• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO Auto-Map (and why it's great!)

• Thread starter Du_Hast_Cooper
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

Du_Hast_Cooper

Link to UO Auto-Map

UO Auto-Map is useful for a few reasons:

1. You have a resizable, zoomable map that you can leave on top of the game screen area without interference.

2. It has names of locations on the map, that you can customize and mark. (Makes it a heck of a lot easier to find the healers in a strange town /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif ).

3. If you have access to a public or private Auto-Map server, you and your friends can all log on to it and see each other on the map, as well as chat! (Gives additional functionality when combined with UOAssist, allows you to chat on the UOAM Server from UO).

I run a 24/7 public and completely free UOAM Server found at uoam.servebeer.com, if you'd like to set up a permanent session for you and your friends/guilds to use, just PM me and let me know, and I'll be glad to set it up for you!

Here's that part copied from my FAQ for my Auto-Map Server:

UO Auto-Map Server FAQ
SECURITY NOTICE:

As with any server, while connected, the host will be able to see your IP address, and could potentially access your computer via your connected port. There is no "Certificate" system in place for open servers such as this, so there is really no way to know if the person running the server can be trusted. I have no ill intentions with running this server, I just wanted to give back to the UO Community that has given me so much. I figured I'd put this in just to make sure people understand the potential risk of using a server. In addition, I'd like to add that I am the ONLY person with Administrative rights to the server, and it will stay that way. Others connected to the server will not be able to track IP addresses of other users, only the Admin will. Thank you.

What is a UOAM Server?

UOAM Server is a standalone program that allows multiple UOAM users to connect and communicate, as well as track each other on the map.

Why would I use this?

It's a great tool for guilds and groups of players, large and small, to communicate above and beyond the scope of the UO party system.

Great! How do I connect to the server?

First off, you have to have UO Auto-Map installed, open UOAM, then look for the link settings. Go to "Link Controls" You will see four fields, in the name field, you can type your desired name to use on the server (Character name usually), then enter the IP address of the Auto-Map server, and the Port (next field, default is 2000). Finally, enter the password provided to you by the server host.

If you like UO Auto-Map, shoot Belxan a "Thanks!" or a few bucks, he's worked hard to bring it to us, and done a ton of updating over the years to keep it current.

(I will likely be back to add to this) /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif