• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO Alive

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
This free shard has been around for 7-8 years and has a very healthy population, I don't remember the last time I saw the world so full of people. Things are mostly up-to-date with the OSI version of the game but there is also quite a bit of custom content. There are some really nice custom quests that take some time and effort but have good rewards.
When something goes wrong it gets fixed, quickly! Weekly maintenance has plenty of bug fixing and QoL changes.

The BOD system is great, I have been doing large BODs for the first time because it's so much easier here and you don't have to store thousands of BODs trying to get smalls. The BOD box is a great invention.

IDOCs are probably the most fun system you will ever see in any version of UO. It's a huge battle with a portal opening and high level boss monsters coming out. The contents of the fallen house pop into an instanced chest so everyone who takes part gets some loot. It's awesome fun!

There are players making video guides for quests and dungeons etc. to help out people who never did it before.
A lot of tamer pets spawn in special colours with new tags, exotic, legendary etc.
Mages have had a bit of love, there is now a Summoner build which is fantastic, so much better than plain old mage.
Oh I almost forgot, there is no PvP, Fel is now a safe zone. Come and have a look!

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Thank you for posting that video, it's hard to describe the awesome fun of an IDOC on UO Alive! Such a huge improvement on barrel whacking.