• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Unemployement thread - moved by Mutau

• Thread starter CoRreCt mEth0ds
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CoRreCt mEth0ds

setitoff makes more money than sargon and set is a kid in school
hey i got an idea, lets diss on people that are collecting unemployment in the US right now because of the economy.. all 30 million or so of us...
real mature.. anything else?

SetItOff

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: If you could make 1 change to uo.

hey i got an idea, lets diss on people that are collecting unemployment in the US right now because of the economy.. all 30 million or so of us...
that just prooves what a worthless sloth you really are

There ARE jobs out there hireing its people like you that ruin this economy in the first place.
Any job is good and there ARE jobs you can go work at a fast food joint restraunt anything.. its not that hard i applied to BK and im 15 i start tomorrow i get 200/two weeks butt its better then having my money made then gave to me for free by the goverment (witch puts the goverment in more debt)

You collecting un eployment is ruining the economy even more good job dumbass.

B

Balian of Asgard

There ARE jobs out there hireing its people like you that ruin this economy in the first place.
Any job is good and there ARE jobs you can go work at a fast food joint restraunt anything.. its not that hard i applied to BK and im 15 i start tomorrow i get 200/two weeks butt its better then having my money made then gave to me for free by the goverment (witch puts the goverment in more debt)

oh oh, the skirts are coming off

C

CoRreCt mEth0ds

its obvious that your 15 because you dont know wtf your talking about..
my employer pays my unemployment, not tax payers. so try doing some research befor you start talking about **** you dont understand...
however, i still make twice as much money than you, ro[FL]..

Stuiicide

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

i payed into unemployment since i was 16,i collected for a year an 3 months an still have not even got a 1/4th return,now u being home schooled an all rips the **** out of our funding,for ever kid that gets home schooled it costs us the taxpayers.wich in turn makes it harder for are economic system,education gets more money then health care,so look at mommy an daddy if u want to point a finger at sucken the goverment tit, for any kid that is home schooled due to bein spoiled or just scared to be part of the real world.It cost me money an everyone else also the people that are in collage an there parents are not fortunate enough to help them they get grants wich comes form us taxpayers.so they can eat buy clothes books whatever it maybe.so leave these conversation to the adults set an when we want to talk about pokemon will hit u iwht a pm.

Hail Satan

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
almost every person i've known that has been on unemployment waits until their benefits almost run out... then applies for an extension. and it's when the extension runs out that they start looking for a job.

i agree with setitoff even though he doesn't know the whole behavioral pattern associated with it, and with sargon because his employers insurance pays for it.

however, i bet sargon won't be out looking for work anytime soon and pumping more money back into our economy because he's getting weekly checks. once the end of those checks comes closer and closer, that whole scenario will change.

i personally, don't believe in unemployment. to me, it makes people lazy and subdued to relying on assets that they can't control nor provide themself. the entreprenuerial spirit has been killed by democrats.

B

Budweiser KDL

wtfpwned...
Who pays for your health care...foodstamps...etc?...and just for the record, there are jobs out there, people have just become lazy and have a mindset that there are no jobs so they don't look. And while your on unemployment, are you paying income taxes? no. So when you use any federal agency of local roads think of that aye.

E

Eyes of Origin

I normally forgive grammer on here, but wow lol Apparently, my tax dollars didnt do much for your education Stuiicide :(

Anyways... the cost of being home schooled is no more than going to a public school, possibly even less, esp for the parents, which in economic times like ours, every little bit helps.
I dont know how it is everywhere else, but if most of the tax payers money is going towards the schools, why am I required to supply my kids' school with things the school should be providing? If all my tax money is going towards schools, why do I have to buy copy paper, 10 boxes of crayons, 5 boxes of pencils, extra notebook paper, ziplock bags, hand sanitizers, etc?? This is just some of the items that have been on their lists the last few years. Shouldnt my tax money be covering this?? When I look at the cost of the uniforms, the supplies, etc, it would've been cheaper to home school my children, if I could afford to stop working.

There are numerous reasons children get home schooled. You should refrain from saying it is because they are spoiled or because they are too scared to go to a public school. =/ That is a very uneducated response to the topic.

I dont know where everyone is located, nor do I want to know, but I can tell you, even unemployment gets taxed, at least in Colorado. You only receive a certain percentage of what you normally would, where do you think the rest goes? It goes to taxes. From there who knows where it goes.. If I were you guys I would be more upset at the fact that your tax money is probably going to people who dont even deserve to be getting it.
There are jobs out there, but a lot of people consider themselves too good for those jobs or are too lazy to go get one, but in the end a job is a job and a job gives better satisfaction then collecting unemployment, imo.

C

CoRreCt mEth0ds

not that its anybodys business, but i have been looking for work.. granted, im not going to go work at BK for $200 a week when i was working for $100 a day doing security and i make more on UI. but, i have been looking for work with comparable pay (or better) while ive been off. as far as being lazy, yah its kinda nice not having to worry about work everyday. on the other hand, its boring and doesnt pay well. im the kind of person who doesnt mind working, is never late and has no problem doing what im told. my problem has alwasy been getting work.

B

Budweiser KDL

i payed into unemployment since i was 16,i collected for a year an 3 months an still have not even got a 1/4th return,now u being home schooled an all rips the **** out of our funding,for ever kid that gets home schooled it costs us the taxpayers.wich in turn makes it harder for are economic system,education gets more money then health care,so look at mommy an daddy if u want to point a finger at sucken the goverment tit, for any kid that is home schooled due to bein spoiled or just scared to be part of the real world.It cost me money an everyone else also the people that are in collage an there parents are not fortunate enough to help them they get grants wich comes form us taxpayers.so they can eat buy clothes books whatever it maybe.so leave these conversation to the adults set an when we want to talk about pokemon will hit u iwht a pm.
Learn to spell. Then learn proper grammer. Then and only then can you call out a kid about leaving conversations to adults.

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last time I was on unemployment was 98-99, I was getting $460 a week, off of $22hr job. Now days I cant charge less than $45hr and I cant collect unemployment, But I do get to pay 2x the SS/Med and insurance, bonding and taxed 3-4x. last year I payed 250k+ In taxes, Feel lucky kids.

C

CoRreCt mEth0ds

Who pays for your health care...foodstamps...etc?...and just for the record, there are jobs out there, people have just become lazy and have a mindset that there are no jobs so they don't look. And while your on unemployment, are you paying income taxes? no. So when you use any federal agency of local roads think of that aye.
If you received unemployment compensation during the year, you should receive Form 1099-G, showing the amount you were paid. Any unemployment compensation received must be included in your income.

If you received unemployment compensation, you may be required to make quarterly estimated tax payments. However, you can choose to have federal income tax withheld. For more information, refer to Form W-4V, Voluntary Withholding Request

ontop of all of that, if it were so easy to find a job, the national unemployment rate would not be at a 25 year high.. over 13%

B

Budweiser KDL

If you received unemployment compensation during the year, you should receive Form 1099-G, showing the amount you were paid. Any unemployment compensation received must be included in your income.

If you received unemployment compensation, you may be required to make quarterly estimated tax payments. However, you can choose to have federal income tax withheld. For more information, refer to Form W-4V, Voluntary Withholding Request

ontop of all of that, if it were so easy to find a job, the national unemployment rate would not be at a 25 year high.. over 13%
Must be why I only get 1 or 2 people per week looking for a job where I work now. When it was 5 on average per day 6 months ago. And depending on your state you might not have to pay any state taxes, but need to claim the income. Like I said...milk the system.

PM what state you live in if you want.

Istoli/Anubis

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i would like to thank all of you for paying taxes over the years so i can go to school for free and spend my money on other things.

*hugs all around*

Hail Satan

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i would like to thank all of you for paying taxes over the years so i can go to school for free and spend my money on other things.

*hugs all around*
we give you federal student grants because you've earned it and we expect you to go to work every day and pay 3-5 times more in taxes (returning that money back in the system a hundred fold or more).

so, you're welcome and thank you.

R

Rand Al

granted, im not going to go work at BK for $200 a week when i was working for $100 a day doing security and i make more on UI.
That just proves the whole reason unemployment does not work. Just cause you had a higher paying job does not mean you half to have one that pays what you were making. I see people working at fast food places every time i go to one they are making it. And yea you do cost people like me money being on it i pay a large unemployment tax. What they need to do is cut your benefits in half so you do take the job for less pay but still receive a little tell you can adapt your lifestyle to the lower income.

C

CoRreCt mEth0ds

And yea you do cost people like me money being on it i pay a large unemployment tax. What they need to do is cut your benefits in half so you do take the job for less pay but still receive a little tell you can adapt your lifestyle to the lower income.
The unemployment insurance program is operated on general insurance principles wherein the employer pays the premium, with the exception of the reimbursable employers who are self-insured and, therefore, reimburse the Department for benefits actually paid to former employees.

C

CoRreCt mEth0ds

maybe we shouldent worry so much about what other people are doing eh?
you just wish id go away so you could pretend to have a decent guild and feel good about being a guildmaster, ro[FL]

Wargasm11

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im just worried about those meddling kids in the food court thats missing its rentacop

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Um, I kind of have to side with the grammatically incorrect on this one. I looked for jobs for a very long time in a very big city. I was a full time students with 20 credits every term. I had no car as I was already paying $6,000 a quarter (10 weeks) for school with loans and grants, and adding parking and insurance would have been another $1000, and therefore my job had to be within a certain distance. Even then, jobs were not able to work with my schedule or they thought I was unqualified when I had worked in many jobs (mind you, I'm only 20 so while I did work in highschool, it was for short periods of time like summer and winter) and I was a very flexible worker. I applied to at least 13 jobs a week via internet and newspaper ads, and I always called to make sure they received it and knew that I was eager to join whatever team there was.
Now, I'm not going to get into the debate about tax dollars (because, while you may not be unemplyed now, there's a likely hood you someday will be and won't you be glad to have it?), however I can tell you it's pretty hard to get a job as a college student. I moved to Korea to work as a teacher as a last resort and I don't even make great money (about $300 a week). I am praying that this will help me get a job in the states, but Oregon's unemployment rating is one of the highest in the country (last I checked it was 15%). My own parents have been laid off from jobs they worked at for 5-7 years and they had hard times finding jobs as well. It all depends on where you live, imo. So while 15 year old hot **** over there has a job flipping burgers that makes him a whole $200 big whoppers every week, he's probably living in a big town in a state, while some of us live in smaller ones with ****ty unemployment rates.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Must be why I only get 1 or 2 people per week looking for a job where I work now. When it was 5 on average per day 6 months ago. And depending on your state you might not have to pay any state taxes, but need to claim the income. Like I said...milk the system.

PM what state you live in if you want.
So how many people did you hire full time?

Most employers are hiring part time younger adults/students so they can pay them less money. I have been on UI for awhile now and even if I got a job at BK (and I have applied) they would still pay me UI because it is far less than what I was making. UI is something you have earned, it is not a free hand out.

P

pacific lily

I'm really not sure what is funnier... that a 15 year old thinks he knows ANYTHING about unemployment or the working world, or that someone would argue with him. Either way, this was entertaining.

to the OP... I hope you find a good job dude.

Lily

R

Rand Al

Unemployment is not the bad thing here it is that people get payed more to be on it then to find a job abusing it. Yes you do pay into it as a employee depending on what you make monthly is how high it is your employer matches it the money goes to the state as a STATE TAX just cause they posted a fancy name to it don't mean it isn't a tax if you or your employer didn't half to pay it you would make more!. I pay allot into this cause the premiums have gone up cause more people are on it. Most people that get on it i think start off at 450 bucks a week or so (Sargon correct me if i am wrong). If you take that to 250 a week and get them to get a part time job it will help out a bunch and it will ween em off it. After unemployment some people go to welfare which is the devil!

R

Rand Al

SchezwanBeefy i am in Oregon and yes it is at a good ol 13% cause Cessna closed down and about 40% of the mills went poof it is unfortunate.
As a student you are doing well if you are still in school i would rather my tax $$ go to peoples schooling so later they can have jobs. I wouldn't expect a student to have a full time job and have over a full time of school. Maybe Sargon can take a look at collage grants and see if he can get a education to be more than a security guard. If your job is not in demand change it there is a world wide shortage of nurses, X-Ray techs, Pharmacist, and many other medical areas. Hay the army wants you to! Also i see places highering like Target, Bestbuy, Safeway, ect... sales reps for products and banking jobs i see em advertised on job sites i looked before i did this augment!

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It might be a good idea to wait until you are no longer someone elses burden before brandishing your opinion on adult matters. Truth is, you have yet to experience the real world and are still in training wheels regarding work and even life itself.

That is not a bad thing mind you...youth can be a great deal of fun. Enjoy it while it lasts...

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unemployment is not the bad thing here it is that people get payed more to be on it then to find a job abusing it. Yes you do pay into it as a employee depending on what you make monthly is how high it is your employer matches it the money goes to the state as a STATE TAX just cause they posted a fancy name to it don't mean it isn't a tax if you or your employer didn't half to pay it you would make more!. I pay allot into this cause the premiums have gone up cause more people are on it. Most people that get on it i think start off at 450 bucks a week or so (Sargon correct me if i am wrong). If you take that to 250 a week and get them to get a part time job it will help out a bunch and it will ween em off it. After unemployment some people go to welfare which is the devil!
Unemployment here is roughly 60% of wages.

There are many disabled American people in this nation who do not have the capacity to work, or are too old to work, or that injury prevents from working.

Welfare is not the devil, it is people who misuse it that are.

That is all...

R

Rand Al

Unemployment here is roughly 60% of wages.

There are many disabled American people in this nation who do not have the capacity to work, or are too old to work, or that injury prevents from working.

Welfare is not the devil, it is people who misuse it that are.

That is all...
Disabled people are on a different thing called disability social security which is ok with me. Also workmans comp if it is a temporary injury which is also payed by the employer and employee.
Who on welfare does not abuse it?

R

Rand Al

ol setitoff you got to take in account your mom is paying housing food medical ect for you it is hard out there i can understand where Sargon is having trouble. But to say I'm not taking a job cause it does not pay me what i was making and I'm making more on unemployment that's just bs.

hakeem

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Ok at 15 you don't know a thing about life. Try feeding a family of 3, a mortgage and a car payment with a bk job.
Try workin 20 years for a thankless jerk who decides to cash out all his stock and split yanking 7/10's of company property with him in the process.
I have felt for you when some of these guys nail you for your age, but to come in here and try to tell grown men and women how much you know about the economy, and work, life, and finance, you must be f'in insane or blatantly ********.
Wanna call this an R/L statement mods? You damn right it is.
Now whip out some horsecrap r/l threat like you have done to others here. I will happily mail yer ass a bus ticket to my house.

hakeem

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually Bud, federal and state taxes are taken from my UI each and every week. MY Insurance is paid from my UI each and every week. Food stamps? HAH! To supplement my food budget, I fish, and kill all the nice tasty fur bearing critters people love to crush on.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Disabled people are on a different thing called disability social security which is ok with me. Also workmans comp if it is a temporary injury which is also payed by the employer and employee.
Who on welfare does not abuse it?
Ok...so do you consider ssi to be welfare? If so...most of the senior citizens in this nation collect from it...****ing leeches.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ol setitoff you got to take in account your mom is paying housing food medical ect for you it is hard out there i can understand where Sargon is having trouble. But to say I'm not taking a job cause it does not pay me what i was making and I'm making more on unemployment that's just bs.
Until people realize there is only so much money to go around, the argument from beginning to end is moot and pointless. By taking a job for less than you are worth and making someone else more money than they deserve, you are doing nothing to solve the overall problem. Greed in this nation is overwhelming...and no you cannot have my piece of teh piez...I am hungry too.

hakeem

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Until people realize there is only so much money to go around, the argument from beginning to end is moot and pointless. By taking a job for less than you are worth and making someone else more money than they deserve, you are doing nothing to solve the overall problem. Greed in this nation is overwhelming...and no you cannot have my piece of teh piez...I am hungry too.
Well put Cowboy.
btw.. your avatar scares the bejeebus out of my son. nice!

R

Rand Al

Ok...so do you consider ssi to be welfare? If so...most of the senior citizens in this nation collect from it...****ing leeches.
No social security is not welfare there is a huge difference your entire life you pay into social security so you can have 600-1200 a month when you get to old to work. But we have dipped into social security to pay for those on welfare so welfare is the devil!

R

Rand Al

Are you sure you are worth what you think you are when your skills or lack there of are not needed?

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No social security is not welfare there is a huge difference your entire life you pay into social security so you can have 600-1200 a month when you get to old to work. But we have dipped into social security to pay for those on welfare so welfare is the devil!
I think you should take some time and re-educate yourself on the subject. I mentioned earlier that there is only so much money to be had. Once those on top have all the money, who do you think is left to help the widower mother of 4? When this nation decided that money was more important than community, we made a critical error in judgement. As a result, we shall all have to pay for years.

Speaking of welfare...ever take the time to think about the growing debt our nation owes to China? The whole nation is on welfare buddy, what do you think happens when China decides to cut us off? Think about it...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This thread has no relevancy to the topic of this forum, ie the happenings of UO Pacific shard. If you wish to continue this conversation please make a thread in UHall OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.