• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Unique to LS??

N

NatalyaWilwarin

RCoJ was the Red Capes of Justice, not Cloaks.
There was a Festival of the Grape at the Winery next to Empath Abbey in Yew in 1998. They gave out blue mugs to the participants. The winery is decorated with pitchers and grapes. I'm not sure if this happened on the other shards too.
There is a building in Trinsic decorated as an orc fort. That was the headquarters of the orcs during The Rebellion.
Tel'Ruid was blessed, but the elves sold it and moved to Trammel. I haven't been by so don't know if it still is. I think the Silver Arrow decoration they had was stolen?

G

"What I can't beleive is no one mentioned the Keg & Anchor in Fel Trinsic"

I did.

I

imported_Mithryl_Elves

Yah well Joylah, you know that "If" joo and Ethan ever break up im next in line. Been telling jooo that fer years........

Oh btw, i kept my 84 spell spellbook so it survived my latest "Im quitting UO" episode:)

Erdericks necro clothing (yah teh stuff i made from cutting up every piece i saw and bought with ur mark on it after jooo yelled at me one day) didnt make it tho. Waffen has it now.

Oh an i saw someone mention Gormach in a post in this thread. I did see him teh otherday and gave him teh trademark *LIcks* and he laffed. He let on that he wasnt very happy with UO atm and tries to be even more low profile than ever before when he does log in.

N

NatalyaWilwarin

That house in Mag was decorated because Natalya Syvatoslav, who was on the High Council, won a contest and the prize was to have a gm decorate your house.
I've been inside it. There is or was an alchy room in there, long before those vials and stuff were craftable. On the second floor there is a bedroom with a mirrored dresser. *sigh* I want one. In that small room on top of the stairs there is a bar with one of those wood counters, also before you could get them ingame. That was a really awesome prize back in the day.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've seen him as well; once was at a BEF auction (I believe the one where I bought Lokie and forced him into the Ant Quest) and another was at WBB.

As for *LIcks*, Mith, your characters are quite gay.

G

I have a number of spots you have missed. I will take screenshots and post them for you when I have some free time.

N

namrevlis

Here are two pictures of the Vesper Youth Hostel in Felucca. There is also a garden infront of the building, a campfire on the West side and a tree stump with an axe in it on the North Side of the building.

J

JD The Good

not shure if unique to just LS but the door on the tailor shop in brit is not there on alantic. I don't know?

C

CorwinWE

The Skara Brae Ranger's public guild hall in Fel outside of Skara was finally blessed with some decorations, albeit fairly subtle.

J

Jeddak

Silver Arrow Pub east of yew near the coast. I don't remember any more but it seems that it was on fel originally(before there was a tram) but now it's on the tram side (assuming since I don't go to fel these days). I remember it was blessed early on and run by elves but don't know the status of it now other than I pass it alot when hunting with new characters and it's quite a sight.

Also out in that area is the community run by fairys (tram) but I don't know the name of the community but it's not too far from the Silver Arrow.

I'm sure someone will correct my errors. : )

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I talked to him not too long ago, and he said he was quitting. If he reads this, I'll let him fill in the details, or you can simply look on the EoS public forum at eos.tanis.dk, though I don't know when he'll read it.

His ICQ #'s are 402886 and 251379.

P

Pawl

To rares i have that i'm not sure if there one per server rares or just LS ones..

First is " a lantern of hope" looks like a normal lantern but was blue like valorite, but before that ore was even able to be mined...

2nd is "a candle of love" looks like a normal candle, newbie style , but its red

These two rares I got over 7 years ago and still have today safe in my bank box..

these two rares will also die with me and be lost forever in the year 2036 when the account exp......

There are 11 items total, one for each virtue and love, hope, truth. But its been so long i can't remember if all the old shard got the 11 or 11 across all the shards , I got one from a GM for winning a quest, and the other was given to me by a dear friend of mine, She quit UO before tram came out...

I play at most 2 to 4 hours a year, for the last 3 years..... I have mostly given up on UO, and only loaded the game 3 days ago just to check things out, never even knew about this new exp pack til i then, and its one i"ll never ever buy!!!!!!!!

I know these aren't places but i do beleave there unique to LS

there is also "a book of something" i have seen on cats, think its courage or truth but can't remember.. also "a long sword of justice" think that one is on chesapeake, or alt .

It would be nice to know if anyone else has any of these items, Most I'd say are lost forever, From vets leaving the game, some might even gotten banned..

G

<blockquote><hr>

these two rares will also die with me and be lost forever in the year 2036 when the account exp......

<hr></blockquote>

Umm, how nice, you own a few possibly unique rares and are greedy enough to delete them yourself instead of displaying them in a museum for all to see with a history book, or at least selling/giving them to a museum curator to do the same.

Wow, some people amaze me.

S

Shadowcards

1 The Trees of Fire.. Actually I think those are sick trees. There was a seer event that had some disease ravage the plants in Minoc.

9. The Magincia High Council building was set up for the High Council players of our shard by Seer Bastet. If you mention some of the old councilors in front of them.. they will say something. It has a few items in it relating to past events. The High Council later moved to Tram (which they sorta had to after the Parliament building was made the home to the Council of Mages faction).

A couple places in Felluca Trinsic...

Red of Vesper's Shop .. not sure if its still there. Was an artifact shop that the seer npc Red of Vesper ran.

The Keg and Anchor Tavern.. our tavern was redesigned since it was at one time a popular place for the rpers to hang out in Fel Trinsic. Check it out.

The Peace Talks Section is near the Fisherman's Guild and the southern entrance to Fel Trinsic. The High Council met with the Rebels (led by Calandryll) and formed a peace treaty (which I think can be seen, but not read, at the building in Magincia). It was used by various CIty COuncils after that.

The Town Center was decorated with hides after the Orc players took over the city. This was pre-Minax so her appearance sort of erased a lot of it. But it did look nice.

One of the Roofs in Trinsic has a wedding area on it.. Speaking of which, I think a building in Serpent's HOld has wedding stuff too.

There's probably some more, but those are the ones I remember most.

Shadowcards.. William Wingate.. The Shadow

R

RathofLS

I don't know if you are looking for stuff still but hey figure Ill post anyway.

Serpents Hold Fel at the bank bottom southeast corner in the water, a globe, Anchor, Rope and Brazier, float over the top.

From time to time I go a stare at it and think of the past. It was Heracles doing , A boat made by a GM was passed out through some event or favor, it came into Heracles hands through a trade, We are real life friends (btw). The boat was the best deal in the world for a miner, before fire beetles; still better, the deck would be littered with ore and all of our miners digging the coast up.
The draw back the deck was always littered, it could not be placed in your backpack, it was water bound for life, the boat had to be Refreshed, when we would go out to sea his wife would log in and refresh it, when they were out of town I would. Hera and Heracles son got sick and no one thought or cared about the boat.

We stood along that waters edge staring at the wreckage, wondering how long it would be there, or if anyone would notice. I am at the bank right now and its still there. It has been over 3 years since that day and still it is there, I can only conclude that it is permanent and Unique to Lake Superior.

I

imported_Mithryl_Elves

Took me what 8 months to reply to this. Ima Bad Elf Huh?

Anyways yah i quit for real. I log on every now and then tho to pvp when a shard gets active in it. I sold my account to my irl brother and he saves a char for me. Basically he pays for me to play:)

Currently im working on a detect/track mage for when the guild blackmage, cobes, opt and myself met on Cats (SX) gets here and really starts playing. Stealth archers are really going to hear it when i kill em on a 4x gm mage template:)

B

Brynthe

Its been a long time since I've been there, but the Britain graveyard on Felucca there used to be the coffin of one of the old seer characters (can't remember his name for the life of me) along with his green staff. There used to also be some of his items in the Britain library (just outside the castle), though again, I haven't been there in years to check it out, maybe someone else can verify this.

In addition, on the east side of Britain there used to be a house that was decorated for one of the seer characters (again can't remember.. someone help me out.) If memory serves there were banners on the outside of the house too, next to the doors.

Sorry for the spotty memory.. just started playing again after roughly a 3 year gap and can't quite piece together all the details.

P

Pawl

wow 2 added post in a year!!!! ok IF i were to sell it in uo or give it to some player run town, I bet you i would find it on EBAY the next day!!

I logged on to ICQ about 2 months ago, Lord and behold ALOT of old friends were on, all thou many no longer play UO. I started sending mgs to them and got a group going, was like old days, we talk about whats going on now and about our old UO days,, Why do i bring this up, well out of the 11 items in my other post, i have two of them. these items are PRE T2A itemsand come to find out one of my friends had one of them, Book of Truth. She forgot allabout having it when she quit and is now gone forever. also someof them were saying Cookie Monster (one of the oldest and best pker ever!) who got ban from UO and his hole guild also, Had the sword of Justice. thus its lost for ever!!

now for the other items, some say one or two was in the tower behind the north mage shop in moonglow, now fel moonglow. guess you cloud look there for some of these items.. If the place is still there.

Now from what i heard from my friends that played uo long ago , these items are on all Shards that were around PRE t2a so no over seas shard will have them and no new US ones eather. Rare being from 1 to 10 theses items are 1,000,000 at least. and going to say most are gone forever anyways. only value these items have is REAL life cash, and I for one will NEVER buy or sell ANY game item for Real cash. No house, no 10 mil, no rare.

Never said i was going to delete them, if UO goes past 2036 then i might give everything away, But this post may still be around still, so i be posting next year :)

B

Brynthe

<blockquote><hr>

Its been a long time since I've been there, but the Britain graveyard on Felucca there used to be the coffin of one of the old seer characters (can't remember his name for the life of me) along with his green staff. There used to also be some of his items in the Britain library (just outside the castle), though again, I haven't been there in years to check it out, maybe someone else can verify this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay.. made a little trip and the coffin is that of Sage Humbolt and it still resides in the north western most building in the Britain graveyard in Felucca. His green staff is stil there as well.

C

Ceno

Hello all...I am Ceno from the Baja Mage Tower...
almost all the old servers had a Mage Tower at one point so its not really "unigue" to LS, just the decorations inside the tower is unigue.
The sad news is that it seems the Baja and LS Towers are the only ones left. I have been trying to find out as much information that there is out there so that we all can have a record of it. Without the Mage Towers a lot of players wouldnt of gotten so far into their magery skill so fast, they taught a lot of people. I am not an orignal member, although i wish i was.

But this is not why I am posting....
I am looking for anyone in the LS Mage Tower, or anyone who knows them....I wish to help LS reclaim some history and help rebuild the Towers to what it use too be. I have read that LS MT use to do a dungeon crawl every night, I will try to attempt to do that also, in memory of the old MT'ers.....I am so much commited to this project that I have spent RL money to make an advance char on LS (didnt have any before) just so I can help the LS Mage Tower.

So please let me know if anyone finds anything about the members, I would hate to see this tower fall like so many others.
Catskills

Atlantic

Sonoma's MT *sigh*

C

Catrina

Recently, the Library of Knowledge in the Shadowlands hosted an event where we went and visited a bunch of these unique spots. I wish I could get to my runebooks right now (hopefully the shard will come back soon). But some of the ones not mentioned were a bunch of places in Trinsic - the Keg and Anchor, Red's Curious Goods, Freedom Square (by the fisherman's guild), the councilor guild hall. Then there's the picnic spot by the Trinsic waterfall, the golden anvil, the Crimson Grove (the red trees in Minoc - these have a write up on uo.com), all the RPC houses - Grizzly Carter's in Yew, Anton Zorzi's and Gwen Tiraste's in Magincia, Clio Temesa's in Moonglow, Seth Samion's apartment in the sub-basement of the Jhelom Library, Garret's in Vesper, the orphanage and Skara Brae townhall in Skara Brae....

Okay, I'll stop now.

R

Random Stranger

Just to say in Europa we also have the SPIDER TREE.

Sorry cannot add any information concerning this one beyond the fact it is not a LS unique.

Sorry guys.

U

utilitron

<blockquote><hr>

Do you mean this camp?

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG!!! Juo’nar is back!!!! RUN!!!!
THE LICHE IS BACK!!!

oh wait... its a pic

BTW is that KoTR in the purple and black? (knights of the round)

U

Ultress

Can anyone confirm whether the invulnerable dolphin still exists? I remember seeing it originally in the oceans nearby, but have not seen it for years.

R

RakothX

<blockquote><hr>

Also out in that area is the community run by fairys (tram) but I don't know the name of the community but it's not too far from the Silver Arrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bit of an old post - And, er, thread - but to clarify: That'd be Tuatha de Danaan. Don't know if the tower would count as unique, but it's been decorated in an admirable fashion by its enchanting guildmistress, that's for certain.

And of course there's a half of a plow on the roof, provided by some debonair and handsome thief whose name eludes me at the moment... Ahem. That might be considered 'unique' to some.

I

imported_Paddycat

This is a sad post, but think it should be put here,
Bounty (ICQ#Wrote:
For everyone that knew him, Disco Stu(UOF), aka Matt.................passed away on his 38th birthday, November 23'rd on I55 in a traffic accident. He lost control of the truck and hit a guardrail, flipping his truck three times. He is survived by me (his wife),
his five children, his mother and tons of friends. Funeral arangements are for 27 November..............no flowers or donations please.....just prayers....
He would have wanted his UO family to know.............................

For those that have been to Rivendell on LS, Bounty was the founding father of Rivendell, and his passing will make that old players town mean more to us then it did. yes most of the house there are Blessed. When I started UO I began on Baja, But read a story on uo.com and it was about Rivendel. and this Player run town. so I decided to give it a try. fell in love with LS and haven't left since. that was 8 years ago. sadly to say he left uo a few years ago and started a free shard called An Corp. I will miss him.

G

oh man... That's terrible news to hear...

I was in UOF for a little while with Disco, though I wasn't a very active player at the time (got kicked because of it too). I haven't even been to the LS forum in so long, what a reality check to check things out and see this

N

Nagavin

The City of Dragons including but not limited to:

The Grand Pravilion

Customized Sign

Placed Forge

Statues and other misc decorations outside the "mayors" office.

This city was the first player-made city (at the very least on Lake Superior) and was also the first GM recongized player-made city. It was home to the once largest guild on the server Red Dragons (www.clanreddragon.com) run by RD-Redkiller III who to this day maintains a rather large piece of the city.

The City Of Dragons is located North-East of the Desert of Compassion.

L

lokidahlmarth

Hi, I know this is years out of date but just wanted to clarify some things.

First, the RCoJ (Red *Capes* of Justice) had nothing to do w/ the princess laura memorial. There was no trickery involved, nor were we even involved.

The memorial wall in Occlo though - that was indeed us, although we were innocents in the whole subterfuge. This post from the culprit (who came back ltaer on to be a Seer) describes what happened:
http://www.uols.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=63941&amp;sid=8466963ee5b040f03514f9cd62c0443d

N

Nhili Dragon

7. ~The town of Rivendell~ This was once a well-known player run town that was involved in many events, storylines, and adventures. It still exists today, and is somewhat intact, maintained (I believe) by some members of the UOF, who can often be found in the dueling pits, working out new battle strategies. (Need more info on exact location, I know it's on the coast, sortof North of Skara Brae, right? Haven't been there in a while...)
Rivendell
Rivendell was close to the Brit x-roads and the scene of many many great fights in the older ( real ) UO..especially before Trammel. If I remember correctly the Mayor had a character that was a pker. the whole area was a pk heaven ..lots of fun

K

Kaveros Sennald

Silver Arrow Pub east of yew near the coast. I don't remember any more but it seems that it was on fel originally(before there was a tram) but now it's on the tram side (assuming since I don't go to fel these days). I remember it was blessed early on and run by elves but don't know the status of it now other than I pass it alot when hunting with new characters and it's quite a sight.

I'm sure someone will correct my errors. : )
I realize this information is a long time in coming, but I do have some on the subject...

Yes, The Silver Arrow was originally in Felucca (before there was a Trammel) and was subsequently moved. It is part of a player run town called tel'Ruid run by a guild of elves known as The Grey Company (TGC). It is a roleplaying guild and both the guild and The Silver Arrow are active to this day. The Grey Company meets there twice a week to either prepare for hunts or other RP-type activities.

T

The Ice Phoenyx

the pirate's cave under haven all shards have it but ls is the only one ive seen with a bridge to the isle in center and the only one with the deco of the hideout theme. also the other shard that have it are rune accsess only (lmao i sold a copy of the rune a year ago for 10 mil for that very reason) where as ls has a tree you say loot beside and a way to get back to the outside world without magic