• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Introducing the Ultima Store

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
god, that ultima store menu is the most beautiful menu they've ever made - that thing is insanely good looking - lol - figures

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hmm... From the screenshot presented it looks like a a few prices have actually increased slightly from the Origin Store o.0

I'm hoping this proves not to be the case when it goes live and/or that sales are frequent.

The gump IS nice though...

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I agree, the menu look great :)

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it's actually super clear and concise - what happened to the UO we know and love? (hehe)

Vampyre Kitty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone know why they do not have 1 month game time codes on origins site anymore? I went to get one the other day and noticed it was gone. Only 3 and 6 months are available.

Beldin Brightaxe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sovereigns are for sale now:

500 for $4.99
1000 for $9.99
2000 for $19.99
5000 for $49.99

No discount or bonus' for buying more. In fact, it actually costs a few pennies more to buy a larger package.

1 month gametime not available yet.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sovereigns are for sale now:

500 for $4.99
1000 for $9.99
2000 for $19.99
5000 for $49.99

No discount or bonus' for buying more. In fact, it actually costs a few pennies more to buy a larger package.

1 month gametime not available yet.
A smart marketing person would have kicked off the launch with a sale...

*shrugs*

Here I was ready to spend some money... Now I will wait.

EA never ceases to amaze.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
A smart marketing person would have kicked off the launch with a sale...

*shrugs*

Here I was ready to spend some money... Now I will wait.

EA never ceases to amaze.
Was just thinking the same thing.

Regardless, I am still interested in seeing the things they will be selling.
Equipment, mounts, etc.

I'd laugh if it was something like the ornament of the magician for 1000 sovereigns. Pass - thanks.

Haidon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Crud! Purchased some sovereigns. Finally got it to take my code, now I get:

Error

There was an error processing your request

Return to the homepage.

Probably just overloaded at the moment. Still no shards available.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Error

Return to the homepage.

Oh, oh, I have the perfect commercial!

New ingame interface set-up?
CHECK
Origin store taking your money?
CHECK
Account management there to pancake it up?
PRICELESS!

EA, where we tell customers to go pancake themselves.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

Error

Return to the homepage.

Thanks for being the Guinea pig and taking one for the team!

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There certainly are a lot of folks who just have to go get hosed within minutes of a new thing ... and they undoubtedly KNOW the track record for stuff like this! I never knew so many masochists existed in one place. I figure I'll try it out next week ... after the initial bugs and foulups are done with.

It might be the bleeding edge, but *I* don't need the blood loss ATM.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember the movie. Jodie Foster and Anthony Hopkins. Thanks for enlightening me ;)

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What totally sucks is that you can no longer buy anything from Origin that you redeem in-game only account upgrades. I thought this was going to be both ways, Origin and in-game.

Morbeous

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
If it goes Free to Play with an ingame store like that then the game wont last more than a couple of weeks. Not much to buy at the moment and certaintly not worth the money they are charging.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If it goes Free to Play with an ingame store like that then the game wont last more than a couple of weeks. Not much to buy at the moment and certaintly not worth the money they are charging.
And isn't it funny that they are charging the same amount for the same items that were in the Origin Store and people bought them but now that they are in-game people think they cost more. PRICELESS

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
And isn't it funny that they are charging the same amount for the same items that were in the Origin Store and people bought them but now that they are in-game people think they cost more. PRICELESS
Some items like Forged Metal tools (10 charges) do cost more. Was 59 dkr on Origin, now 1000 Sovereigns = 79 dkr, that's a diff of 20 dkr or 34% higher price

Morbeous

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I wouldn't even buy from the Origin store at the prices they charge :)

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think the currency conversion for non-US customers did make some things more expensive.

Morbeous

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Believe it or not I have found a website selling sovereigns cheaper than Origin!!!

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some items like Forged Metal tools (10 charges) do cost more. Was 59 dkr on Origin, now 1000 Sovereigns = 79 dkr, that's a diff of 20 dkr or 34% higher price
In the US the prices are the same, I didn't know that EA was charging you more for the Sovereigns so yes IMHO you have a real gripe but as for the US players they are just whining to whine.

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Believe it or not I have found a website selling sovereigns cheaper than Origin!!!
I would like to know how third-party sites get them cheaper. What kind of arraignment do they have with EA?

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm in awe of the store menu gump.....haven't seen quality work like that since Ultima 4.:gee:

"goto your account management page to enter your Origin code".......lol. Half the people playing can't even access their Account management page and your adding this system for 'New players'????? :facepalm:

Also has Origin tagged the 2 items per week limit onto sovereigns? UO has such weak security it wouldn't take to long to get CC details from accounts and use them to buy unlimited sovereigns.
Another half-assed project implemented to benefit???

Oh and I nearly spat my coffee over the screen when I read the FAQ....this one in particular....:pie:

What should I do if there is a problem with my purchase?
If you are having a problem with not receiving a code redeemable for Sovereigns, contact Origin Support at [email protected]

If you are having a problem with not receiving in-game items from the Ultima Store contact support or page a Game Master in-game.

Last edited:

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I just looked at one and you're right! and 24-48 hours after introduction, too! Impressive.

@Barok - I doubt there is any arrangement between these sites and EA. Take it from there.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those sites use stolen credit cards so of course they can sell sovereigns cheaper as it cost them Zero amount to buy them.
Oh and IF you use those sites then you can add your credit card to the list they use. :p

I should also mention for those thinking of using said sites that if a code you bought from them is traced back to a stolen card then you yourself will be in trouble if you live in Europe. Internet law changed last year and "ignorance" is no longer accepted.
The same as if you bought a TV for a tenner from a guy in the pub, but you thought it was legit.

Emptor cavete.

Last edited:

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If there is no way to transfer them between account, how do you take delivery??

Are they selling codes? I would be VERY wary of a site selling codes for a discount price!!!