• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Unlimited frostwood ect pentagom tiles

L

love2winalot

Hail: We have seen how to use goza mats and place a pentagom, and break it to get the color tile from the wood you use. As doing a large area takes a lot of boards, and getting a lot of frost/blood/heartwood is hard, i discoved a neat trick.

I wanted to have a pentagom, with a different colored center piece. So i make a Frostwood pentagom. I placed the 9 goza mats on top of it, raised it, and placed a bloodwood pentagom on top of the mats. Lowered and broke it, and cut it up, and had a frostwood pentagom with a bloodwood center piece.

However, it does not stay there. It will sink into the original pentagom when you leave the area, "AND BECOME THE SAME COLOR AS THE ORIGINAL PENTAGAM". oooooooh, weird.=Idea

I did it again, with a frostwood on the bottom, and a normal wood pentagom on top. Lowered, broke, chopped, lowered. Same as above. recalled away and returned ,Then i CHOPPED THE ORIGINAL FROSTWOOD PENTAGOM AND GOT IT BACK, and it had converted the normal piece to frostwood also.

So, with 100 frost/blood/ect, or 1 pigmet of tokuno dye use, and a few hundred or thousand NORMAL wood, you could have any color floor you wanted without needing the actual colored wood to do so.

F

feath

i'm sorry, i'm trying to picture this, and my brain is mush.
i get you're mixing 2 colors - frostwood and normal
but, you BREAK the normal, yes, to mix with the frostwood. it then turns into pure frostwood, which you get back.
so, i'm not sure.....seems like you're not really getting anything extra?
what am i missing?
*thinks*
so, 1 normal wood, 1 frostwood....you get a frostwood deed in your pack, and the one on the ground is still frostwood?

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I understand correctly, the frostwood pentagram on the bottom is used to "dye" a portion of a regular one (unwanted pieces are chopped away, piece to be dyed is lowered onto frostwood pentagram). After the chopped piece "absorbs" the frostwood color via this interesting bug, the "whole" frostwood pentagram is chopped to redeed, and the piece left from the plain one that was dyed, and is technically sitting on top, remains behind.

Interesting.

-Skylark

L

love2winalot

Yes that is it. Normally, to do a area you would need to make about 80 pentagoms, and chop them to end up with 80 pentagom floor tiles. If you want a oak floor this is fine, as oak is easy to get. But if you wanted a bloodwood floor, getting 800 of that would is a little difficult. Now you only need enough wood to make "1" special colored pentagom.

stept repeated in order.
1. Make your special colored pentagom.
2. placeit on the floor.
3. stack the 9 gozas ontop of the pentagom on the floor.
4. raise all 9 gozas
5. place a NORMAL colored pentagom on the gozas, using normal wood.
at this point you will see the bottom pentagom, the 9 mats, and the normal pentagom, all at the same time.
6. lower the corner gozas, thus breaking the top normal pentagm.
7. chop away the gozas, and the top normal pentagom outside pieces.
8. lower the center piece of the top pentagom 1 time to reveal the mat underneath it. chop the mat.
9. lower the normal pentagom center piece to the bottom.
you now have a, frostwood as example, pentagom with a normal red pentagom star in the middle.
10. leave area so screen will reload.
when you go back, it appears the top normal pentagom center piece is gone. it is not.
11. Ax the outside of the colored pentagom that you placed first to get the deed back.
Now what is left is the normal center pentagom piece, and it has been changed to frostwood. You still have the frostwood pentagon deed in your pak.

Place the original frostwood pentagom deed in the next space, and repeat above. You are ending up with a frostwood floor that uses 1 frostwood pentagom, and dozens of normal wood pentagoms. Or, 1 use of a tokunyo dye instead of all 50 uses.

try it on test. Long, and boring, but could be worth it if you lack the dyes or high end wood needed. yes it works every time

C

Caelas

Sounds like a bit of an exploit to me...cool, but exploit...not exactly using the mechanics of the game as they were intended.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very intersting. BTW it's pentagram. I might mess with this on test later, but it sounds a lil resource-exploity for normal shards.

L

love2winalot

I don't see how. I, imhop, do not think the mechanics of the game intended for items to be placed on gaza mats and then broken? But people have tiles, sinks, furniture, ect from doing this very thing. It is more of an un intended bug if anything.

Besides, if i thought it was bad, i would not risk my account by posting it. And, on the EVIL side of things, hehe, ah hahahahaha, oops, sorry i got carried away, There is NO way to prove it. Player 1 has a heartwood floor, and player 2 has a bloodwood floor. Which one used 1200 colored wood, and which one used 100 colored wood to make their floor?

PS: I can't really do this in my Castle because i have to much stuff in it to have to move around to place the pentagams. Oh, just so you know, a pentagam will go under chest, furniture ect if placed on the floor tiles. But when trying to place the pentagam on raised mats, the 3x3 sqare, and over hangs must be empty.

C

Caelas

"Unintended bug" Heh. Isn't a bug unintended by definition? Otherwise, if it were on purpose, that would be called a "feature".

I agree, doubt anyone would be able to tell, but people have been nailed for stupider reasons. Be careful.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't see how. I, imhop, do not think the mechanics of the game intended for items to be placed on gaza mats and then broken? But people have tiles, sinks, furniture, ect from doing this very thing. It is more of an un intended bug if anything.

Besides, if i thought it was bad, i would not risk my account by posting it. And, on the EVIL side of things, hehe, ah hahahahaha, oops, sorry i got carried away, There is NO way to prove it. Player 1 has a heartwood floor, and player 2 has a bloodwood floor. Which one used 1200 colored wood, and which one used 100 colored wood to make their floor?

PS: I can't really do this in my Castle because i have to much stuff in it to have to move around to place the pentagams. Oh, just so you know, a pentagam will go under chest, furniture ect if placed on the floor tiles. But when trying to place the pentagam on raised mats, the 3x3 sqare, and over hangs must be empty.

This game has a lot of grey areas like that. I try to avoid dipping into the grey except when doing things that anyone can do, that you would not get in trouble for. Right now this is an undefined grey area, especially because while the method you posted could be used for harmless deco it could (possibly) also be exploited by making whole frostwood pentagrams and abbatoirs and whatever else using only regular wood.

I seriously doubt anyone would ever get in trouble for it, which means its a personal moral issue, and people will have to use their best judgement and decide for themselves.

A

Azazel of LA

Can someone post a picture? I want to see what it looks like before I decide to try it out.

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, the way I see it, chopping the add ons themselves is technically an exploit - we are making use of a bug, something that was not intended. It is a harmless thing, and I can't see that doing this to color the chopped pieces efficiently is anything other than harmless either. You are not actually creating or DUPING an item made from a scarce resource, you are simply finding a way to color a portion of an add on that you destroy, which remains behind.

If one is wrong for us to do, the other is. If one is OK, the other should be too.

-Skylark

F

feath

the dev's have already stated, cutting items/stairs is okay - it doesn't impact the game at all.
they disagree with it, when it comes to impacting the game - like the vine cords impacted game play by giving char advantages. This doesn't do this.
i see it falling into the 'L shaped stairs' category, myself.