• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Friday the 13th Slaughter Fest

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
5/12/2022 Greetings, Beginning Friday, May 13, 2022 through Sunday, May 15, 2022 the Treasures of Fey Wrath will move to Felucca on the Atlantic shard only! During this limited time, temporary engagement, those who wish to challenge the Fey Wrath are invited to do so! See you in Destard, UO Team

Continue reading...

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Atlantic only? LOL
I just logged on ATL to check out Destard and it doesn't matter where in the dungeon you are it's laggy. I switched to Origin and had no lag issues at all which seems to be the case for almost every other shard. ATL is camped 24/7.

Don't worry about ATL. You said the spawn was perfectly fine on your shard so stick by what you say. I'm sure P-stain will also cry about ATL only getting the much needed Fel side event too. You dudes were made for each other.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I just logged on ATL to check out Destard and it doesn't matter where in the dungeon you are it's laggy. I switched to Origin and had no lag issues at all which seems to be the case for almost every other shard. ATL is camped 24/7.

Don't worry about ATL. You said the spawn was perfectly fine on your shard so stick by what you say. I'm sure P-stain will also cry about ATL only getting the much needed Fel side event too. You dudes were made for each other.
I said what? A lot of players I know stopped even bothering. The way it is today is not an indication of the way it was the first few days or how it could be. Fel has a luck bonus I believe. I'd have tried Fel for sure.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Awesome news that event will be in Felucca. Hopefully the developers see a positive reaction to this and will keep it open longer and/or add to other shards.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I get that it's probably just a test to see how things go, but it's pretty lame to limit to the weekend.
Some will come back next week and say wait , what ? This event was in fel ? Oh just for three days ....

Perhaps doing this experiment before it went live , hmmm TC1:rolleyes: , would have been better?

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I get that it's probably just a test to see how things go, but it's pretty lame to limit to the weekend.
Some will come back next week and say wait , what ? This event was in fel ? Oh just for three days ....

Perhaps doing this experiment before it went live , hmmm TC1:rolleyes: , would have been better?
This kinda crazy talk will get you labeled a troll

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This kinda crazy talk will get you labeled a troll
And if you do it on the official forum it will have the thread locked lol.

Awesome news that event will be in Felucca. Hopefully the developers see a positive reaction to this and will keep it open longer and/or add to other shards.
I'm hoping the same thing. Only 3 days over the weekend is pretty short. Luckily I'll be able to play some this weekend but if it was last weekend I woulda been out of luck since I was out of town. I don't really care if every shard gets to have Fel open but if I'm being honest not every shard needs it open. Majority of shards don't need Fel open as a valve release like ATL does because there is plenty of spawn to kill in the static zones; but the argument could be to open up Fel for PvP... but the funny thing is that many of those same people who want Fel open are the ones that want to eliminate Fel and PvP.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
And if you do it on the official forum it will have the thread locked lol.

I'm hoping the same thing. Only 3 days over the weekend is pretty short. Luckily I'll be able to play some this weekend but if it was last weekend I woulda been out of luck since I was out of town. I don't really care if every shard gets to have Fel open but if I'm being honest not every shard needs it open. Majority of shards don't need Fel open as a valve release like ATL does because there is plenty of spawn to kill in the static zones; but the argument could be to open up Fel for PvP... but the funny thing is that many of those same people who want Fel open are the ones that want to eliminate Fel and PvP.
Gee if only we had a pvp only shard i bet It'd be wildly popular

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Ugh, interesting. Who will win : 20script AI archers with 40 EV or couple of reds ?
During last 2 days of Wildlife event on ATL occasional reds we're slaughtered on sight in no time .

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ugh, interesting. Who will win : 20script AI archers with 40 EV or couple of reds ?
During last 2 days of Wildlife event on ATL occasional reds we're slaughtered on sight in no time .
Ah but today's brave pvper is not red. it's blues waiting for someone to flag then all the brave warriors pounce.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
How it is working ? I saw no paragon in destard. While haven't worked spawn yet (no gear) I Went to lvl 2 and 3 killed some stuff for a while . Got nothing . And no paragon too.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How it is working ? I saw no paragon in destard. While haven't worked spawn yet (no gear) I Went to lvl 2 and 3 killed some stuff for a while . Got nothing . And no paragon too.
I'm sure they are all doing the spawn for fast and easy drops with pretend pvp.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sure they are all doing the spawn for fast and easy drops with pretend pvp.
I was just in there as well. The spawn was normal, there were no fey creatures, and the "Wrath of the Fey" name wasn't appended to any of them.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
They didn't say what time they were turning it on....wait awhile...they probably won't turn it on until later this afternoon/evening.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was just in there as well. The spawn was normal, there were no fey creatures, and the "Wrath of the Fey" name wasn't appended to any of them.
Sorry I was seeing into the future. Wait a while it will happen. :)

Must be a big rusty switch they are trying to move.

And have fun! :danceb:

1652462462838.png

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So it's only in fel on the most populated shard for the weekend I'm sure the customer base is pleased

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes but haven't you noticed it's off on the tram side on Atlantic right now
Move to is the key phrase

That's why I said most other shards would not like that. So as I said they are happy.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They asked for it in Fel, they got it. :devil:

Always be specific when you ask for things from Kyronix. He is evil.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So it's only in fel on the most populated shard for the weekend I'm sure the customer base is pleased
I mean it does make sense. Maybe they're testing it out on Atlantic? Origin probably didn't have the stress test they were looking for to do it there. At least they are listening.

Erskin

Visitor
They asked for it in Fel, they got it. :devil:

Always be specific when you ask for things from Kyronix. He is evil.
From what I can see right now you're bang on with this!

The back of level 1 is all para dragons and Riktor running around. Everywhere else is wall to wall dragons. Only people I see are the PvPers who spam general every day.

It's absolutely hilarious! :lol:

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ok let's say there was 100 people in destard on Atlantic now let's say 40 of them were scripting bot the best solution we could find was screw over the 60 real players for the weekend because we can't id bots??

And to further compound the problem 35 of those bots are ej accounts and banning them does nothing

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ok let's say there was 100 people in destard on Atlantic now let's say 40 of them were scripting bot the best solution we could find was screw over the 60 real players for the weekend because we can't id bots??
How have the real players been screwed over? I just did the spawn 3 times in a row, got loads of drops, some SOTs and a 120 wrestling and a guild mate got an LT sash.
???
Didn’t even die a single time.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
How have the real players been screwed over? I just did the spawn 3 times in a row, got loads of drops, some SOTs and a 120 wrestling and a guild mate got an LT sash.
???
Didn’t even die a single time.
What percentage of the population refuses to go to fel ? The large number that got tram created yeah them realistically probably 75% of the players base anymore

gwen

Slightly Crazed
After they turned off spawn in tram there were dozens of toons staying in Destard tram. This is definitely sign of unattended gameplay. Any GM came to put them in jail? No.
They were staying 5-10 per pack, with niceg gear, killing occasional drake or snake.

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
What percentage of the population refuses to go to fel ? The large number that got tram created yeah them realistically probably 75% of the players base anymore
You’re describing people screwing themselves over. Item insurance works the same in fel as tram.
you die less in fel as when a paragon g drag attacks you, you can actually run away and not lag. The rewards way outweigh any risk.
The PvPers don’t even like to come to the spawn as it ruins their jewellery when monsters attack them, they are mostly fighting each other outside.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You’re describing people screwing themselves over. Item insurance works the same in fel as tram.
you die less in fel as when a paragon g drag attacks you, you can actually run away and not lag. The rewards way outweigh any risk.
The PvPers don’t even like to come to the spawn as it ruins their jewellery when monsters attack them, they are mostly fighting each other outside.
Your excitement over having the event in fel clouds your vision of the ridiculousness of such a decision and while we all know it's a very small percentage of players that post on the official forum or here I'm sure mesanne will have a full mailbox

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I'm sure mesanne will have a full mailbox
I'm not sure how she reads those mails but looks like one per day is being read and implemented , no matter what sender is asking for. Other declared loosing this lottery and going to trash at once.

Last edited: