• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Uo Cartographer?

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I need a map that can see both Ten Mur and Eodon. I am forced to use UoAutomap which remains stuck in Tokuno. But the UOcartographer doesn't work for me, I see everything black. There are explanations but I still can't make it work. Can you please give me the link to a working map? I only need it to see the places, I don't need it to play with other players. I use the Classic Client. Thank you

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
62 views but no replies?? Does anyone know a decent map to see all the worlds? I can't get UoCartographer to work, can anyone help me?

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Too bad those posts date back to 2012, 12 years ago, when UOAutomap was still working. He got to see Tokuno and then stopped. UoCartoghapher, the one you normally download, doesn't work at all, it remains black even though I followed all the steps to manage the maps. Obviously I use UoAssist. Other solutions? Please, give me the link to download UoCartographer, latest version? Or another program that is good for CC? Maybe I have an old version? Thank you!!!

Lord Obsidian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
do you have to use UOA for all of them to work ?
UOAM can do without > manual calibration.
Depending on where you are, the initial calibration can be a bit wonky due to a small rounding error, but is only needed once after a client patch.
Needs manual facet changes during game play.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UOAM can do without > manual calibration.
Depending on where you are, the initial calibration can be a bit wonky due to a small rounding error, but is only needed once after a client patch.
Needs manual facet changes during game play.
Maybe we're talking about a different program. UoAM reaches all the way to Tokuno, no TerMur or Eodon. And they haven't updated it in years.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last edited:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Run the app as administrator or you will
have to find the right mul files to add into the folder it draws from.

Archangel0

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe we're talking about a different program. UoAM reaches all the way to Tokuno, no TerMur or Eodon. And they haven't updated it in years.
My UOAM reaches all facets.. you are simply missing some files.. and they are all to be found on that thread from 2012 that you seem to have dismissed, or the link that Petra just gave you

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My UOAM reaches all facets.. you are simply missing some files.. and they are all to be found on that thread from 2012 that you seem to have dismissed, or the link that Petra just gave you
Maybe then I did something wrong, because I installed the new files over the old ones. If I ignored something I didn't notice, sorry. Later I delete UOA that I put in now (and that Ten Mur is there!) and I'll try to install the new version by deleting everything and starting from scratch. I'm a bit clumsy :(

Archangel0

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe then I did something wrong, because I installed the new files over the old ones. If I ignored something I didn't notice, sorry. Later I delete UOA that I put in now (and that Ten Mur is there!) and I'll try to install the new version by deleting everything and starting from scratch. I'm a bit clumsy :(
Oh, this old game is full of quirks, trust me , it's not you, all of us struggle a bit, hehehe.

Anyway, as much as I recomend the link Petra gave you, I advise you to not delete your old UOA or UOAM old files... rename the folder they are in as oldUOAM or something, you may want some of those files later , if you have macros , on in the maper's cas, if you have entered destinations or any kind of markings you like.
Good luck! :)

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, this old game is full of quirks, trust me , it's not you, all of us struggle a bit, hehehe.

Anyway, as much as I recomend the link Petra gave you, I advise you to not delete your old UOA or UOAM old files... rename the folder they are in as oldUOAM or something, you may want some of those files later , if you have macros , on in the maper's cas, if you have entered destinations or any kind of markings you like.
Good luck! :)
Yes, I need a lot of luck :) Thanks!

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I went all in with teh EC mainly for the Map and teh UI.

The EC map is pretty well done imo but I also have been playing UO since 98 and dont need the map for much. But I expect since im just getting intersted in Treasure Huntings Ill be wanting to use it more in depth. But I say give that a try if all else fails =)

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apart from the fact that I really don't like EC's graphics. my internet line is too slow to use it. And anyway I like the classic client. EC I think it's really ugly, sorry :(

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I went all in with teh EC mainly for the Map and teh UI.

The EC map is pretty well done imo but I also have been playing UO since 98 and dont need the map for much. But I expect since im just getting intersted in Treasure Huntings Ill be wanting to use it more in depth. But I say give that a try if all else fails =)
if you are planning on doing tmaps in EC, i suggest you use Pinco's UI. He has a feature on the tmap where you can click the round circle. you can zoom in on the map and see the flowers on the ground. you can find the location very quickly.

Cat Musique

Journeyman
Too bad those posts date back to 2012, 12 years ago, when UOAutomap was still working. He got to see Tokuno and then stopped. UoCartoghapher, the one you normally download, doesn't work at all, it remains black even though I followed all the steps to manage the maps. Obviously I use UoAssist. Other solutions? Please, give me the link to download UoCartographer, latest version? Or another program that is good for CC? Maybe I have an old version? Thank you!!!
My copy of UOAM that I downloaded from the links in the resources link work for me. I took these snaps this morning.
3-1-240003.jpg 3-1-240005.jpg 3-1-240007.jpg 3-1-240009.jpg 3-1-240010.jpg 3-1-240012.jpg 3-1-240014.jpg 3-1-240016.jpg 3-1-240017.jpg 3-1-240019.jpg 3-1-240021.jpg 3-1-240025.jpg
I am able to see every facet using UOAM, as well as all the dungeons, @Kojak did a very good job, thank you once again sir.

Attachments

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After months in which, despite all the help, I couldn't see Eodon on UoMap (or even from the game map), I can finally see him now. After this latest patch. It probably wasn't me who was wrong but something within my game that was back to normal with the patch. I will finally be able to go to Eodon!! Greetings everyone :)

Phantasmagorian

Sage
Supporter
Good to hear. Some people here don't get that EC will never be an option. The running feels and looks so bad. So out of sync. The graphics are so much worse. I can't even make out things visually in it.

UOAM with that latest patch Kojak did works well.