a player, let alone an EM.
no clue. I am pretty sure they only attended because they could go. I watched the youtube video when it was done and over with and saw a couple of the EMs

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No, you don't have to attend that as an EM... or a player for that matter... It was fun... I went to the last one... had a good time.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If memory serves, the EM's had to make a choice. Either attend as an EM or as a player. If they went as a player they could not divulge that they were an EM. If they went as an EM they could not divulge what shard(s) they played on.
It was wonderful to meet the EM's and Players at the anni. Had a blast and can't wait for the next one.

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Ahh Atlantic, the Land of 10,000 Karens, will anyone take the bait I wonder?

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
List of most played character names
Laura

Shards you play on
Baja

Older than 18. I am so old I could have teenage grandchildren.

How long you have played UO.
Since Dec '97. I don't know how long that is. Math hurts my brain.

Why do you want to be an Event Moderator?
Well, actually, I don't. I'm a "better than nothing" governor. I figure I could be a "better than nothing" EM.

Few paragraphs to describe an event you would like to run.
People gather at Counselor Hall in Britain. The EM's brand new RP character tells them there's a foozle about.
There's a one minute discussion of the foozle.
The discussion ends with "foozle bad, must combat."
RP character says "Follow me boys!" and casts a gate to the foozle cave.
Everyone battles a bunch of lesser EM-made critters for about 34 minutes.
The invulnerable EM-controlled foozle gives a two minute speech.
The foozle loses its invulnerability and the frame rate drops to 3-per-second.
The foozle dies and two people announce they are selling tonight's drop for 375M.
One person says "I did not get the crimson cincture."
We do it all again a month later.

Also give an example of a reward that goes with the event
Chair once sat on by Foozle
Book of "An Lor"
Purse of Ocllo (it's just a pouch that is a funny color)
Frozen Statue (a statue that's glacial white)
Pitchfork of the Foozle (wieldable weapon, but who would want to? It sucks)
Mysterious gemstone (a labelled geode)
Melted foozle candy (a functionless purple soulstone fragment)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
List of most played character names
Laura

Shards you play on
Baja

Older than 18. I am so old I could have teenage grandchildren.

How long you have played UO.
Since Dec '97. I don't know how long that is. Math hurts my brain.

Why do you want to be an Event Moderator?
Well, actually, I don't. I'm a "better than nothing" governor. I figure I could be a "better than nothing" EM.

Few paragraphs to describe an event you would like to run.
People gather at Counselor Hall in Britain. The EM's brand new RP character tells them there's a foozle about.
There's a one minute discussion of the foozle.
The discussion ends with "foozle bad, must combat."
RP character says "Follow me boys!" and casts a gate to the foozle cave.
Everyone battles a bunch of lesser EM-made critters for about 34 minutes.
The invulnerable EM-controlled foozle gives a two minute speech.
The foozle loses its invulnerability and the frame rate drops to 3-per-second.
The foozle dies and two people announce they are selling tonight's drop for 375M.
One person says "I did not get the crimson cincture."
We do it all again a month later.

Also give an example of a reward that goes with the event
Chair once sat on by Foozle
Book of "An Lor"
Purse of Ocllo (it's just a pouch that is a funny color)
Frozen Statue (a statue that's glacial white)
Pitchfork of the Foozle (wieldable weapon, but who would want to? It sucks)
Mysterious gemstone (a labelled geode)
Melted foozle candy (a functionless purple soulstone fragment)

Think ya gotta email that. She will never see it posted on these forums...

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ahh Atlantic, the Land of 10,000 Karens, will anyone take the bait I wonder?
I was thinking about signing up to be an EM but to this point, it's seems like it would just take the joy out of the game because I'd then be required to spend X amount a time/week all for people to complain they didn't get a drop or that whatever time the events are don't work for them.

Is there any benefit for being an EM? I think they stopped allowing them to have free accounts right?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Is there any benefit for being an EM?
A little pay is all. Last I heard it was like $100-200 or so is all. Not a job you take for income, more of a labor of love to try and help build the community imho.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I thought about applying. But then I remembered that EM events have turned into nothing more than a primary source of income for the RMT crowd. Knowing that I don't/won't break the rules, I realized I didn't stand a chance of getting hired! LOL

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
A little pay is all. Last I heard it was like $100-200 or so is all. Not a job you take for income, more of a labor of love to try and help build the community imho.
That's actually more than I thought it would be. I'd be fine with getting sovereigns from the UO store to buy the little dumb stuff I'd never pay money for like pen of wisdom/undertakers staff/etc.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Well if you have a house on Atlantic pretty sure you would be disqualify.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yea I figured that I wouldn't be doing ATL which partially went into my comment about people complaining about EM times. If i were to do Origin that would be 3hr behind me which means I'd have to play until midnight just to give people an 8pm event.... I'm long in bed by then :hahaha:

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Aren't em 's restricted on what they can do anyways ? It seems there used to be more storyline to go with them . Now it's just go kill fight the lag hope you get a drop .

The last time I went seemed very cookie cutter and was like being spoken to like a robot .

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The way it has always seemed to me is that the fiction level is up to the EM. There have been those who are heavy fiction based with strong character development... and then those who aren't.