• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO-Auction: Why dont *YOU* use that site?

G

First: This is in no way a post agreed/arranged by somebody else. I am just curious!
Even though im not an active staffmember of uoa2 anymore im still an active user, and would like to see its back to glory

To prevent thread-locking i would like u not to post anything to specific/personel! Please no flames! Just constructive & fair comments.

During the years the usage of uo-auction did drop a lot. It mainly concentrates on two shards (Europa & Great Lakes) and even there i feel like the numbers of auctions keep on dropping. At least on my home-shard.

So, why dont you (as an active UO-player) use that site? May it be for selling or buying.
Im not asking for reasons why others dont use it (like less players => less users)

Some ideas (which are obviously not my reasons since i still use the site, but which i did hear before)
<ul>
[*]Too less items/auctions
[*]My shard is not listed there
[*]dont need anything
[*]Was banned
[*]Lost my Logindata
[*]too many downtimes
[*]personal isues wih a staffmember
[*]There are other sites like ...
[*]Stratics-trade-forums are fine for me
[*]uoa2? Never heared of that site before
[*]...
[/list]
Let´s collect some input to give feedback to the admins and get people back to that site!

K

kennykilleduo

<blockquote><hr>

Hardly buy or sell anything that would warrant an auction.

[/ QUOTE ]

100% agree there , Luna Malls killed auctions...

G

The biggest problem is that people no longer treat it as an auction site, they treat it as I am selling and here is my price, and along those lines people really have no idea what something is worth. So what I normally see is items placed for sale at either the going rate or above, well that is not an auction anymore is it? Here is how an auction should be priced:

A) Starting bid, generally between 25% and 50% of actual value
B) Some where in between A and C where hopefully they can live with price.
C) Your actual value, and hopefully you get there
D) Exceed your value and hopefully we all get there

Most auctions today start at C and try for D instead of starting at A or B. Another BIG problem is this "whatsit" is worth 25 Bazillion gold, at least that is what so and so told me. Well try spending that 25 Bazillion gold when no one will buy it from you. The Magincia invasion I watched a guy at Brit Bank spam for hours selling a Pyros Staff for 18 mill, no takers. I told him I would take all he had for 5 mill each --of course I was gonna resell them in Luna for 10, but that is my risk as a merchant-- he of course declined because so and so told so and so that he sold them for 18! I said have you? He of course had not. Oh well I am off my soapbox.

G

Actually, I only said to Terry yesterday that if I could get 2 dozen of a particular item I was going to 'shove them on uo-auction and see what they bring'.

I hope I can remember my log in info. I currently only have 15 of the item though

Main reason I've not used it recently is I hadn't anything to sell and wasn't needing anything, so wasn't looking to buy.

D

DrMcguilicudy

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Hardly buy or sell anything that would warrant an auction.

[/ QUOTE ]

100% agree there , Luna Malls killed auctions...

[/ QUOTE ]

Not on LS they didn't. FATE and YGV have thriving auction houses.

G

Because it's much easier and less time consuming to just put my items on my vendor.

I

imported_Spiritless

Personally, I think UO-Auction is a great site frankly. Been using it for years now for all sorts of things. Those who just say "go to Luna" are being shortsighted. Luna items are often the most overpriced on the shard; I've found I can get high-end gear for a significantly cheaper price on auction.

I've also never had a problem with the staff there. Auctions are created and conducted between players. I've never even spoke to a staff member in the years I've been using the place, so I'm not too sure why who is running it would have a significant impact on whether or not you visit. There are many other broker services out there you could use if you don't like the service they're offering, for the very few trades that you'd conduct which ever would require a broker to begin with.

I'd like to see the site more active, frankly. Or at least one site out there which is adopted as the de facto standard for trading across all shards. The fact that there are so many different trading sites out there ultimately makes items more difficult to get hold of and has the potential to make you miss things you'd otherwise need. For this reason I'd love to see one site used by the vast majority for their trading. Unfortunately, at this stage, I don't think that's going to happen, though.

M

Molly Foxglove

I prefer when things happen ingame. If I had used that auction site I had stopped when I heard about the duped items.

I

imported_Leto

I used the site a lot several years ago, both for buying and selling items. I even bought a couple of codes from their 'official' broker.

That was untill about 1.5 years ago, when the big duper bust happened: UO-Auction's official broker got a perma-ban. And even though this was the 3rd time this broker was banned, UO-Auction continues to endorse this broker even today.
As long as this situation persists I refuse to use the website.

G

Didn't know it existed, and I don't trust unknown/barely known sites.

G

And,
just for curiosity.

Where on the site can I find the list of brokers?
You can send it as a pm to me to avoid locking of thread.

Regards
The Scandinavian

A

AdamD

Click the gametime link at the top, it lists two brokers on that page.

G

Thnx for that info. I´ll get my data removed from there as well since i did quit month ago.

Please note that the ICQ listed there for me is out of date anyway...

G

It's bugged with firefox, works ok with IE, but I don't use IE.

Furthermore, nobody on siege uses UOAuction, so there's nothing to buy there.

G

<blockquote><hr>

It's bugged with firefox

[/ QUOTE ]

That´s more than strange.
Im never used the site with anything else than Firefox. And it works pretty fine for me.

Sometimes did visit it with IE, but that was just for testing ...

F

Fayled Dhreams

<blockquote><hr>

Let´s collect some input to give feedback to the admins and get people back to that site!

[/ QUOTE ]

&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt; trade forums ... yes?
I mean ... as long as your stated goal, is to improve *snort* some other third party RMT type site ...
Sure ... I said it, RMT ... because EA don't be taking GOLD for codes ... RMT is in there

<blockquote><hr>

During the years the usage of uo-auction did drop a lot. It mainly concentrates on two shards (Europa &amp; Great Lakes) and even there i feel like the numbers of auctions keep on dropping. At least on my home-shard.

[/ QUOTE ]
might have something to do with UO's overall population ...

To directly answer the topic question ...
If I can't do it legitimately ingame
I don't, wont: "do it"

simple

K

Kith Kanan

Use it all the time , wish more peopel would , I cant waste my time browsing vendors for hours , just trying to get lucky tbh.............

G

One of my favorite activites in UO has been the Matriarch Quest. So I had tons of translocation powder. I kept a bunch on my vendor but found it easier to use UOAuction and sell in bulk. I really liked using it. I would set my minimum price a little less than my vendor price and it would almost always get bid higher. But Great Lakes had a busy section. I've never understood why more people didn't use it.

But I haven't played since they killed 3D so I have nothing to sell anymore.

G

First off ....... I tried to use the site once or twice... but it told me I could not because I had already registered an account... News to me. After of couple of tries I said forget it... besides. I have never ever had even a vendor.... I don't sell things. I give them away or I pitch them in the trash, I don't sell anything. I trade or give it away.... And I heard about a bunch of folk having negative experiances there so eventually I decided it's probably a good thing I could never set up an account. And haven't given it another thought.

ake

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
focus just on the site.

-search engine suk badly.
-auctions creation take alot of time (bulk upload too)
-fake account are a plague (on highend items)

not UOA2 fault

-many items r just garbage

and don't forget... with other site u have just to drop the item in a vendor and set a price, ofc u pay a fee but that save u alot of time.

my2c

G

Kinda sad to see that, what was starting good, turned into flaming in the end.

I

imported_Ilysess

When I played I used UOA2 quite frequently up until my last year of play. The only reason I stopped using it was that I couldnt find what I was looking for on the site anymore. The number of auctions for "useful" items greatly decreased and was replaced by hundreds of auctions for "junk"

The reason I usually used auction was because of the chance of getting an item I was looking for cheaper than I could in game. There were multiple auctions for the same item, so the sellers were in effect competing against each other to sell their wares. When auction numbers dropped, there would often be only 1 of an item, meaning the seller could just list it at a whatever ridiculous price they wanted and that was that. As others have stated, UOAuction is no longer really an auction where sellers are encouraged to offer lower prices and encouragement to sell their items.

J

jullebuk

I enjoiy using Uoauction site for my sales. I find most of the users there to be good to deal with. The staff have always treated me well. It is just a shame there are not more shards active there. Hope this answers your question Zofinur

G

RTLPFC

Just a reminder, folks... from our Trade Forums guidelines:
<blockquote><hr>

C. Scammer Accusations - When you get scammed, often your first reaction is to warn others so that it doesn't happen to them too. Although you have good intentions, we ask that you do not post anything about who scammed you as these accusations are really just one posters word against another. UO allows for many chars on the same shard to have the same name, so you could inadvertently spoil an honest persons reputation. Or someone could post that someone they disliked was a scammer and ruin their reputation when it is not true.

[/ QUOTE ]
TL;DR? Don't post accusations or make claims that so-and-so duped or exploited. Yes, that even covers self-admitted confessions of naughtiness. Please make an effort to get this thread back on topic and to keep others on topic by avoiding drama-laden derails mid-thread.

G

In case no one heard Sheridan the first time...

<blockquote><hr>

RTLPFC

Just a reminder, folks... from our Trade Forums guidelines:
<blockquote><hr>

C. Scammer Accusations - When you get scammed, often your first reaction is to warn others so that it doesn't happen to them too. Although you have good intentions, we ask that you do not post anything about who scammed you as these accusations are really just one posters word against another. UO allows for many chars on the same shard to have the same name, so you could inadvertently spoil an honest persons reputation. Or someone could post that someone they disliked was a scammer and ruin their reputation when it is not true.

[/ QUOTE ]
TL;DR? Don't post accusations or make claims that so-and-so duped or exploited. Yes, that even covers self-admitted confessions of naughtiness. Please make an effort to get this thread back on topic and to keep others on topic by avoiding drama-laden derails mid-thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

*Orvago puts away his scissors of accusation shearing*

It is irrelevant to what site did what to whom and where or why. The bottom line is this: Accusations are Not Allowed.

My apologies to anyone's post that was caught in the chain of replies to a removed post. If you know your post was in no way an accusation or rule violating, you may Private Message me and I will be happy to give you your posts' contents back for reposting.

Carry on.

G

Thnx for cleaning up the thread.
Now it looks more like what it was intendend to look like.

But one of my posts was missing, let me add this again for the sake of completeness:

<blockquote><hr>

I never use a broker ,why would anyone use a broker?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh that´s quite easy to answer, heres some of the stuff i did while i was an official broker; and which i do from time to time as well for the ppl remembering me as a trusted broker
<ul>
[*]Cross-shard deals:
Broker collects Item and payments and passes the items vice versa

[*]Deals with more than 120 items/checks

[*]Ensuring safe trades for some paranoids who never dealt expensive items before (and i did mean paranoid in a positive sense)

[*]Beeing unable to log into the game to a specific time could be handled by a broker too

G

<blockquote><hr>

auctions creation take alot of time (bulk upload too)

[/ QUOTE ]

For ingameauctions i implemented a new feature. In case u use UO-Assist (bulk)auctions can be started by uploading a textfile. U will just have to set some parameters like startprice and increment.

Currently im in testing: No auctions are created but the calculted categories are shown. This can be changed by a radio button.

For the planned final launch on this friday the default is set to create the auctions.

Furthermore all auctions and feedback will be reset: So please take a look and test the site : http://ingameauctions.com

P

Paris_Hilton

I'm confused. In your original post you stated:

"First: This is in no way a post agreed/arranged by somebody else. I am just curious!
Even though im not an active staffmember of uoa2..."

But in this post you state:

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

auctions creation take alot of time (bulk upload too)

[/ QUOTE ]

For ingameauctions i implemented a new feature. In case u use UO-Assist (bulk)auctions can be started by uploading a textfile. U will just have to set some parameters like startprice and increment.

Currently im in testing: No auctions are created but the calculted categories are shown. This can be changed by a radio button.

For the planned final launch on this friday the default is set to create the auctions.

Furthermore all auctions and feedback will be reset: So please take a look and test the site : http://ingameauctions.com

[/ QUOTE ]

You sure sound like an active staff member to me.

G

<blockquote><hr>

You sure sound like an active staff member to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

u r mixing up post.

This thread was started to get back users to uoauction. And when i started it i left that site for about 7 month already. Have left around june 2007 if i remember right.

But reading the answers to my post, in the end to me it looked like it might be better to start something new instead of getting ppl back to uoa2 since some players seemed to have problems with specific staffmembers of uoauction.

To make it short: http://ingameauctions.com is my own site, run by me alone. So technically u r right since i am staff ... of http://ingameauctions.com but not of uoauction!

G

First reason...... I typically don't ever SELL anything..... I give away quite a bit but usually don't SELL stuff... unless folk insist on paying for it.... Secondly Long ago I tried to register to the site but was told that I was already registered.... Hum.... news to me... never registered there in my life... course trying to get the name and password has always been to no avail.... so I really never have gone back... Guess I won't either seeing as I can't create an account... *shrugs*... but that's ok..... I'm fine without it.

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree, Luna's a joke....one guy is selling his own made horned gloves for over 55 million...please, spare me the insanity, players thoughts and values have gone overboard and trashed item value beyond comprehension.