• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Account Center Maintenance

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good morning everyone, We need to do a 30 minute maintenance on the account center which means you will not be able to log in from 11 am to approx 12pm today 9/12/17. If you are already in the game you will not be effected by this maintenance. Thank you for your understanding. UO Team

Continue reading...

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good morning everyone, We need to do a 30 minute maintenance on the account center which means you will not be able to log in from 11 am to approx 12pm today 9/12/17. If you are already in the game you will not be effected by this maintenance. Thank you for your understanding. UO Team

Continue reading...
Wait.....

Does this mean Broadsword now has control of the account center?

Is this prep for Endless Journey?

Is this prep for Official Forums?

Curiouser and Curiouser

Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Wait.....

Is this prep for Eternal Journey?

Curiouser and Curiouser
I just hope it is not prep for that ftp crap. If those 'rumors' are true that would suck. You just think griefers and multi-boxers are a problem now... that junk would make it ten times as bad.

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I would guess they made more off the in-game store than they have on account subs last Quarter. Going f2p looks really appealing to executive types, and seems like a no brainer on paper if that is the case.

What f2p would do to the game in the long run is just guesswork, but honestly, can general chat GET any worse? I'm not seeing the downside...

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would guess they made more off the in-game store than they have on account subs last Quarter. Going f2p looks really appealing to executive types, and seems like a no brainer on paper if that is the case.

What f2p would do to the game in the long run is just guesswork, but honestly, can general chat GET any worse? I'm not seeing the downside...

I don't think it is gonna happen. seriously. I mean, if it was, and it was the last gasp to breath fresh air into the game and get it populated again and prosperous (from store sales), don't you think they would have been shouting it from the rooftops by now?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wait.....

Is this prep for Endless Journey?

Curiouser and Curiouser
Eh...maybe? Don't real anything "good" into it though. BS hasn't exactly shown competence during its tenure.

I just hope it is not prep for that ftp crap. If those 'rumors' are true that would suck. You just think griefers and multi-boxers are a problem now... that junk would make it ten times as bad.
It's happening. You're right that it will be a fail though, especially if you think the 14-day accounts weren't restricted enough. EJ accounts will fillet the economy.

I don't think it is gonna happen. seriously. I mean, if it was, and it was the last gasp to breath fresh air into the game and get it populated again and prosperous (from store sales), don't you think they would have been shouting it from the rooftops by now?
They have, in the self-defeating way Mesanna announces everything.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They have, in the self-defeating way Mesanna announces everything.[/QUOTE]

This is true when Mesanna was setting the castle email stone at clops castle she said we were getting 5 new robes and 2 are femal only. Not sure if they in game items or store items, I didn't ask.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is true when Mesanna was setting the castle email stone at clops castle she said we were getting 5 new robes and 2 are femal only. Not sure if they in game items or store items, I didn't ask.
They haven't announced ANY of the new store items since Windrunner.

If they want to make money, they need to know when to post something. Just letting players stumble onto them is ultimately self defeating.

Oh, WTF is last month's newsletter? Dropping the ball right before the mysteriously secretive 20th Party (its not on uo.com's front page anymore!!) is seriously :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Nor does the pop up everyone clicks off before even noticing... That is not advertising it's annoying.
I've always thought making veteran rewards a pop-up box was a horrible decision. When most people have at least 1 veteran reward pick on hand all the time just in case they need something one day, having to close that box every single log in is a bit ridiculous. Some people like me have been closing it daily for 15+ years now....

It would have a made a lot more sense to have the veteran reward button on the paperdoll somewhere, maybe under the help section where the store currently is... instead of having to close it every log in.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've always thought making veteran rewards a pop-up box was a horrible decision. When most people have at least 1 veteran reward pick on hand all the time just in case they need something one day, having to close that box every single log in is a bit ridiculous. Some people like me have been closing it daily for 15+ years now....

It would have a made a lot more sense to have the veteran reward button on the paperdoll somewhere, maybe under the help section where the store currently is... instead of having to close it every log in.
That's why I let UOAssist close it for me

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

By this time having done this for 17+ years closing pop-ups on the screen is second nature... I seriously do it without even reading or noticing the thing... It could say hey we are closing down tomorrow and you need to click OK to keep your account after that... and I'd X out of it... just out of habit.

Infact Pinco's thing puts a pop up for Party Invites on your screen and I don't know how many times I've auto closed that and then asked "Hey did you party me?"... you can ask Dot...

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know whether to bump this thread: BUGGED: Mythic Master Account Password Reset?

but, I just wanted to say, I forgot my PW and so for anyone who is having trouble with UO's account management, consider this...

1) Navigate here Customer Service FAQ – Ultima Online
2) Navigate here https://signin.ea.com/p/web/resetPassword
3) Enter your Mythic account information (unless you have it tied to your EA)
4) Reset that password
5) I deleted my cookies and other temp files for all UO websites
6) I tried to log back in through the Mythic portal and then it worked out again

I am still noticing, however, that you cannot change credit cards, so it seems, unless you again run things through the ea.com signin...

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't worry, there's a new account management system on the way any year now!!!!