• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Unraveling loot as relics... plus!

J

[JD]

---
First question

Hey all,

I use the EC and Copper_Enhanced mod which tells you item weight/intensity just by looking at the stats. I save all items of 401+ weight and put em in a bag. Right now I have a bag of around 25.

Normally I hand them to a Legendary Gargoyle Imbuer who unravels at queens forge for relics.

But just in unraveling SUB 400 weight stuff using my GM gargoyle imbuer at my home's soul forge, twice now I've received relics.

It's possible the Copper_Enhanced mod was wrong and the item was very high weight (450+).

But should I want to unravel this bag to create relics, would I want to go to the queens forge to do so, as I am more concerned with success unraveling than skill gain? Although skill gain would be nice, as I'm only 100.9...

Moreover, SHOULD I do this myself? Or am I potentially wasting relics.

IE, will there be some potential relics which will unravel as essence because I wasn't Legendary - even though I'm a garg at the queens forge?

---
Second question

Is there any good way of manufacturing items to unravel for gain which is worthwhile?

I just discovered DC runic hammers and it seemed to only make items up to 150 or so weight, which unraveled to residue, but no skill gain - they were too low.

I'm thinking there is some hammer which can't be too expensive which I can use to craft stuff to help unravel for gain.

I got to GM *purely* from unraveling. Just looking to maybe step it up. Wondering if burning cheap runics would be cheaper to unravel for skill/imbuing ingredients rather than sit there imbuing a billion DC daggers 3x.

I can buy ton of ingots and hammers cheap I think. Maybe worth it??

What hammer would I want to try? Normally I would only save loot in the 250+ weight range, so I am assuming I would want to use a hammer which would create 250+ weight items.

Thanks

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Some recipe weapons made with a Copper, bronze or higher runic can unravel to relics.

If you need to unravel for essence to try to gain, A shadow hammer, making exceptional items with DC, shadow or gold ingots might get you there, and the higher runics certainly will.

If you want to craft for training, my guide in the "data chest" has a way that will only use 100 or so SE plate items made of iron, a bunch of residue, amber and citrine, from your current skill level. You could probably get to 120 imbuing in about 4-6 hours, with that method, from 100.

J

[JD]

i read it, the luck/lrc/rpd method, got some ok gains before logging

heard you could do something similar using DC runic daggers instead of jingasa, is that better?

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

heard you could do something similar using DC runic daggers instead of jingasa, is that better?
The object is to get to that range where you get the best gains then repeat that imbue for a total of 20 times...till you get the message that you are unlikely to gain. If you use a runic hammer it can add properties making it more difficult to imbue which would save you from having to imbue it to make it more difficult. Near 120 I found the runic hammer method seemed to get me better gains and saved me lots of ingredients. I would have started sooner with it had I known. So here is the basic idea.... you take an item to imbue and if it has no properties on it yet then it will be easy to imbue so at higher levels you will not gain so you imbue it with items that are cheap or easy to get and see how difficult to imbue it is......if it's still too easy you imbue it with another property to make it more difficult then check to see how difficult it is to imbue. If you create an item that is difficult to imbue already you save on all the preliminary steps. Ideally you want to keep raising the difficulty till you are in the area for good gains doing an imbue that only takes one gem and one residue and repeat that imbue till you get the message that you are unlikely to learn anything. That results in good gains and less cost. Some of the items you create with a runic hammer may not be good for gain but you can unravel them and get essence or residue.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

IMO, no. You have no control over the properties from the runic, meaning you have to imbue wildly different values of properties from dagger to dagger, or even change properties you imbue because the ones you are training are already on it. (you could have one dagger in the bag with 41% DI as the only property, and another that has SC -1, UBWS and 40% DI = 82% intensity compared to 280%, even before factoring in weights; you would have to imbue different amounts of stuff to each one to get to the spot where you just repeat the last property for gain attempts).

On the other hand, making exceptional jingasa and using them as the base insures the exact same value on every item used in training. That makes things easier to set up (imbue each item once with the 2nd property, then imbue each item once with the 3rd. that leaves the same number of imbues each item, and using the same values makes it quicker).

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IMO, no. You have no control over the properties from the runic...
Your results may vary. If you have some desired weapons (specific slayers, SSI, or elemental damage) then burning the runics isn't a bad strategy to start. You'll get a pretty wide range of intensity so you'll need to sort into the imbue now (in your range), imbue later (too intense for your current skill), and unravel now (too easy) after removing your keeper weapons. If you have no desire to keep weapons, I'd just go with Basara's armor strategy. Note, I'm recommending you don't craft daggers but rather weapons you may actually want (dbl axe, radiant scim, etc.).

J

[JD]

my smith is unfortunately not up to the task. im actually double training imbuing and smithing. up to 97 smithing today from 52 just a couple days ago. madness!

so i tried a few things to see what would give the best imbuing gain. i tried the exceptional jingasas, and tried making dc runic daggers.

the daggers were generated with a wide range of intensity. some of them were pretty good for imbuing and would definitely have saved me imbuing reagents. however i had 2 problems. first, i had to figure out what to do on each dagger individually, which meant i couldnt mass produce imbuing gains, and this took time. second, i'd imbue luck but wasn't sure what else i could imbue which was cheap, especially since many of the daggers already had DI on them. so i went back to excep jingasas.

it wasted a lot of ingots because my smithing was so low so i went in town and bought 60k ingots for 1 mil. but i made jingasas and set the exceptional ones aside. i imbued them with 89 luck, then varying degrees of rpd (im up to around 10 now), and my final imbue would always be 1-3 lrc to stay in that 1 residue, 1 amber range. took me a while to get this but i did pretty good, and in a couple hours i was able to raise from GM to 107.

im training it a little every day. i have a massive stockpile of residue from killing miasma for months. though lately ive been getting more essence and no residue, since to keep getting unraveling gains i had to collect higher and higher level loot. gains seem much faster doing this than hunting miasma, and dont cost too much.

something im doing, and i have no idea if its helping, is i moved my soulstones to my crafting area. and then i soulstone off other skills. ive noticed when you get to 650 or 680 skill pts, gains come very slow. so, by stoning off, im only working with around 250-350 skill pts.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you get close to 120 you will get poor gains from the jingasa unless you imbue 100 luck or do something different. At the lower levels it's easy and quick. I enjoyed figuring out what to imbue on the runic items. It was a mental challenge as opposed to set macro or sit there and click the mouse repetatively.

J

[JD]

i guess right now im just concerned with closing that gap towards 120. whenever i get to the point that gains slow/stop, I will try the dc/shadow runic stuff as some of those made some decently high level loot. so high that my chance of imbuing 89 luck was like 20-40%....

at what point will the jingasas stop giving good gains?

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
at what point will the jingasas stop giving good gains?
I don't recall exactly but at about 118 or 119 it was too easy to gain well. Now you could do other things to make it more difficult. Apparently the mushrooms you need to do the 100 luck imbue are plentiful in the right area of the Abyss and if you do that it may put it all in the range that makes it good to gain. Or you might be able to do another imbue to raise the difficulty of the final imbue. I tried the daggers and it shot right up to 120 so never got a chance to try that.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
When you get close to 120 you will get poor gains from the jingasa unless you imbue 100 luck or do something different. At the lower levels it's easy and quick. I enjoyed figuring out what to imbue on the runic items. It was a mental challenge as opposed to set macro or sit there and click the mouse repetatively.
???

Where did you get that idea?

I had no problems getting from 117 to 120 on about 20 -30 jingasa.

90 luck
13% RPD
and mid-range LRC (9, 11, or 13 - can't remember which)

was still in the 40s or 50s in percent chance - right in the optimum area.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Basara I just went and checked and I could get it to the good gain level also. Not sure why I had problems before. Maybe I was tired of buying gems. Anyway you can get into the good gain range so I am mistaken. Please ignore my previous post.