• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Invasion Update & Treasures Soft Launches

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
7/17/2020 Greetings, As of July 21, 2020 we will be deactivating the Invasions. This is in anticipation of the soft launch of our new dynamic Treasures events. Our current plan is to scale up our soft launch through various shards in the coming weeks. Please keep an eye on UO.com for updates and how to participate in these new Treasures events! See you in Britannia, UO Team

Continue reading...

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well so much for giving 'plenty of notice' that's less than a week! o_O
I was going to say this as well. I had hoped we'd have more notice. In fact, I had half hoped they would just let it run until the next publish. But it is what it is I suppose.

Sellingahouse

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
" Our current plan is to scale up our soft launch through various shards in the coming weeks." Will this mess up shard transfers for weeks?

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Well so much for giving 'plenty of notice' that's less than a week! o_O
not sure exactly which meet & greet, but they were asked when they would end.
They said then mid month...
I thought that meant the 15th.. but at least they made it last longer, than i thought they would.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They said it would end when pub 109 comes in. It actually is close to their prediction, Mid July. So they did announce it more than a month ago. Was in a newsletter.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Publish 109 came in a bit of a rush too, on the plus side that means the big announcement will be soon...;)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Publish 109 came in a bit of a rush too, on the plus side that means the big announcement will be soon...;)
The big announcement was scheduled for the Spring. I dont call that a rush since it has yet to happen.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
not sure exactly which meet & greet, but they were asked when they would end.
They said then mid month...
I thought that meant the 15th.. but at least they made it last longer, than i thought they would.
Their idea of communication.. "I randomly said it somewhere and call it an announcement".

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
" Our current plan is to scale up our soft launch through various shards in the coming weeks." Will this mess up shard transfers for weeks?
It will for sure mean that most shards won't see any soft launch and only some lucky on those shards they pick will get whatever the rewards are. Just more EM ********.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@Pawain I was referring to how fast 109 went from test to live, the announcement was first hinted to be in Spring but I'm guessing now it might be August or later. I just hope it was worth waiting for!

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They did announce a while back (I believe in June) that the spellbook invasion was ending "Mid July" so we knew we had a couple of weeks... I was actually kind of surprised they gave us the actual date as I was expecting around the 13th that I'd just log in one day and the town crier just wouldn't be announcing invasion towns. It was also good to see they let it run through the weekend to give people an extra couple days to get it in.

@ShriNayne - I do agree with you that 109 went extremely fast on TC1 but after seeing what Kyronix said about the dynamic events on TC1 it makes sense (summary was the TC1 "events" were just a test for EMs/DEVs to check their tool and not a test of actual events going live). This kind of goes to what I was saying before where 109 seems really light in that it's basically just the EM tool (it took them since March to finish that??) and there isn't any actual content coming out until the fall which kind of sounds like Halloween.

If you don't want to hear my rant... stop reading now!

*Start rant*
I've found myself playing a whole lot less (and I'm still working from home!) just due to stale content and honestly I feel like like "EM Tool for more dynamic content" is a load of crap because while it does make the EM/DEVs job easier, it doesn't guarantee fresh content by any means. It's especially frustrating (from my point of view) when events like Halloween and Krampus are literally just recycled stuff so what really takes so much time (we didn't even have a Halloween event last year)? Kyronix said something would take them 5+ hours will now take less than an hour... so let's round way up and say it took them 40 hours to code out content; they are only running something like the invasion or ToT or Krampus 4-5 times a year anyway so 1 week of work on their end for fresh content (or recycled) 4-5 weeks a year doesn't really seem like they are being stretched thin.

I really think that the DEV team dropped the ball on the big announcement because people are only going to be excited for so long (almost 6 months later I've lost interest).

Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised and we will get new content every month going forward and the big announcement is that the EM tool was done to bring on more people and improve content but content hasn't really been a strong point of the current regime.

*End rant*

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@Keven2002 That wasn't a rant, you were just being honest about your thoughts and feelings, a lot of other people feel the same. They should have made the announcement while they still had that big captive audience at home, yes they dropped the ball again....

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pawain I was referring to how fast 109 went from test to live, the announcement was first hinted to be in Spring but I'm guessing now it might be August or later. I just hope it was worth waiting for!
Also may have had to do with so few people helping them test it. If you helped you got a special ship in a bottle and a 50% sdi book. Every time I went to TC and yelled in chat, if anyone was testing, I got no answers.

Also the EM tools have been on TC for over a month. So, they had tested the main part of it.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Also may have had to do with so few people helping them test it. If you helped you got a special ship in a bottle and a 50% sdi book. Every time I went to TC and yelled in chat, if anyone was testing, I got no answers.

Also the EM tools have been on TC for over a month. So, they had tested the main part of it.
Yea I got 2 ships in a bottle for testing but it's just going to be deleted when the shard is wiped for the next round of testing... not much of a reward :)

Jelinidas

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
We also got our ships in the bottles and books. Dang I wish I could have brought that book home!

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It's a shame they didn't give people something they could claim on their home shard, that would have made a nice gift for the help testing, yeah I know it would just feed the rares collector's but I guess they could make something account bound.