• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Forgotten Treasures coming to Origin, Izumo, and Baja

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
That's something which I am much worried about....

And if that happened, quite a few players might remain royally upset for not having turned in their Maritime Trade Cargo into Doubloons OR used their already earned Doubloons to claim Rewards....

That would be a NET loss of all their time invested in gameplay and only because there was no ample forewarning about such shut down of the Black Market ?

May I ask what good would it do to Ultima Online to upset players that much ?
Maybe I'm confused, but I think you might be going down a rabbit hole for no reason. Other have confirmed that the pirate is working as expected on Origin.

What exactly are you referring to?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's something which I am much worried about....

And if that happened, quite a few players might remain royally upset for not having turned in their Maritime Trade Cargo into Doubloons OR used their already earned Doubloons to claim Rewards....

That would be a NET loss of all their time invested in gameplay and only because there was no ample forewarning about such shut down of the Black Market ?

May I ask what good would it do to Ultima Online to upset players that much ?
Really, the FACT that the Black market is open on the Shards that have the new game version is not enough for you to continue speculating?

Have you been to Origin or Baja? Make a new toon, walk to a crystal portal and say Bucs Mint. Or do you just want to make up unfounded speculation.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pawain, you might find it interesting that the Fellowship Hall in east Britain doesn't show up on the map. So my guess is that all the stuff about The Fellowship is going to be "temporary" content. (Something I had kind of figured when we first started reading about it. Seems to be a group that might be hiding a nefarious purpose....)
fellowship hall is not on the map.jpg

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Whining ?

Just trying to UNDERSTAND....
Yes, you are whining - both here and the UO forums. Over and over you repeat the same long-winded explanations as to why you are right plus throw in @ questions to the devs demanding an answer. You already have your answer. You do this on almost every single topic you post on.

Game patches for almost every game NEVER have an exact release date. The Developers have told you REPEATEDLY that the rewards vendor will be available until the next patch which is currently scheduled for August. However, this answer isn't good enough for you and you keep hounding and hound with post after post of "examples" as to why you deserve an exact date.

You're not going to get it man. They give out an exact date and for some reason, it slips, suddenly puppies are dying and the community gets out the torch and pickforks. The best answer you will ever get is X patch which is currently planned for the following general release schedule.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Why the hell are you all donating stuff to the Fellowship?
They work for the Guardian and are the bad guys.
Do you have a triton (or any other black market reward)? If so, then you are also supporting the bad guys!! :D

Doesn't it feel good to be bad?? :p

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What makes you think Garg wing armor will have properties?

That slot is the Cloak/Quiver slot on others. That would be a big thing if wing armor had new properties all of a sudden.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What makes you think Garg wing armor will have properties?

That slot is the Cloak/Quiver slot on others. That would be a big thing if wing armor had new properties all of a sudden.
I posted this on the official forum in the section for Test Center feedback on April 25th:

gargish wing armor april 25 on tc.jpg

A day later, Kyronix replied to several posts, including the one above:
gargoyle wing armor reply from kyronix april 26.jpg

How do you interpret Kyronix saying that the lack of properties on the wing armor is a bug? To me that means they should have properties. He hasn't said anything more about it, but I've mentioned the wing armor a few times on the official forum and no one official has popped up to say I should stop mentioning wing armor with properties as a possibility.

I haven't figured out a good way to link to specific posts on the official forum, so the best link I can give you to read the original posts is to go to the top of this thread ( Pub 105 - Treasure Map Update Phase I *Bugs, Loot, and Guardian Mob Distribution Only* ) and then page/scroll down until you get to the posts from April 25-26.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We also found out that Kyronix thought players were using arty weapons. He prob does not know how much of an imbalance it would be if garg wing armor had MR3 and 6 other things. But it would make up for the lousy garg earrings that drop.

If those wing armors that had new properties could be converted to a human cloak. Sweet!

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you have a triton (or any other black market reward)? If so, then you are also supporting the bad guys!! :D

Doesn't it feel good to be bad?? :p
In fact
in Ultima VII, Hook and Rankin (the bad guys from the Rising Tide fiction) were also Fellowship members. The obvious guess is that Batlin in UO is posing as an opponent of Hook while in secret they are working for the same purpose

And anyway in this Britannia nobody knows yet that
the Fellowship is evil or that the Guardian even exists...

As for the purpose of the Mysterious Fragments:

In Ultima IX, the Guardian corrupted the Runes of Virtue into evil glyphs, similar to what Hook and Rankin were trying to do in the Rising Tide fiction. The corrupted runes were eventually purified by the Avatar and used to spread Virtue back to Britannia. The guess is that we'll have to reassemble the fragments into Runes to fight back the Guardian in UO at some point

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
In fact
in Ultima VII, Hook and Rankin (the bad guys from the Rising Tide fiction) were also Fellowship members. The obvious guess is that Batlin in UO is posing as an opponent of Hook while in secret they are working for the same purpose

And anyway in this Britannia nobody knows yet that
the Fellowship is evil or that the Guardian even exists...

As for the purpose of the Mysterious Fragments:

In Ultima IX, the Guardian corrupted the Runes of Virtue into evil glyphs, similar to what Hook and Rankin were trying to do in the Rising Tide fiction. The corrupted runes were eventually purified by the Avatar and used to spread Virtue back to Britannia. The guess is that we'll have to reassemble the fragments into Runes to fight back the Guardian in UO at some point
Thanks for the bit of fiction! It certainly seems like it could be something very cool in the works. I wonder how closely the DEVs will follow the fiction though because it seems like at times they follow it very closely but other times it seems like put their own spin on it. Guess we will find out soon enough!

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Re garg wing armor, it would be okay if they had the same properties as a quiver, right? Except maybe for holding arrows. Just apply the whatever bonus to a throwing instead of a shooting, hey?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Re garg wing armor, it would be okay if they had the same properties as a quiver, right? Except maybe for holding arrows. Just apply the whatever bonus to a throwing instead of a shooting, hey?
I'm fine with as many properties as they want. But I am sure some PvPers would not like a bunch of properties on them.

Despicable quivers have a few properties. Jumus has properties and Gargs can get those now.

I use this wing Armor. So Unless the properties are real tiny they will make a big difference. Which is fine with me.
upload_2019-6-14_17-7-8.png

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When you get the new carto glasses or items in the chests, they do come in a bag correct?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you get the new carto glasses or items in the chests, they do come in a bag correct?
No. The only things that come in their own bags are: gold and gems; reagents; and old minor artifacts (most, but probably not all, of the things on this page: Artifacts – Minor – Ultima Online ). The gold and gem bag and the bag for reagents have new graphics. The bag for the minor artifacts is the same old pale green backpack. The other stuff you might find, like the legendary mapmaker's glasses, the new skull longsword or staff, octopus necklace, mana phasing orbs, surge shields, the deco stuff, etc., are just loose in the chest and mixed in with everything else.