• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Castle Design Contest Important Dates

Groo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Worked a bit on a township/castle setup. Really like the looks of it, but it's would be an absolute pain to decorate :lol:
I tried to emuate a real structure, build over several decades. With different style additions where there was space to build. Still thinking of a name for it, and may change it up a little more if I think of something cool. Mainly the tower/gate on the North-East side - not completely happy with that.

In both the small rooms on the side of the main gate (South-gate), there are teleporters to the top of roofs, and the small rooms in the north-east corner, 5 teleporters total (1 to top of castle, 1 top of guard tower, 1 to each level in the North-east tower.

Anybody want to check it out it can be found in Malas, east of Luna. Location: 100o 12'N, 4o 34W.

View attachment 124930
View attachment 124931
View attachment 124932
View attachment 124933
I love it

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
My entry. Blue Mountains Chalet. The arrows are pointing to hidden doors OR in the case of the teleporter, it goes to a hidden storage area under the roof. You can store about six chests there. You have to use "leave house" to exit but it's a good spot for chests you don't use all the time.
1642275321479.png
1642275341167.png 1642275348724.png 1642275356835.png

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thank ya I don't have enhanced client so it's hard to screen shot the whole thing. If you would like to see it tho or even screenshot it you can give me a q 105811531 and I will gate you to it so u can have a look around.
Okay - I definitely WOULD vote on this one! I eyeballed spaces with a mind to what I do/need for crafting, etc. and it works very nicely. <gets on knees with pleading look> Please do this and enter it! I know you'd get 1 vote <points to self>

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
do not the stone doors become stone walls i remember a issue from the very 1st contest

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Okay - I definitely WOULD vote on this one! I eyeballed spaces with a mind to what I do/need for crafting, etc. and it works very nicely. <gets on knees with pleading look> Please do this and enter it! I know you'd get 1 vote <points to self>
Thank you I did enter it Dixie-Land is the name of it.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh wow Brutus! Designs that are so different! I love your creativity.

ChelseyEvilElf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Worked a bit on a township/castle setup. Really like the looks of it, but it's would be an absolute pain to decorate :lol:
I tried to emuate a real structure, build over several decades. With different style additions where there was space to build. Still thinking of a name for it, and may change it up a little more if I think of something cool. Mainly the tower/gate on the North-East side - not completely happy with that.

In both the small rooms on the side of the main gate (South-gate), there are teleporters to the top of roofs, and the small rooms in the north-east corner, 5 teleporters total (1 to top of castle, 1 top of guard tower, 1 to each level in the North-east tower.

Anybody want to check it out it can be found in Malas, east of Luna. Location: 100o 12'N, 4o 34W.

View attachment 124930
View attachment 124931
View attachment 124932
View attachment 124933
Very Nice Design! Well thought out!

ChelseyEvilElf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did 2 castles, and if neither one gets picked at least you have some new custom ideas. Both have teleports and stairs. Both located south & east just outside Umbra.

View attachment 124983 View attachment 124984 View attachment 124985 View attachment 124986 View attachment 124987 View attachment 124988 View attachment 124989 View attachment 124990 View attachment 124984
Hers is my current castle for more ideas.
View attachment 124991 View attachment 124993 View attachment 124994 View attachment 124995
OMG! These take my breath away! I absolutely am in awe of your little tricks like the medusa eyes!!! You definitely have a vote from me!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Now yell see why I like big flat roofs.

Lots of space to get creative.

Elrohir

Visitor
Here’s my castle, #130 - Summerfell by Aliri. Located on east side of Felucca ice isle, just south of the mines.

I tried to keep a healthy balance of indoor/outdoor space with the design. First and second floors are fairly open ended to be made into general living spaces, kitchen, dining room. craft rooms, etc. 3rd floor makes most sense as some form of living quarters/bedrooms. Obviously though, an owner can use the space however they see fit :)

There are also two teleporters are on each floor, hidden behind a SE wall - one teleport tile to each other floor.

Attachments

Last edited:

Archangel0

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi again!
So here's my design, trying to not look too much like a borg cube, while maximizing space. Some secret corridors for more hanging wall-space, a decent front patio for Seasonal deco, side garden for sheep or vendors. It kind of maintains the caslte layour we are used to, but walls are longer & more usefull by moving the entrances. East walls use half-height walls as windows to maximize deco visibility. All floors can be reached by stairs but it's got useful teleporters and a couple of fun-RPG-oriented ones. Also comes with not too many doors, but ppl can add them if they need. I think the floor combinations work, but you can always add pavers or carpets to personalize it. And I didn't put any more deco cuz I got no clue how to get it in TC.
From the outside it looks nice imho.

I'd very much appreciate if you share any last minute comments or sugestions, I'd like to read them! Thanks, and hope you like it! :)
:)

1stFloorFs.jpg 2ndFloor.jpg 3rdFloor.jpg Rooftop.jpg

RooftopDss.jpg 3rdFloorDss.jpg 2ndFloorEss.jpg 1stFloorEtss.jpg

Last edited:

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I did 2 castles, and if neither one gets picked at least you have some new custom ideas. Both have teleports and stairs. Both located south & east just outside Umbra.

View attachment 124983 View attachment 124984 View attachment 124985 View attachment 124986 View attachment 124987 View attachment 124988 View attachment 124989 View attachment 124990 View attachment 124984
Hers is my current castle for more ideas.
View attachment 124991 View attachment 124993 View attachment 124994 View attachment 124995
I hate houses... I don't even like that I had to have one. That being said... These are dope.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hate houses... I don't even like that I had to have one. That being said... These are dope.
You never had to have one alot of players went with out houseing for years. most got there 1st homes when malas came out. 1000s of people lived from boats and bank boxs back then.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Many entries are not on ths stone. They were all submitted. All got the your entry has been updated and submitted. Why?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Many entries are not on ths stone. They were all submitted. All got the your entry has been updated and submitted. Why?
I'd like to know as well because neither of mine got on the stone though both were submitted... pretty pissed about that.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
go to Brit commons
if yours didn't make it on the stone
DEVs are there

I know of 2 people who are at work & did submit to the contest
and they didn't show up
(one shared a screenshot where there's was submitted)

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If anyone is able to look while i am at work, is "look ma, no rails" on the stone?

Prawn

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
meh - so many people didnt get theres listed and nothing being done... devs just disappeared with no answers

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The Retreat - builder Ynise Amandil

View attachment 124970

tele-tiles to all floors in southeast corner of bottom floor - in the barn use the ladder or the tele-tile in corner of that building

(some of this may change by tomorrow ;) )
You made it to the pillar - #27. Lots of folks there looking for ones that didn't make it. Total of 108 designs.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Won’t be home for hours, any sign of Town Square by Gargio Armani on the stone?

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is on stone the town square is. I think stone will reset to add others, so Idk what number u will be then. Or just add them.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
What is the fastest way to look at homes and return to the stone to view more homes?

I don't do copy character thing so my voters on tc are all walking newbies

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
What is the fastest way to look at homes and return to the stone to view more homes?

Hell, so's mine. Look for I'm Broke as the name. He's there only to look at stuff. Set my battle skills plus Magery so I could recall. That's all it took.

Prawn

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
" but we need to make sure that you make sure to enable your house is contest enabled "

taken from the post on the 14th, sounds like it was written by someone who was "unsure" on how to use google translate

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
TC is going down at the moment. Hopefully those who were lucky enough to be on this morning when Bleak, Mesanna and Misk were on will have their designs added.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards

all chars get a runebook at creation (even char copy)
that has a rune to britain. just click it to recall to britian.
it has almost 10k recalls in it

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Can't help but laugh on all of the houses that were not entered into the contest. Not laughing at the misfortune of those players (I hope they get added) but the fact that this is the Xth castle contest and they still can't get it right. I can already hear conspiracies starting about the DEVs only allowing "certain people" into the contest.

The only thing more hilarious than all of this is that Misk was actually on TC... I thought he stayed way clear of TC given how many bugs get through in every Pub lmao

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was positive as i could be all day over this. Helped people, didnt trash talk the devs. Be darned if I finally get on the stone and one door has blown off hinges into the yard another is totally missing. :( #124 Any ideas? I so sad now.