• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Housing Status Update

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Mod note: A few posts have been removed for personal attacks. Discuss, but discuss civilly.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I worry that turning on will reveal more space than they want to be seen. 85% of the land mass on the collective servers is empty and the game is lacking updated content, while the economy is certainly hurting the actual job losses are far from as bad as the media would indicate. It could be that people have voted with the old wallet and Bonnie has all but pushed more out the door.

@Lord Nabin seems to have the magic insight to most things the team won't mention, so I guess I'll ask him if he knows what the sub rate is like?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Look, the simple truth is this... they could stop house decay without turning off the entire housing system... it would likely just mean putting in the work to separate the two and they aren't willing to devote the resources to it.

Realistically, if you get creative it likely wouldn't be too hard... they have already proven that they can adjust the timers for decay stages... how about we just go ahead and set the first stage of decay to 4320 hours... that would effectively add 180 days to the house decay effective 6/1/2020. They would be reverted back to 24 hours on 11/1/2020 and any house eligible to fall that has not been refreshed would drop that day. Nothing about the rest of the housing system would be effected...

Now whether the current situation warrants a delay is a different question.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just a thought here but they turned it off for a hurricane in Florida which I felt was a kind thing to do
playing devil’s advocate here, when you consider the amount of people effected in Florida compared to the amount of people effected now (world wide) it’s baffling to me they didn’t do something to help those in need out.
even the greedy banks are all giving 90 (some up to a year) day payment deferrals as well rent and mortgage deferrals.
I personally feel they (UO) can’t afford to help out any more (do to lack of subs) and don’t have the time to separate the systems.
@Riyana said it best though if they can’t separate the systems it a huge issue.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I worry that turning on will reveal more space than they want to be seen. 85% of the land mass on the collective servers is empty and the game is lacking updated content, while the economy is certainly hurting the actual job losses are far from as bad as the media would indicate. It could be that people have voted with the old wallet and Bonnie has all but pushed more out the door.

@Lord Nabin seems to have the magic insight to most things the team won't mention, so I guess I'll ask him if he knows what the sub rate is like?
No clue

Fortis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
the reason why they dont stop idocs it s the opposite...because a mass new player or returner who need house spot....have seen seen price triple up...there is the reason why.

but i understand some people are in debt and no job and maybe cant pay for uo anymore it is sad

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The proper solution would be to figure out a way to allow house placement but just disable them falling on their own...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This reply fits my opinion:

Its only like 15 bucks every 3 months to keep your house. If you cant come up with that, you have problems worse then worrying about pixel crack. If you don't think you can pay, bank it! Come back when you can. Please for the love of everything, Don't Mess With Housing Code!!

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Most companies are having a hard time getting their people back because they are making more money on unemployment than they did working so there is absolutely no reason to turn off housing decay unless you are one of those 90 day roulette players and IMHO housing should decay the day you stop paying with a 5 day grace period

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have no problem not turning housing off or on. only thing I would like to see about housing/idocs is that they all drop at the same time. just my opinion.