• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Understanding the Changes to Specials

G

Hello,

I'm just looking for verification that what I've read and understood is actually correct

Since the change that requires tactics for specials, all weapon specials need a certain level of tactics to execute, such as Bleed Attack or Double Strike, with the exception of any special that already requires another skill, for example infectious strike (poisoning), shadow strike (hiding/stealth) or Feint (Ninjitsu/Bushindo) and also the 2 wrestling specials.

Is this correct?

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yup.

The primary special move on a weapon requires 85 tactics, and the secondary requires 90 tactics.

This is (I think) the ONLY requirement in UO which cannot be buffed by jewels. If you haven't got the REAL skill level in tactics, you cannot perform the special moves.

I don't know about Feint, but Infectious Strike and Shadow Strike are exempt from the tactics requirement as long as you have poisoning / hiding.

edit

I'm not sure what the hiding / poisoning requirements are, but Fluffi can use Infectious Strike (the secondary skill on her cleaver) with 85 tactics and 80 poisoning, so I guess that 90 skill in hiding/nox is not required for secondary moves.

G

Thanks you two

Wanted to check I didn't need tactics on my assassin. She's got enough room for one more skill and I didn't want to be forced to have tactics

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After your post, I went and checked, and you might not be happy with the results:

The assassin:

Hiding - 100
Stealth - 115
Poisoning - 100
Swords - 100
Tactics - 0

Shadow Strike with skinning knife (primary move) = OK
Infectious Strike with cleaver (secondary move) = cant do
Shadow Strike with cutlass (secondary move) = cant do

I'm not sure how that tallies with Fluffi:

Swords - 110
Poisoning - 80
Tactics - 85+

Infecting with knife (primary) = OK
Disarm with knife (secondary) = not until tactics is 90
Bleed with cleaver (primary) = OK
Infecting with cleaver (secondary) = OK

It would seem that some secondary moves require 90 tactics, and some dont, regardless of nox/hiding.

K

Kamelbarn

You need 70 tactics and weapon skill for your primary special move, 90 for the secondary. Not 85 and 90.

simonovsk

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
+1 Kamel

Also, I'd like to verify something somebody told me. He said there is another case when item buffs are not taken into consideration : when someone tries to reveal you in fel, the + stealth bonuses you might have won't count.

Same with the ninja's special moves that use stealth as a factor in determining the amount of damage dealt.

Is that true?