• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Unicorns

L

longship

Hi everyone,

How much taming/lore do you need to just ride and control a unicorn? I have a tamer who can tame one, but I want to give it to another character who can't tame it.

Thanks!

Z

Zodiac19

First off only females can tame or ride Uincorns. The min skill to tame/own one is 95.1. Now for control I would suggest near GM in taming and lore to have good control over your pet. If this is for riding purposes only 95.1 taming will do.

F

FishinFool

Yes, but I think you can bond with and ride a ki-rin if you have high chivalry.. never tried myself but I recall reading that somewhere.

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, but I think you can bond with and ride a ki-rin if you have high chivalry.. never tried myself but I recall reading that somewhere.
Oh thats cool, Ill have to see if that works sometime lol. Would be awesome if it did.

L

lazybones

Kirins are only tameable by males, sort of a unicorn for men

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kirins are only tameable by males, sort of a unicorn for men
LOL @ "unicorn for men"

I don't see anything on Stratics about riding a ki-rin with chivalry - aren't lesser hiryus like that? (though I don't think it's chivalry - I'm thinking it is bushido maybe?)

The ki-rin art looks very nice in KR. (I've been hanging around taming unicorns to donate to the zoo lately!)

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chivalry doesn't give control of a Ki-rin. They are a tamer only pet. You're probably thinking Bushido and the Lesser Hiryu.

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah bushido lets you have a lesser hiryu. And yes I tried the chiv thing with the Ki rin, it doesnt work. lol

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hrmmmm i need to get a kirin again and bust him out as i hardly see anyone riding Kirins now a days. I had to get rid of my last one cause i needed the stable slot! We need more stable losts i cant be arsed to train another tamer :p. I think its cool that kirins cast lightning on creatures attacking you when your mounted on it too :).

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ki-rin will "call down the forces of nature against your opponent" if you fall below 40 percent health. They only do this once ever hour or two. Can't remember exactly. They only do it if you're riding them at the time.

Unicorns will cure you if you fall below the 40 percent mark (and are riding them) and are poisoned. Again there is a time limit on when they can use it again.