• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Dev Meet and Greet Schedule

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*smiles* That was a different time...

I do appreciate the effort that the Broadsword team is putting forth. I am telling you know I am planning days off and a good nap around the Siege visit. I promise not to bother any other shards meeting.

Armand de Romanus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Because you have to get everyone together and online to sit in IRC for X hours at Y time, generally in the evening, when they probably have other things they'd rather do when not working?
lol aint that the same as sitting in a room in game not being able to do anything else but watch the screen for one hour? correct me if im wrong. -adam

Armand de Romanus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
What is IRC? Some type chat program or room?

I mean that is why we have Youtube and Skype now days.

There are all kinds of Gaming Conventions held around the world and in the states. It's just up to Broadsword an EA to make the decision to go to them and promote a 17 yr old game :)
Naw, but I do miss the live chats, you know?
I guess IRC is a bit...old school now lol.
its easily moderated without costing a lot of money. skype/youtube/twitch/google/etc. they cost a pretty hefty price to host something w/ more than ~10 concurrent connections. i know bcuz at work we pay thru the nose when we wanna meet w/ teams in other states all together for those types of programs. -adam

Demios

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
its easily moderated without costing a lot of money. skype/youtube/twitch/google/etc. they cost a pretty hefty price to host something w/ more than ~10 concurrent connections. i know bcuz at work we pay thru the nose when we wanna meet w/ teams in other states all together for those types of programs. -adam
Indeed.
I know you can integrate a flash chat with Xenforo, but it might be a bit heavy on server resources, but that might be an idea to try. (But, it's also Flash based...which not everyone can run, or would like to run)

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IRC, bestRC. And Stratics already has a network always up and running.