• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Introducing the Ultima Store

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If there is no way to transfer them between account, how do you take delivery??

Are they selling codes? I would be VERY wary of a site selling codes for a discount price!!!
The sovereigns themselves cannot be traded, but the codes to redeem them can be.

So the 3rd party sites just tell the buyer what the code is after being paid.

Last edited:

Morbeous

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Those sites use stolen credit cards so of course they can sell sovereigns cheaper as it cost them Zero amount to buy them.
Oh and IF you use those sites then you can add your credit card to the list they use. :p

I should also mention for those thinking of using said sites that if a code you bought from them is traced back to a stolen card then you yourself will be in trouble if you live in Europe. Internet law changed last year and "ignorance" is no longer accepted.
The same as if you bought a TV for a tenner from a guy in the pub, but you thought it was legit.

Emptor cavete.
These sites have been around for years. If they used stolen credit cards they would have been shut down.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No idea where to post this question...

IF a player already has a page in to a GM and goes to see the store and leaves the store they get the help request aborted text. Yes.
Does that cancel the previous GM page or not?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No idea where to post this question...

IF a player already has a page in to a GM and goes to see the store and leaves the store they get the help request aborted text. Yes.
Does that cancel the previous GM page or not?
Every time you open with the Help button, when you close it , it will say Help request aborted.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So it only cancels that look? Not any previous pages? Hope so, ty for reply.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't been keeping up on this. But I was thinking there would be an option to buy stuff with gold. I don't get the excitement.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I haven't been keeping up on this. But I was thinking there would be an option to buy stuff with gold. I don't get the excitement.
Why would you think that EA would allow UO to sell something for other than real money. Is there a way EA can pay its bills with UO Gold?

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO Gold keeps the server room warm in the winter.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And isn't it funny that they are charging the same amount for the same items that were in the Origin Store and people bought them but now that they are in-game people think they cost more. PRICELESS
They charge only the same if your currency is Dollar. For others, at least for the ones who live where its for example Euro they raised the prices around 25% (reference forged metal, Legacy token items)

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They charge only the same if your currency is Dollar. For others, at least for the ones who live where its for example Euro they raised the prices around 25% (reference forged metal, Legacy token items)
It would have needed some communications with Origin to figure that out up front. But we all know how reluctant Mesanna is to communications with people who have a say. Hence her issues with EA (Possible no details discussed when announcing going to steam, then getting rekt), Origin store (Never telling us about sales, Not knowing her regional differences in players, etc.) and every other actor she is failing to work something out for the better. Instead we only hear "none of my business" from her when it comes to this things.

I mean who's business is it to work this stuff out if not the Producer's?

If there is one thing is wished for UO, it was for a professional producer. Mesanna would be better with a GM or EM role.

That being said, my next legacy tokens will likely not be bought at Broadsword :D

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
So it appears all items have been removed from Origin except game time and expansions.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't they going to leave those up for people to have the option of using Origin or the in game store?

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why would you think that EA would allow UO to sell something for other than real money. Is there a way EA can pay its bills with UO Gold?
So instead of buying an item at the website with Real Currency, you now buy Sovereigns with RC to use in game on the same items which may or may not be more expensive depending on where you live. I don't get the appeal.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So instead of buying an item at the website with Real Currency, you now buy Sovereigns with RC to use in game on the same items which may or may not be more expensive depending on where you live. I don't get the appeal.
You do understand that the Sovereigns cost REAL MONEY and you can no longer buy a lot of things in the Origin store.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You do understand that the Sovereigns cost REAL MONEY and you can no longer buy a lot of things in the Origin store.
Well, as you quoted, I said...

However, I did not know that a lot of things were taken off the store. So I guess it makes some sense now. Although, I'm guessing they only did this so we don't complain about not being included in the sales.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
However, I did not know that a lot of things were taken off the store. So I guess it makes some sense now. Although, I'm guessing they only did this so we don't complain about not being included in the sales.
I think it was more a way we could buy more than 1 item at a time as EA was never going to allow this feature to happen when dealing with real money transactions.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Rest assured, there will still be complaints regarding sales...or the lack thereof.

:lick:

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it was more a way we could buy more than 1 item at a time as EA was never going to allow this feature to happen when dealing with real money transactions.
And yet they now allow the purchase of more that 1 unit of Sovereigns with Real Money......
No, you all can dress it up how ever you like or keep those blinkers on. This action was done solely for the benefit of a F2P game which isn't far off now.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
And yet they now allow the purchase of more that 1 unit of Sovereigns with Real Money......
No, you all can dress it up how ever you like or keep those blinkers on. This action was done solely for the benefit of a F2P game which isn't far off now.
The way it has been implemented will botch any future hopes of this.

If sales remain flat because of a failed marketing ploy then, nothing will change.

Regardless, it's not happening this year.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just tried to buy more than one 5000 Sov. pack and it would not let me so how did you do it?

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nah I'm not even subbed anymore, just with No official comment on how many could be bought in a given time I assumed they hadn't imposed a limit.
Did you try it in more than one visit ie, buy 5000 pay and leave site then go back 5 mins later and buy another 5000?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nah I'm not even subbed anymore, just with No official comment on how many could be bought in a given time I assumed they hadn't imposed a limit.
LMAO not even subbed but trying to make a statement as a fact like you have done it, PRICELESS. And another statement stated as a fact about F2P and again you ASSume to be in the know.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is this the preperation for a free to play model of UO?
LMAO Some people are trying their damndest to make you believe that and they are only ASSuming where the Dark Lady herself said that UO was NOT going F2P. Ask yourself this if and I mean BIG IF UO was to go F2P who is going to write the code for it just the same as who would write the code for Stream or what ever it is called because we have a total of 4, FOUR, people working on UO.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Is this the preperation for a free to play model of UO?
No. Please see this comment from Mesanna, head UO developer. While there is vocal player speculation about the possibility, the official stance is currently that UO is not going F2P.