• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Unraveling/Imbuing

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This info comes from UOGuide:
Unraveling a magic item requires minimal skill. However, higher skill improves the quality of the ingredients obtained.
So I need 90.1 minimum to unravel relics. Does higher skill mean I get more relics when unraveling? Or does higher skill "bump" loot from essence to relic if near certain point threshold? I'm trying to figure out how many points I need to add in my cramped template. This will only be used for unraveling, not imbuing items.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting. Why only unraveling? I have no clue how it works but curious about your choices.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting. Why only unraveling? I have no clue how it works but curious about your choices.
I've played long enough to have shard shields. I craft my suits on my home shard and send them out as needed. I don't want to train up imbuing on every shard. But I want just enough to unravel loot rather than trashing it for points.

Billy Butcher

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I made an alt unraveler on another shard but I made him a mystic and got a 120 imbue scroll from turning in relics in Ter Mur. The 120 imbue powers the RC the same as 120 focus so I can kill stuff for relics, for him treasure hunt, then go home and unravel right from loot bag. Treasure hunting is still my main way to get relics even on my main shard, I just put in house and log over and break whole bag there.