• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO Assist for new users

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

VoiceInTheDark

RTLFC

Is it possible to incorporate several of the built in uoa functions into one macro?
For example, I would like to make a macro that disarms my current weapon, arms my alternate, disarms then arms my second alternate all with one key stroke, so that I can quickly switch from a slayer wep to a set of PvP weps that can be swapped using the fairly new client macro for equip last weapon.

Thanks

K

Kimi_Mori

why not use the number pad on your Keyboard to set up weapons [arm]

V

VoiceInTheDark

ya, I suppose I could do that, but I use a joystick shaped right handed mouse, so I try to make most of my macros on the left side of the keyboard so I don't have to come up over the handle and back to the keyboard with my right hand, and also if I hit number lock accidentally, it would disable those macros right? the time it takes to realize that and fix it could mean I don't get armed fast enough.

K

Kimi_Mori

True.

humm, since your using a joystick that limit use of the keyboard,

Keys you can use for would be your F keys [f1 - f 12] as well as the ` key. You could also use the - and = key in a macro command as well.

Also there is Home, End, Insert, Page up, Page down, Delete to be used as well. I assume you not chatting while PvP unless you going to brag
so you could set your arming macro using the keys above.

I not sure what key stroke you using to drink potions, but my key to disarm the weapon hand, unless two hands are needed for weapon, are delete. To rearm primary weapon I hit insert. To drink a cure, its page down, to drink a heal its page up, depending upon char I am on, the ` is to bandaid self or main pet. the Shift ` is to bandaid alt pet, [tamer with dragon and mare].

Now I have set macros using the f keys to do certain commands/spells. My mage on Siege uses the f2 to cast several mini heals on herself while be attacked, her wrestling and parry skills allow a few to get thru and she is able to withdraw from the battle fairly quick. my f10 cast invis on myself on all shards I have char [that can cast it] its set up in UOA. Most of my commands are set in UOA with the f keys being the primary keys.

V

VoiceInTheDark

Ya, I really need to reorganize my macros I think. I use most of the keys you mentioned, except the home, end, page up cluster. I can probably cram them all in in a reasonably easy to use way. I was really hoping to be able to string together the built in ones though. Would be nice for unequiping sheild, chuggin pot, re-equiping too.

K

Kimi_Mori

well you could have someone cast poison on you [a trusted person] then you go into the macro, hit record, then go back to game hit disarm, double click on cure potion in pack, then hit arm to bring shield back up.

Once you done that then edit the macro, [making sure to lock it] so it will continue to drink any cure potion then assign a hotkey for that macro.

V

VoiceInTheDark

hmm, so when you are recording a macro in one of your 16 spots, it will put in the disarm left hand UOA function if you press the key for it? That's exactly what I want, but didn't think to try that.

Z

zigzag76

I am an old player returned after a while away. What happened with the maps that used to come with the program game. It was a nice thing to have for new players or old players that have been away for a time. It gives a player a general idea of where things are so when they get lost they can figure out ruffly where they are or other items of interest are. It would be an item that many would probably enjoy the return of.

V

VoiceInTheDark

sorry, haven't looked at this thread for a while, that did not actually work the way I tried it. It would not record UOA disarm and rearm functions within a player made macro. I did not think to try using the uo clients disarm function to see if that would work. I'll give that a try tonight.

My current work around is to use the arrow keys, one is disarm wep hand, the other three arm different weps. It works ok I guess.

K

kettlewhistle78

Thread rez!

I have never been able to take full advantage of UOA as I have never been able to get a macro to work correctly. Ill give the example of Lockpicking.

I go through just as laid out by the posts but no matter what I use as a Wait time, I get constant, constant, constant, timeouts. Ive tried 500ms-3500ms in 500 ms increments and noticed no appreciable change in the amount of timeouts; on the order of 75%.

So I hit my LP macro, get the start up delay response, get the cursor from the keyring, timeout, timeout, lock the second box, timeout, open the third box, etc.

Im thinking its possible that its a setting somewhere as this has happened to me across three different computers/installs.

Anyone have any idea why this happens?

I

imported_Lucretia

Returning after being gone 6 years, and with all the changes, yes, I do qualifiy as a newbie

I used to be able to set a key to loot the gold off the monsters I kill and stack in one pile, and for the life of me, I cann't figure out how I did that.

Anyone?

B

Bently0987

I can't get UOassist to work, it doesn't open ultima.

It says "unable to run ultima online"

I can run UO totally fine, and have been playing without UOA, it opens up the patch screen but then wont open UO client when i open UOA.

any ideas?

G

Are you playing UOKR or regular 2D client? You have to make sure the path is set to the folder the UO client is in.

G

Sometimes there are client patches that will make your UOA macros all seem to go >poof<. In many cases, UOA will display a message to the effect that the data stream has changed. Some cases, like a recent patch will NOT warn you.

What to do, what to do ...

1. Log out of the UO client and quit it completely.
2. Open Windows Explorer and you should locate your character macros in folders under this path:<blockquote>c:\Program Files\UOAssist\UOA-Settings\&lt;account&gt;\&lt;shard&gt;</blockquote>
3. For whatever character you need to "adjust", select the appropriate folder and <u>copy</u> it.
4. Then paste it one level UP ... in the following folder:<blockquote>c:\Program Files\UOAssist\UOA-Settings\&lt;account&gt;</blockquote>
5. Restart UOA/UO and go have fun.

Soooo, in my case
c:\Program Files\UOAssist\UOA-Settings\&lt;account&gt;\LakeAustin\Spin Nakor

gets copied and pasted ... thereby being in:
c:\Program Files\UOAssist\UOA-Settings\&lt;account&gt;\Spin Nakor

Hope this helps!

G

Wish I had read this much earlier. *sits down remaking all his macros*
Thanks for the future though. The other problem I had was UOAM wanting to update certain map files. When I did mapo.mul went missing beware of that. I had to re install UO as I couldn't find any map files listed on the CD's.

G

A recent thread got me going on this one. Grab yourself a soft drink, beer or other leisure-time beverage and start reading ... this gets a bit lengthy.

Software that is required:
A fully working copy of UO Assist from Tugsoft - hereafter called UOA.
A copy of UO Bulk Order Deeds 3.2 (or later) from here - hereafter called UOB.

Optimal ingame requirements:
A character that's not carrying much
An inner pack that will be used for the UOA part of this
The BOD book you're going to work with
Time and patience - especially for hundred/thousands of BODs

UOA setup/process:
1. Make sure you have a keystroke assigned to the Organizer Agent #1, #2 or #3. You will need one of these.

2. In the Organizer Agent, set the inner pack as the Org bag (OA bag).

3. In the Vendor Agent, set the same bag as the agent bag.

*** We will now call this the OA/VA bag.

4. Grab a BOD book and insure it is named. To do this, click the book select the set name option and enter the name for it. Press ENTER to set the name.

5. Open the BOD book and set the filter to ALL sizes, ALL quality, select either Blacksmith or Tailor, set ALL for quantity and apply.

6. Now start dropping BODs out of the book into your pack. Go for as many as you want to do in one pass.

7. In Organizer Agent, add a BOD in the large white window by right-clicking the window, select add item and target 1 BOD.

RECOMMENDED: Right-click "a bulk order deed" and select positioning. Choose upper left as the position. This will come in handy later.

8. Hit the keypress to activate OA and sit back while the BODs are transferred.

9. When all done, open the pack if it not already open. Switch UOA to the Vendor Agent.

10. In the Vendor Agent, clilck "More information ..."

11. Right-click the white window and select the update information option.

12. When done, right-click the window again and select copy to clipboard.

13. Click the "X" in the upper right to close this window, minimize UOA.

UOB processing:
1. Open UOB and select "My BODs".

2. Click "UOA Import" in the lower right. A message stating "Loading" will display briefly.

3. You should now have a grid of the BODs you just entered. Scroll to the right until the BOD Book column is visible.

<u>Below are two ways to enter the BOD Book value as this import does not seem to handle it - even when setting Manage Books to the right value. &lt;shrug&gt;</u>

<font color=red>Update option #1</font color=red>
4. Double-click a BOD, select "Manage Books" from the display.

5. In the drop-down window, select the book you want and click OK.

6. You are back to the BOD grid ... keep repeating these steps until all the newly imported items have a book name.

<font color=red>Update option #2 - not for the faint of heart</font color=red>
4. Double-click the first new BOD, select "Manage Books" from the display.

5. Select the book from the drop-down and click OK.

6. Double-click the LAST new BOD and repeat the book assignment.

Cleanup from one pass:
7. In UO, drag the BOD book into the OA/VA pack and place it near the nicely stacked BODs.

8. Pick up and drop the BODs back into the book ... note what the first one is if there are still remaining BODs to do!! This step is easy if you positioned the BODs as they are well ordered and a snap to handle quickly.

9. When all BODs from this pass are back in the book, put it in your main pack and go back to UOA step 5 to start another group of BODs.

Keep repeating these steps for the book if you have to!! I found doing 40 - 50 at a time was about right. You decide.

<font color=red>Update option #2 - fill in the gaps</font color=red>
Okay, remember you only tagged the first and last BOD of a group that you imported? Now you're going to fill in the rest of the Book Name values!!

STRONG SUGGESTION:
Do this after you log out of UO ... it may take some time and you don't want the game to timeout on you. Also close down UOB completely.

The data you have been entering is kept in XML files in the program directory - "c:\Program Files\NinjaPufferEnterprises\UO Bulk Order Deeds"

Make a copy of "My Bods.xml" before doing anything!!

1. Open the XML file for editing (right-click and select EDIT - Notepad should open). You'll see something like this:<blockquote><hr>

&lt;MyBODs Version="3"&gt;
&lt;BODBooks&gt;
&lt;Book ID="1b813af4-cc81-4193-bff4-579f3ad1c2c2" Name="Cloth - Sm - 10" /&gt;
&lt;/BODBooks&gt;
&lt;BODs&gt;
&lt;Small&gt;
&lt;BOD ID="2c9588b7-d142-48ad-a3e7-eebe3bd382c1" Type="Tailor" Exceptional="True" Material="" Name="Body Sash" TotalCount="10" CompletedCount="0" BODBook="1b813af4-cc81-4193-bff4-579f3ad1c2c2" /&gt;
... and so on ...

[/ QUOTE ] 2. Locate the FIRST entry that has BODBook="" at the very end of the entry. Go back one BOD entry and you will see a filled in BOD Book identifier.

3. Select and copy the value that is between the "" marks.

4. Starting with the record identified in step 2 here, click so that your cursor is between the quotes and paste (CTRL-V) in the value you just copied. Go to the next record and paste, then ...

5. Continue this until you see another filled BOD Book value. That's the end of a group you tagged earlier.

6. If you did more than one group with the first/last tagging, repeat steps 2 - 5 of this section until you are completely done.

7. Save the file.

8. Check your work by opening UOB and selecting the "My BODs" button.

9. Scroll right to see the book name values and scroll thru the list to insure no gaps exist.

10. Repair gaps by closing UOB and repeating the edit process.

Now you've finished one or more books and can continue with the chore ahead.

If you can figure out an easier method than I present here, by all means let me know! PM me and I will supply an email address you can send detailed steps to ... I'll verify workability and edit this post as needed.

GreatPumpkinator ...
If you read this "book", you'll see there are some places for easing the task at hand. The product is greatly improved and IMO is now in the tweak/adjust stage! Good job!

You have my email if you're not sure ... feel free to use it. I'm a programmer of 30+ years in legacy code (COBOL, BASIC, FORTRAN, RPG, etc) so we kinda speak the same talk.

Z

zarobhr

the problem i have with the UOA is its greyed out in UObod

G

&lt;bows&gt; Thanks, but others were also posting the same fixes. I just decided it was time to put it where ALL could easily grab it when needed.

The "no message" issue I mention actually was a UOA bug that came up because of HOW EA had modified the datastream. It had never before been found - it took a bit longer than the normal turn-around.

As I noted elsewhere, Tugsoft typically will have the fix for these issues within a day or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.