• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Future Publish Schedule Update & More!

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
9/28/2018 Greetings, Publish 101 has been live for a little over a week and already Britannian’s have demonstrated their wit and resolve in defeating the latest threat to the realm. Crafters have been outfitting her armies with Caddellite infused weapons, magical items, and treats and are ready to seize the Treasures of Khaldun, while rogues have gotten an early taste of the riches to be had. The remainder of the Treasures of Khaldun content, including Artifact of the Cult drops from the Khal Ankur Champ Spawn, Puzzle Box artifacts, and bonus power scrolls will go live on October 1st. Also […]

Continue reading...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
:cheerleader:We also have some new items coming to the Ultima Store in October! The first of which is a new skeletal cat vanity mount. The second is a “Potion of Glorious Fortune” that gives a bonus to points earned from creatures in the Treasures of Khaldun.

I want that cat!!!!

And pay to WIN!

I leave for a vacation to Niagra Falls Early Oct 1. I will miss a week.. :(

:cheerleader: as well as new hairstyles and beards in the Ultima Store.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No High Seas updates, but a Huntsmasters Challenge.......ummm, congrats to those of you that enjoy that ...damn I did good then.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That "Potion of Glorious Fortune" needs a nerf ASAP..... Consumables are ruining UO.

Seriously though, It's upsetting seeing these kinds of things on the UO store... I'm sure it's a new beginning, the first "beginning" was the Forged Metal of Artifacts, but with legendaries, items don't need to be enhanced anymore for the most part, they've got so much resist on them enhancing doesn't matter for most items. =X

UO is the first (that I know of) to sell an item that has temporary usefulness for real $.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
UO is the first (that I know of) to sell an item that has temporary usefulness for real $.
Oh, UO is nowhere near the first game to do this. In fact, nearly every mobile game does this and several MMOs. All before UO.

UO is significantly behind the curve with its in-game store.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No High Seas updates, but a Huntsmasters Challenge.......ummm, congrats to those of you that enjoy that ...damn I did good then.
Im with you. I have ships and cannons and nothing to point them at.

New Trophies!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you trained your pets on pirates! You would find High Seas very useful!
Too slow. The mage is there. Navrey is there. Allosaurus are there. Just a recall away.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not a fan of in game stores. But I get the need with the free to play option. It is nice that they're giving vets a free one to use. If the duration is decent and it actually gives a real boost, they may get some sales for it.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not a fan of in game stores. But I get the need with the free to play option. It is nice that they're giving vets a free one to use. If the duration is decent and it actually gives a real boost, they may get some sales for it.
Sure, but it would probably make a more positive difference if it had been part of the content. I mean, it's only going to be useful for 2 months, unless they expand on what the potion effects down the road.

Fortis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
That "Potion of Glorious Fortune" needs a nerf ASAP..... Consumables are ruining UO.

Seriously though, It's upsetting seeing these kinds of things on the UO store... I'm sure it's a new beginning, the first "beginning" was the Forged Metal of Artifacts, but with legendaries, items don't need to be enhanced anymore for the most part, they've got so much resist on them enhancing doesn't matter for most items. =X

only usefull for luck peices

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I welcome those "pay-to-win" potions and will buy a lot of them if they give me a good bonus for their price.
Now... why are they messing up with ECs dress macros? Do they really want to make this game as unfun as possible to drive people like me away forever?

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, UO is nowhere near the first game to do this. In fact, nearly every mobile game does this and several MMOs. All before UO.

UO is significantly behind the curve with its in-game store.
I'm pretty certain UO is the 1st Subscription game to use "P2W" items in their in-game cash shop without giving subscribers some sort of "stipends" per month for said shop....
They should distinguish between Subscription and EJ accounts, there really is no point in having more than 1 paid account anymore.
Not doing themselves any favours with this sort of thing, they need to send Mesanna on a few "mmo-marketing" courses. ;)

nb, I don't include Korean flashy mmo's in this as they are "fly by night" & "here today, gone tomorrow" games.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Pretty sure from what they have said at the Meet & Greets that they haven't even started looking at High Seas yet, it was never going to be this year. Let's all hope that 'on the radar' means next year!

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pretty sure from what they have said at the Meet & Greets that they haven't even started looking at High Seas yet, it was never going to be this year. Let's all hope that 'on the radar' means next year!
That is beyond disappointing.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I know! I thought from what they said at the Anniversary party last year that High Seas would be this year, but maybe priorities changed somewhere...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A lot of people are reading more into what was said at the 20th anniversary than was actually said.

What they said was that the High Seas 2.0/revamp was one of the _possibilities_ for publish 101 or 102, but might be later.

And, they never set an actual timeline. I don't think they expected the publishes since last September to take as long to get out as they did (especially EJ and Publish 100), so it's likely they're running 1 publish behind on their plans as it is, and that the current publishes 101 and 102 were originally meant to be 102 and 103, but the calendar got in the way.

fajico

Seasoned Veteran
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good idea selling the potion after nerfing the main reward (Khal Ankur Mask).

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'm interested in the new seasonal encounter in publish 103. Wonder what devious plans the developers have up their sleeves

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It's not really instant though anyway, I don't know about on the EC but with Pinco's everything stops when you change to your luck suit, I can't do anything for a few seconds. I use that macro maybe once a month, not sure why that meant it needed nerfing....an extra 2 seconds will seem a long time!

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's not really instant though anyway, I don't know about on the EC but with Pinco's everything stops when you change to your luck suit, I can't do anything for a few seconds. I use that macro maybe once a month, not sure why that meant it needed nerfing....an extra 2 seconds will seem a long time!

Mervyn can explain it...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is a thread on the uo forums that kyronix made to give feedback.