• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

"Unofficially" sanctioned replacement for UOAM coming?

B

Beer_Cayse

You did read the thread I hope?

1. Although the OP doesn't state exactly the permission gained from EA he did also speak with/communicate with Stratics
2. Apparently Stratics at least was convinced with the credentials the OP supplied to at least give things a chance

Unofficial? Yup - very much so. But no more unofficial than the UOAM which it is touted to replace. I applaud the OP of that thread for the tenacity to see the programming through and to actually deal with what had to be a lot of bureaucratic red tape!

I would like to know what EA's words were specifically, tho the author of the words need not be divulged.

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You did read the thread I hope?

1. Although the OP doesn't state exactly the permission gained from EA he did also speak with/communicate with Stratics
2. Apparently Stratics at least was convinced with the credentials the OP supplied to at least give things a chance

Unofficial? Yup - very much so. But no more unofficial than the UOAM which it is touted to replace. I applaud the OP of that thread for the tenacity to see the programming through and to actually deal with what had to be a lot of bureaucratic red tape!

I would like to know what EA's words were specifically, tho the author of the words need not be divulged.
Yes, I read most of the programmer's comments in that thread...I used the term "unofficially sanctioned" because that seemed to be the best description at the moment, and didn't want to imply EA/Mythic actually endorsed this promising new 3rd party map app. I think getting the no-banz0r-if-you-use-it crumb tossed to us by EA/Mythic will be enough for most players to give it a try. Perhaps they will give it a clear stamp of "allowed" at some point on the support site. :)

I also applaud the programmer for tackling this much needed add-on for UO and dealing with all the hassles involved.

-Skylark

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is the final word from me. Stratics admin and EA discussed this in particular. While they will not support this app, they will not ban or otherwise action those who use it in its present form. Take that for what you will, im just the messenger.

B

Beer_Cayse

That's essentially what the OP in that thread stated ... but it is also good that we get it "from the horses mouth" so to speak.

Thanks!