• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Issue Updates

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings everyone, Our UO family would like to wish each and everyone a very Happy and Safe holiday. We have corrected a few issues as stated below: Gargoyles can now equip the Mark of the Destroyer belt. Due to reported issues of players losing their pet costumes when the pet dies we have made a change that automatically returns the costume to the player upon the death of the pet. Any existing costume credits on a bonded pet will be returned back to their owner upon death if both the pet and owner are located on the same sub-server. We […]

Continue reading...

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
You have to re-apply the doggy skin to pet every time it dies ? Wtf ...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well that sux. My pet never lost its costume. Now I have to go to a vet to get it put back on after every death.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How did players make wildfire cloth?

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Probably recycling bear masks? That's how it was done with earlier events but either during wildfire or right after it I think they changed the drops to no longer work with that method. I haven't tried because I was afraid I would just lose drops with no cloth created.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I heard that a tiny amount of cloth was selling for a lot . I mean a lot ( platinums )

........ Riiiight

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Due to reported issues of players losing their pet costumes when the pet dies we have made a change that automatically returns the costume to the player upon the death of the pet. Any existing costume credits on a bonded pet will be returned back to their owner upon death if both the pet and owner are located on the same sub-server.

Please remember If your bonded pet dies and you are unable to locate it try logging out and back in before you call a GM.

@The Black Smith

Well That settles that argument now I will make sure and log out before my pet dies so I don't have to go back to the groomer and re apply the costume.

Sounds like the official way to retrieve a pet is to log off and on.

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
If it dies and you’re unable to locate it, I don’t think anyone has disputed performing this action is the correct thing to do.

Not sure they are saying to do this before it dies.

I would be interested to know what happens if a costumed pet dies while on a different sub server to the owner though.

As for the wildfire cloth, it sounds correct that you could cut it up before a hotfix came in, it also sounds correct that illegal clients could continue to cut it up post hotfix.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If it dies and you’re unable to locate it, I don’t think anyone has disputed performing this action is the correct thing to do.

Not sure they are saying to do this before it dies.

I would be interested to know what happens if a costumed pet dies while on a different sub server to the owner though.

As for the wildfire cloth, it sounds correct that you could cut it up before a hotfix came in, it also sounds correct that illegal clients could continue to cut it up post hotfix.
The costume comes off when the pet dies. So I don't think the server matters.

Or they fixed a non existent problem and can cause you to lose a item from the store.

You test it. :)

Last edited: