• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Castle Design Contest Important Dates

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok one door rose up to the second floor and became two, ugh, one is stuck backwards. Ok what if I go into custom and fix? Will I still be on the stone?

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I realize most people will vote for their own design if they entered the contest I voted for NecroMansion @Brutus22

but while I was on TC it went down and they added a few more pages of castles
I had already voted, what if I like something else better now?
we cant recast are votes ? the stone didn't reset after adding new designs ?

really seems unfair to those late added homes people built nobody's going to get to vote for them if they already voted before seeing them

ps vote for number #129

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok one door rose up to the second floor and became two, ugh, one is stuck backwards. Ok what if I go into custom and fix? Will I still be on the stone?
i believe if you enter customizing it removes you from contest contact the devs

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Castles not on the stone when I checked earlier today even after complying with re-entering submissions yesterday after her update. Just checked again after TC1 came back up, and despite home signs giving the option to exit the design contest, they still are not showing on the stone. :(

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Castles not on the stone when I checked earlier today even after complying with re-entering submissions yesterday after her update. Just checked again after TC1 came back up, and despite home signs giving the option to exit the design contest, they still are not showing on the stone. :(

Bleak was on test manual adding
He said he’d see us tomorrow so I’m assuming he’ll be on tomorrow to add the rest if your there and gate him to your castle that’s missing from the stone

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Very popular contest this round. Good Luck all.

:cheerleader:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If anyone liked my castle on here it's #134 I would appreciate any votes you can give.

Thank you.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You made it to the pillar - #27. Lots of folks there looking for ones that didn't make it. Total of 108 designs.
thank you for noticing, @Spartan :) guildies notified us about problem with stone, so I checked right away, both of the houses I submitted were listed

The Retreat has had quite a few visitors - the other entry is the second house east of that one, Courtyard built by Serenity, number 60 on the stone

Archangel0

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was positive as i could be all day over this. Helped people, didnt trash talk the devs. Be darned if I finally get on the stone and one door has blown off hinges into the yard another is totally missing. :( #124 Any ideas? I so sad now.
I don't see any doors missing in #124, it's quite a nice design! congrats.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The conspiracies haven't quite hit the proper level yet... let me help out. I hear #15 / 28 / 40 / 69 / 99 / 125 / 126 are all Mesanna and there are 10 more that are some Gold Seller's! :devil:

but while I was on TC it went down and they added a few more pages of castles
I had already voted, what if I like something else better now?
we cant recast are votes ? the stone didn't reset after adding new designs ?

really seems unfair to those late added homes people built nobody's going to get to vote for them if they already voted before seeing them
In all seriousness though they really botched this contest if they don't rectify things by coming out with an announcement that they are resetting all votes and adding whatever needs to be added and essentially restarting the voting process.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
In all seriousness though they really botched this contest if they don't rectify things by coming out with an announcement that they are resetting all votes and adding whatever needs to be added and essentially restarting the voting process. [/QUOTE said:
You know they will add some,not all, and not reset the votes. So peopke that already voted wont know about some houses

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
@Archangel0 Tyvm for liking 124!! It was really fun to build. The doors got fixed! whew...
After going through all the castles twice, Wolf Mountain is my absolute favorite. There are a LOT of designs that utilized that village look with lots of small houses on the plot...but they were all separate, small tiny rooms that are hard to use and deco. Wolf Mountain has the appearance of smaller houses but inside it's a big usable space. It's very well designed, easy to get around and figure out HOW to get around and very pleasing to the eye. That's the one that gets my vote, thank you for building it!

Tori855

Visitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Me too...

I've asked that they give us access to those and some other walls which are in-game in the past... but got no response... I'd like to have the secret doors which match the blue castle walls... And FYI those walls you are asking about are the dungeon wall set...

I'd also like to use some of the Asian-style walls that are in the game but not in the menu as well as there were some really neat walls added with ML which are not in the house menu either... though they are missing some parts they are super neat and I would really like to use them.

I'd also like it if they "finished" some of the roof sets so they can be used in more than just a hip roof... Sadly many roof tilesets are not complete.

I'd like it if they finally "finished" the Gothic tileset and added a matching floor tileset with a roof and door to really do it justice... but that's a dream. As for the Rustic set, it is meh... looks "plastic" rather like the doors they added with those interesting sets added with ToL... which are also missing some parts I wish they would finish. Like a roof tile... and I wish they would fix that plastic door they put in so it doesn't look so... fake... and add some shading to the gray wall tiles so it doesn't just look like white lines on a plain gray background... so it looks like bricks... not fake.

Oh, and there are some nice wall parts in the palace that have neat medallions that I'd like to have from the Ter Mur expansion which I"d like added to the house menu...
While we are setting up a wish list for deco: I too wish they would finish the roof sets since so many times I am limited by what a roof set can do instead of going with the design I have envisioned. I agree with the grey floor tiles. I have passed those by a number of times because they look just as you have described them. I would love to have large windows (similar to the large windows in the Tudor style wall set) as an option with other wall sets. I wish they would give us color options on the wood fencing - for instance, white would be nice. (Yes, I did envision a small house with a white picket fence. lol)

Tori855

Visitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought voting wasn't over until 1/25/22? I still have about 5 pages of castles to run through.
First round ends and second round starts on the 25th. Out of all the entries, the top 20 will be listed and people can choose from those with the top 3 winning. The Devs will also pick their top 3 which will not necessarily be from the top 20.

Traleah

Visitor
Azu, thank you for posting that video. It helped me realize I need to take a second look at a few houses before making my decision.

Reactions: azu