• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO.Com] 【重要】日本国内販売ウルティマ オンライン関連コードのサポート終了のお知らせ

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Game
May 26, 2015 - 1:38pm

【重要】日本国内販売ウルティマ オンライン関連コードのサポート終了のお知らせ​

お客様各位​

平素は「ウルティマ オンライン」をご愛顧いただき、誠にありがとうございます。

この度、「ウルティマ オンライン」をご利用のお客様向けに日本国内で販売された関連コードにつきまして、平成27年7月31日23時59分をもちましてサポートを終了させていただくこととなりました。

これに伴い、日本国内で販売されたウルティマ オンライン関連コードは上記日時以降、全て無効化されご使用が不可となります。つきましては、対象となる未使用コードをお持ちの場合はサポート終了日時までにコードの適用をすべて完了していただきますようお願いいたします。

<FAQ>

1. 何故コードのサポートを終了するのですか?

2014年3月を持ちましてウルティマ オンラインの運営はすべて米国Broadsword Online Games Inc.に移管されております。日本で販売されたウルティマ オンラインのコード(一部対象外あり、詳細は後述のFAQをご参照ください)は資金決済法の対象となっております。しかしながら、米国側では資金決済法に準拠した対応を行うことが難しく、この度当該コードにつきましてはサポートを終了、無効化する必要が出てまいりました。お客様へは大変ご迷惑をおかけいたしますがご理解賜りますようお願い申し上げます。

1. ウルティマ オンラインは終了してしまうのですか?

いいえ、終了しません。引き続きゲーム自体、お楽しみいただけます。

1. サポート終了までにコードを適用しなかった場合どうなりますか? 

サポート終了までにサポート終了に該当するコードを適用しなかった場合、そのコードは無効となりお使いいただけなくなります。終了時点までにお使いになれなかったコードは払戻しをいたします。

1. 一部だけ使用しているコードはどうなりますか?

適用していない分があっても期限内に適用のなかった場合は無効化となります。例えば、テーマパックのコードをアカウント管理サイトでは適用済みで、ゲーム内では未適用だった場合、期限後にゲーム内で使用することはできません。

1. 購入したコードをなくしてしまいました。教えてもらえますか?

申し訳ございません。紛失されたコードにつきましてはこちらからお知らせできません。

1. 所持しているコードが未使用かどうか判りません。どうすれば判りますか?

申し訳ございませんが、コード使用状況について個別のご回答はいたしかねます。未使用のコードであれば適切な個所(アカウント管理サイト/ゲーム内)で入力いただくことでコードをご利用いただけます。

Continue reading...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It says they're ending support for old codes purchased from the Asian UO site 7/31/15. I think it also says the old codes will no longer be redeemable after that date.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
You're about right Dot.

Apparently the UO-Japan system differs from what Broadsword is using, thus the old codes purchased will no longer be supported after the end of July.
The message goes on to answer questions about support and such. This is meant for the Japanese/Asian market.

There is no "free 60 days" - please don't spread misinformation like that @It Lives , even if in jest. :(

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
could someone translate this? it used to be against stratics tos to post something in another language other than english witout a translation. is this still the case?

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Google had this to say about it.

UO NewsUO NewsRSS FeedRSS Feed
GameMay 26, 2015 - 1:38 pm
[Important] Japan domestic sales Ultima Online-related code support the end of the Notice of
Dear Customer
Dear the top patronage of the "Ultima Online", Thank you very much.
This time, it became a thing where I am With regard to related code that has been sold in Japan for customers of "Ultima Online" available, Womochimashite to end the support 59 pm July 31, 2015 23.
Along with this, Ultima Online-related code that has been sold in Japan the above date and time later, the use is all disabled becomes improper. We would therefore, like if you have an unused code for which you will have completed all the code in the application of up to support the end date and time thank you.
"><FAQ>

Why to end the support of code?

Management of Ultima Online With this in the March 2014 it has been transferred to all US Broadsword Online Games Inc.. (With outside part subject, please refer to the FAQ below for details) Ultima code online that have been sold in Japan has been the subject of fund settlement method. However, it is difficult to carry out the correspondence in compliance with the fund settlement method in the United States side, with regard to this time the code completion support, need to be invalidated we have out. It is to our customers We apologize for inconvenience but thank you look forward for your understanding.

Ultima Online or I would want to exit?

No, it does not end. Continue the game itself, you can enjoy.

What happens if you do not apply the code until the end of support?

If you did not apply the code corresponding to the end of support until the end of support, the code will no longer can use it becomes invalid. Code that was not accustomed to errand to the end point, we will refund.

What happens to the code you are using only a part?

The applied if it was not the application to the deadline even if there is a minute not it becomes disabled. For example, the code of theme packs already applied in the account management site, if it was not applied in the game, you will not be able to use in the game after the deadline.

I lost the code that you have purchased. Can you tell me?

We are sorry. We can not let us know with regard to the lost code.

Code you are in possession does not know whether unused. How can I find it?

Sorry, we can not separate your answers about the code usage. Available code by get input as long as it is unused code appropriate place (in the account management site / game).

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
does this mean broadsword is pulling support for japan? statistically japanese / asian shards are over 50 percent of playerbase now. has there been any word on the expansion? has it been scrapped and this is the begining of the end for UO?

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
No. This has to do with codes purchased via the Japanese/Asian UO store which many of us in the US do not buy from. However, I do know there are several people who live in Japan, play UO, and do not read kanji (or is that katakana? i forget). :( They've asked their Japanese friends to translate for them. My Japanese is not the best (only took 1 year in high school as it was required back then).

We are asking @Mesanna to please provide an English overview of the situation as there are many non-Japanese people who play on the shards there.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm hoping this is an indication of BS bringing UO purchases in-house via the new website (which is *cough* overdue now *cough*)

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No rumor mongering, just irritated sarcasm that I had to use Google translator to read UO news.

Sorry my bad.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No rumor mongering, just irritated sarcasm that I had to use Google translator to read UO news.

Sorry my bad.
Why would you be irritated that you cant read news that only effects Japan?

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Because it may not affect just those in Japan...

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Because it may not affect just those in Japan...
Then it would have also been posted in English?

Did people complain when UO had a separate Japan website which had different news that effected that region?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since codes could be purchased by those outside the countries EA Japan served, using a proxy site, it certainly could affect subscribers outside the intended region.

The fact that the different UO websites sold different things and had sometimes vastly different news (EA Japan tended to have more news) was a serious flaw in EA's communication.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since codes could be purchased by those outside the countries EA Japan served, using a proxy site, it certainly could affect subscribers outside the intended region.

The fact that the different UO websites sold different things and had sometimes vastly different news (EA Japan tended to have more news) was a serious flaw in EA's communication.
That's a good point.

Still, people who decided to buy stuff from those stores always ran the risk didn't they?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Still, people who decided to buy stuff from those stores always ran the risk didn't they?
No more real risk then purchasing from the old uogamecodes.com or the Origin store.

Since the Asian UO store has been offline for quite a while now, chances are good that most codes have been converted into tokens or whathaveyou already.

I hope the items specific to that store are added into whatever store UO will have in the future.