• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Enchantment of the Royal Sea Part 1

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Finally got through it on Origin...except for killing the end boss :)

Probably would take a long time on a mage...what does ringing the bell do? :p

The Real John

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a heads up the Crabs are broken they will attack you and guild members at random.

Never thought I would see the day when killer crabs would attack....Felt so dirty trying to explain in vent your crabs are attacking me.

Last edited:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just a heads up the Crabs are broken they will attack you and guild members at random.

Never thought I would see the day when killer crabs would attack....
I've experienced the same issue... the crabs seems to randomly attack guild members & the tamer controlling them, not sure what's triggering it, maybe cross healing...

Also, how long is Nosfentor's reset timer suppose to be?

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Never thought I would see the day when killer crabs would attack....Felt so dirty trying to explain in vent your crabs are attacking me.
This is has been fixed.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've experienced the same issue... the crabs seems to randomly attack guild members & the tamer controlling them, not sure what's triggering it, maybe cross healing...

Also, how long is Nosfentor's reset timer suppose to be?
All the shadowlords will persist until killed or server maintenance. After killing the shadowlords there a 30 minute reset before the process can be repeated.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This quest is a lot of fun. Just killed the Obsidian Wyvern (and I'm glad I brought my Greater along, I got greeted by an Ancient Wyrm and a pair of Wyverns upon entering level 3), after getting rid of the Orc Engineer first - that is a RIDICULOUS number of Orcs. Going to go to Vesper next. Really wish the OW was tameable though...

The Sorcerer's Dungeon part was, well, insane. I fought multiple Blood Elemental Paragons on my way down, died, initially forgot I had enough Sacrifice for a low health self-res, had to evade a Lich Lord Paragon, and for a few minutes, I couldn't figure out how to pick up the regs.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Those of you who have completed the quest, make sure you KEEP your end-quest rewards... You need them to be-able to enter the sunken ship, and you cannot redo the quest.

Is there a way to get these items back if you somehow lose one?
Someone dropped their "Robe" and seemed to have logged off... on Lake Superior.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those of you who have completed the quest, make sure you KEEP your end-quest rewards... You need them to be-able to enter the sunken ship, and you cannot redo the quest.

Another character or a friend can redo the quest to get items you loose and give it to the character who already done the quest. :)

I got 3 sets so far :) 1 gargoyle and 2 human versions.

Last edited:

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Yes, dbl click the sign behind Hepler.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
guess ur good at these or your not.. seems im not.. iam stuck at the sorcers dungeon in ilshnear?? were the hell is that??

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Valor moongate, head west toward the river, over the bridge, follow the river south

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can always read Exploring the Deep if you are stuck. Thats why i spent hours and hours to write it.
I was using it and it didn't help me find the Sorcerer's Dungeon at first (probably because I'm a guy, and when it comes to directions, we're dyslexic/incredibly stupid), and I was going FAR to the Northwest of it. I had been there several times in the past for the level 1/level 2 Blood Elemental spawn, so you'd think I'd remember that it was there...

If this was what the first part of this story arc was like, I can't wait for the rest. It took me out of the "jaded/apathetic veteran player" comfort zone I've been accustomed to for years and turned me into a bit of a newbie again - I had to explore, run from things I couldn't handle/didn't want to deal with (Curse you, Paragon Lich Lords!), died a lot, and I had to analyze what I was fighting and actually THINK about how to kill them instead of going on autopilot, and I used spells I wouldn't normally think of using in a PvM situation.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a screenshot with the entrance and the map. You see the sorceress dungeon in the middle of it and the moongate on top left .
I wrote " The shrine of Valor would be a good place to start my travels. It would only a short walk to the southwest from here." Not sure how much clearer i can write it! :(

Last edited:

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a screenshot with the entrance and the map. You see the sorceress dungeon in the middle of it and the moongate on top left .
I wrote " The shrine of Valor would be a good place to start my travels. It would only a short walk to the southwest from here." Not sure how much clearer i can write it! :(
I'm a guy. It's directions on a map. I can't understand such complicated language.;):dunce:

Well, whatever. It certainly won't happen again, I can say that much. There are things I want to try the next time I do the quest as well. Don't know how well they'll work, but that's half the fun, isn't it?

btw, where exactly do I get the blackrock? I just sped through the quest before, not really bothering to farm any of the new creatures.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You get lots and lots when mining.

Might want to check the floor in Covetous dungeon. Many miners drop them on the ground when mining in the Dungeon. :)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just a quicky..my mage as got to the under sea wreckage.. the 4 rooms with the boxes.....how do i break the boxes..tried axe etc and spells ..nothing?? like i sais your either good at these puzzles or your not

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just a quicky..my mage as got to the under sea wreckage.. the 4 rooms with the boxes.....how do i break the boxes..tried axe etc and spells ..nothing?? like i sais your either good at these puzzles or your not
Direct damage spells (harm, flamestrike, fireball) or summons that can be commanded (Two Earth Eles can "kill" one in a few seconds), and watch out for the Liches. They're extremely annoying.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I use fireballs, But i have seen players shooting at it with a bow. I pretty sure normal fighting works on it as long you go in combat. :)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ahhh i see was just tryng to chop them with axe...lol...oh well...back in the underwater room

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One more Spoiler for our tamer friends ;)

There is no point in adding more creatures to tame unless they unleash the Kraken and give us more stable slots. I need 128 slots...and yes I would like to tame a kraken even if I could only move it on my boat or onto the sea for boat to boat pirate battles.

-Lorax

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well the arc looked good so I thought I would try it. Quest was actually good and not to short. I then attempted with some friends to do the Shadowlord................. Griefers paradise.......... Will not be trying this again until arc 2 so hopefully they have some instanced boss so every griefer can't join in

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is no point in adding more creatures to tame unless they unleash the Kraken and give us more stable slots. I need 128 slots...and yes I would like to tame a kraken even if I could only move it on my boat or onto the sea for boat to boat pirate battles.

-Lorax

If you'd read through the thread, you'd likely realize that these can't be taken out of the shipwreck area, therefore no stable space required. :)