• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Unfair advantage. All you mind readers. I quit.

G

I will be quitting this week. No you cant have my stuff. I will be giving it away.

It seems like too many of you are able to read my mind as well as others on this board. Im sure mind reading is also used in game for unfair advantages. I can only believe some sort of dupe has occured and you all passed it around. Another, I am not in the loop, and lose out.

This is not a fair skill. I cant get it. The DEVS dont listen. They wont put in any block for this hack. The GM's, when they come, just laugh at me.

Im am just amazed that some posters make statments, and then with this ability others come in and say...

No, the way you said it happened, even though I wasnt there, is not true. And then they go and tell us how it actually happened. Who am I suppose to believe. It is so confusing. Do I believe the natural poster or the guy that wasnt there but actually knows exactly what happened based on a dusting of evidence? Exactly, mind readers. I cant compete. They even tell me my intentions and tell others what their opinions really mean. How do they do it?

People know exactly how many subscribers there are. People know how many people have quit UO. People know the ratio of new accounts vs old accounts. People know the intentions of the DEVS, EA and when the game will close down. They even correct me and tell me what my game play is like and expose my secret intentions to be a Trammie. They know I am coward and fear things and will be pwned.

How can I compete in PvP or PvM when players even know that 95% of all PvPers are Necromages. Well I am fed up with it. They know what I am before my characture even shows up for battle.

I am asking as a 10 year vet that the DEVS please put in a game mechanic that prevents mind readers from ruining my game play. I decide to go into Fel gate. Players are waiting for me. I decide to go to ILSH to kill paragons, a whole mind reading guild is there, taking my kills before I even show up. ARGH.

How is it so many players know so much about everything in this game? I will be quitting. I cant compete with this hack.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I knew you were going to post this...

[/ QUOTE ]
I knew you were going to say that...

I

imported_Spiritless

Boring.

1. People have a good idea rough subscription figures. See MMOGChart; an EA rep has even alluded to this recently, giving it some validity.

2. The sheer number of IDOCs in-game indicate roughly how many people are quitting UO. I've been seeing more IDOCs now than ever.

3. Not seen many "Young" players lately anywhere, ever. Rough indication how many new accounts are coming in.

4. EA will close the game when it is no longer viable. End of.

5. We know what you are.

6. The guy that said 95% of the field were necromages was obviously exaggerating, however most of his points were still valid.

People don't always know solid information, because EA keeps us in the dark about subscription figures, etc. This doesn't mean conclusions can't be drawn from what information we do know.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

*PAGING*

Oh you are so in trouble. This is proof. If youre banned. I am staying.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Duper.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Duper.

[/ QUOTE ]
*runs to check if his house is on fire*

G

<blockquote><hr>

Boring.

1. People have a good idea rough subscription figures. See MMOGChart; an EA rep has even alluded to this recently, giving it some validity.

2. The sheer number of IDOCs in-game indicate roughly how many people are quitting UO. I've been seeing more IDOCs now than ever.

3. Not seen many "Young" players lately anywhere, ever. Rough indication how many new accounts are coming in.

4. EA will close the game when it is no longer viable. End of.

5. We know what you are.

6. The guy that said 95% of the field were necromages was obviously exaggerating, however most of his points were still valid.

People don't always know solid information, because EA keeps us in the dark about subscription figures, etc. This doesn't mean conclusions can't be drawn from what information we do know.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just cant compete with you. At least you put in terms of observation vs fact. Kudos.

F

Floyd the Barber

It's a mind reading script actually, I'm surprised you haven't noticed it. When I'm on screen with someone who is reading minds I start to lag. It's easy to tell really and most of the time the mind readers are hanging out in groups to increase their mind reading ability. The other day I think someone was reading my mind at Brit Bank in fel, it was really weird.

Actually thought you were being serious when I first started reading your post, lol.

I

imported_GalenKnighthawke

I, for one, did not know you were going to post this.

So I guess I don't have that hack, sadly.

I did, however, upon reading your post, develop a series of predictions about the responses.

Sadly a couple of these have come true already.

-Galen's player

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow...I guess I will have to quit, too, then. It is ubiquitous.

I have no choice, it would appear.

Of course, I already know that, after I quit, I will come here and berate others...but I am not sure HOW I knew that...

OMG...

I am giving all my stuff to St Vincent De British...and the Knights of Salvation...so no...you can't have my stuff either.

But I am betting someone already knew that, too...dang it!!

F

Fayled Dhreams

Missed those jedi mind control classes eh?
ie. you set yourself up .... again.

Anyone could tell you ... the mindreaders would already know ...
And come into the thread and tell you "I Knew you were gonna say that"

I'm not a mind reader ... but ... look at what happened ...

IF you had taken those classes ... or used some common logic ...
The "mind readers" ... would have had ... a "yesterday dated" prediction ... Like:
RavenWinterhawk
Crazed Zealot will post the following:
Unfair advantage. All you mind readers. I quit {post #7647950}
[text of message]
at "exactly" - 02/29/08 05:56 AM pst

{[here ya go ... step one]}
Can't really blame them for feeling so certain about what they know ...
it is... after all ...ALL they've managed to this point... to gather and to hold ...
they can't be held accountable ... for things that they've forgotten ...
'tain't there ... so, for them, it really DOESN'T exist ...

Kinda like early onset alzheimers (*whew* I remembered how to spell it
)
92.67% of statistics are made up ...only 6.15% of those (5.699205) have any PROPER scientific basis
leaving the remaining bits for dreams-wishes-good intentions (and the odd "mother told me so ...")

Thats all just one facet of the "world we all live in" ...
why its so frustrating for those who Truely DO Know ... facts and math and science ...
that is all they ARE ... Just facts and math and science ... for NOW ... not necessarily later ...
Can work well, today ... tomorrow Total Bunk ... don't think so?

Case in point
Einstein ...
Had this little equation, felt pretty sure it explained the "condition" the universe was in ...
NOT too comfortable about one little "fudge" he had put in to make it all work out ...
Hubble comes along ... shows him data about "red shift"
Einstein says "was my biggest mistake to put that fudge in" ... takes it out ... both are dead now ...
along comes MORE data ...
oops! Universe is Expanding @ an ACCELERATING rate ...
yep ... squeek squeek poink! ... they put the "fudge back in".

The Difference, (the point, the moral, the guidence from history)
Einstein and Hubble ... were willing to consider different data ... and adjust

Mind readers won't

here ... to make it simple ...

go back to the {[here ya go ... step one]} ... ABOVE ^^ until ya get it ...(IF you remember that it didn't make sense ...the FIRST time that you read it ...
)

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

It's a mind reading script actually, I'm surprised you haven't noticed it. When I'm on screen with someone who is reading minds I start to lag. It's easy to tell really and most of the time the mind readers are hanging out in groups to increase their mind reading ability. The other day I think someone was reading my mind at Brit Bank in fel, it was really weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, 73.908% of all UO Players are mind readers...

But a large percentage of them play in Fel.

Wait...I am getting....a...

WHERE IS THE FEL MIND READER LOVE!!!

OMG...I am channeling now...

OK...everyone that knew I was going to say that, please raise their hands...

G

<blockquote><hr>

Missed those jedi mind control classes eh?
ie. you set yourself up .... again.

Anyone could tell you ... the mindreaders would already know ...
And come into the thread and tell you "I Knew you were gonna say that"

I'm not a mind reader ... but ... look at what happened ...

IF you had taken those classes ... or used some common logic ...
The "mind readers" ... would have had ... a "yesterday dated" prediction ... Like:
RavenWinterhawk
Crazed Zealot will post the following:
Unfair advantage. All you mind readers. I quit {post #7647950}
[text of message]
at "exactly" - 02/29/08 05:56 AM pst

{[here ya go ... step one]}
Can't really blame them for feeling so certain about what they know ...
it is... after all ...ALL they've managed to this point... to gather and to hold ...
they can't be held accountable ... for things that they've forgotten ...
'tain't there ... so, for them, it really DOESN'T exist ...

Kinda like early onset alzheimers (*whew* I remembered how to spell it
)
92.67% of statistics are made up ...only 6.15% of those (5.699205) have any PROPER scientific basis
leaving the remaining bits for dreams-wishes-good intentions (and the odd "mother told me so ...")

Thats all just one facet of the "world we all live in" ...
why its so frustrating for those who Truely DO Know ... facts and math and science ...
that is all they ARE ... Just facts and math and science ... for NOW ... not necessarily later ...
Can work well, today ... tomorrow Total Bunk ... don't think so?

Case in point
Einstein ...
Had this little equation, felt pretty sure it explained the "condition" the universe was in ...
NOT too comfortable about one little "fudge" he had put in to make it all work out ...
Hubble comes along ... shows him data about "red shift"
Einstein says "was my biggest mistake to put that fudge in" ... takes it out ... both are dead now ...
along comes MORE data ...
oops! Universe is Expanding @ an ACCELERATING rate ...
yep ... squeek squeek poink! ... they put the "fudge back in".

The Difference, (the point, the moral, the guidence from history)
Einstein and Hubble ... were willing to consider different data ... and adjust

Mind readers won't

here ... to make it simple ...

go back to the {[here ya go ... step one]} ... ABOVE ^^ until ya get it ...(IF you remember that it didn't make sense ...the FIRST time that you read it ...
)

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I guess he who hesitates is lost.
Now I doubt my next move for fear it is what is expected.

Ill be back.

Im am trying to work on my next move knowing my next move after my next move is already known.

F

Fayled Dhreams

Not necessarily ...

Where ever you go ... there you are ...

Holds the "better truth".

More a question of the duality inherent in "perspective".

he who hesitates ... may just be waiting for the next cycle ...

ie. knows exactly where he is, where he's going .. and how to get there "first"
could be lost ... could have already arrived ... could have arrived there ... decided he DIDN"T like it ... trying to figure out ...
where would be better ... or whether or not ... he CAN get there from "here" ...

perspective.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Not necessarily ...

Where ever you go ... there you are ...

Holds the "better truth".

More a question of the duality inherent in "perspective".

he who hesitates ... may just be waiting for the next cycle ...

ie. knows exactly where he is, where he's going .. and how to get there "first"
could be lost ... could have already arrived ... could have arrived there ... decided he DIDN"T like it ... trying to figure out ...
where would be better ... or whether or not ... he CAN get there from "here" ...

perspective.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think therefore...

I might say

Where ever I am, there I have gone.

And it is in knowing where I have been that I actually arrive.

I just dont like someone beating me there. Or telling me how I arrived.

And thats what the mind readers seem to do.

G

This friggin sucks. I just downloaded the Mind Hack. As i was entering the Visa info, i got the message, "we already know the info, hit next to continue".

After downloading and it self installing, it automaticly Logged me into the game. The Mind Reader location screen came up, and i was standing infront of RavenHawk. When i hit the, "Apply Mind Reading" button, i was told, "He has changed his mind"?

WTF? I was right there, Standing right under the Castle sign waiting for the transfer, and nothing happened. ??????

I called my bank to reverse the transaction, but Mind Hack knew i would do this, and already filed a counter rebuff, and already won. Well by by $1.25 I guess no Beer with my lunch today. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

M

Meldurh

quote:
"How is it so many players know so much about everything in this game?"

Thats what you get when you make a big secret of everything.
In fact this behaviour is very strange,other industries like to announce what
wonderful features will have their upcoming products to get some public
attention.

quote:
"People know exactly how many subscribers there are."
Making a secret out of the numbers of subscribers reminds me of the fallen
communist regimes in eastern europe,everything was a big secret,in the end it
lead to their ruin.

G

<blockquote><hr>

This friggin sucks. I just downloaded the Mind Hack. As i was entering the Visa info, i got the message, "we already know the info, hit next to continue".

After downloading and it self installing, it automaticly Logged me into the game. The Mind Reader location screen came up, and i was standing infront of RavenHawk. When i hit the, "Apply Mind Reading" button, i was told, "He has changed his mind"?

WTF? I was right there, Standing right under the Castle sign waiting for the transfer, and nothing happened. ??????

I called my bank to reverse the transaction, but Mind Hack knew i would do this, and already filed a counter rebuff, and already won. Well by by $1.25 I guess no Beer with my lunch today. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is unfair. But I am at that site that no one speaks of. I think I found a script that counters it. If I did. Youll never know, unless I tell you.

S

Sees Far

Taking bids on 120 Mind Reading PS.

phantus will edge out LeBaiton with a 76 mil bid, but RavenWinterhawk will snake in at the last moment and outbid them both.

No I'm not paying for your shard xfer - are you crazy?.....oh yeah, sorry.

B

Babble

I have it in a journal though that ea gms cannot yet read minds.
Though one implied it to me, but the had to deny it as it is top secret.

G

Since I'm someone rather new (15 months) and can't read minds yet can you tell me where your house is so I can watch for it to fall in the next few months. Maybe you will leave something behind that I would find useful.

My take is that people get tired of doing the same things over and over again. But there are a few things they still enjoy doing and when a change is made that affects one or more of their favs they get upset and quit. I hate the BOS change and also Super dragons but there is still a lot for me to learn in do in this game.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

I just downloaded the Mind Hack

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you download v2.0?

1.0 is susceptible to speedhacks.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I also love witty humor but unfortunately the OP showed absolutely none of that.

I also happen to detest ridiculous whining

I

imported_Yalp

Dude.. 2 different threads 2 personal attacks directed toward me?

Ok.. new game. .. I've posted in 5 other threads today... find them.. bash me personally..and you win! Tomorrow I will make sure I post in at least 3 threads somewhere on the forum... find them.. bash me again and you win! But.. if you can't find them all.. or can't get off some witty, pithy personal attack.. I WIN!

LORD Yalp of Zento, CTDM

F

Fayled Dhreams

OOOOOH! SNAP!! thats how they always know where the action is !!

good one!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Its all those pet balls, they double as all seeing.

[/ QUOTE ]And Cellmate is our Supreme Leader...*nod nod*

Hatchlings

I

imported_Lyconis

If you suspect someone of cheating, you could try sending information to the feedback form. They've been taking care of my "feedback" about the "mind readers". Burn Luna Burn!