• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Unraveling: Keeper Jewelry Question

Barania

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My new guy is about 40 imbuing. I'm wondering if there are any guidelines that might make sense on what jewelry to keep instead of unraveling - perhaps imbuing in the future. I have bunches and have thought about just unraveling all of it, cleaning out the houses, and starting again.

Are there any jewelry keepers that are elementary to this whole imbuing profession? Thanks for any input.

Jack Nickelson

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let me put it this way, the following properties require relic frags to imbue, in addition to special ingredients at 90% of their max weighted intensity:
DCI
FC
FCR
HCI
LMC

If I loot jewelry with any of the above at max intensity that do not have any wasted mods I keep them. Otherwise, they get unraveled.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Let me put it this way, the following properties require relic frags to imbue, in addition to special ingredients at 90% of their max weighted intensity:
DCI
FC
FCR
HCI
LMC

If I loot jewelry with any of the above at max intensity that do not have any wasted mods I keep them. Otherwise, they get unraveled.
Remember that you also may need to check the skill groups for imbuing to see if one can tweak the skills on a piece to be more compatible with the other mods.

An example is Skill group 1, which includes the 3 melee combat skills, music, and magery. As such, getting one of these skills on an item is interchangable for any of the other 4 - so getting, say, Mace-fighting on a piece that has FC, FCR and LRC isn't that bad, because you can replace it with Magery or Musicianship, making it useful to a Mage or Bard.

Other skill groups are a bit less forgiving, but typically most non-crafter templates have skills in 3 or more of the imbuing skill groups.