• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Unable to place where I have placed twice before

Kristy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I am trying to place an 18x18 in a place I have placed one twice before. I have tried in both clients. I understand about the land may change with an update and all that, but the weird thing is, when I place the gump right where the foundation should place and hit ok, it kicks me to where the house sign would be, but it does not place. I am quite sure of my placement as there is a statue on the ground that I know I need to place the sign several paces from.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Morgana Grim

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Start out with a smaller 3 story size and work your way back up to the 18x18 to see if you can get it to show. DO NOT confirm, just test place. Another thing, do you currently own a house? Or have you recently placed a house then demoed and are "under timer"?
Edit to add ~ what I usually do is use 9x14 and hit all the outside edges with test placing to make sure nothing with the plot has changed...then start going like 15x15, 16x16 and so on with the test placing. Good luck!!

Kristy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Start out with a smaller 3 story size and work your way back up to the 18x18 to see if you can get it to show. DO NOT confirm, just test place. Another thing, do you currently own a house? Or have you recently placed a house then demoed and are "under timer"?
Edit to add ~ what I usually do is use 9x14 and hit all the outside edges with test placing to make sure nothing with the plot has changed...then start going like 15x15, 16x16 and so on with the test placing. Good luck!!
Hi Morgana, thanks for replying I qam just coming back to game after several months away, so I know I dont have a house as my last house was in this very spot and I had packed everything up and demolished the house. I also have not tried to place,a,house in any other spot, as,this as I logged in to my char, made sure I had gold, and instantly tried to replace. I am absolutly sure I have enodd gold in the bank as well.

I will try your advice and see if I am able to place there at all anymore. Thanks again!

Kristy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Was able unable to place a house in this spot. I suspect a log and a rock in the upper left hand corner were preventing the placement. Was kind of a bummer too because it was on a little “personal” lake within the Trinsic jungle. And the only other person that was able to place there was my husband.. but yea, no placement, but I did find another spot for an 18x18....just not quite as pretty.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there something about having the play screen in the upper left corner? Evenly placed along the edge?

Morgana Grim

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah that is a bummer!! Well at least you found an 18x18 spot. I would suggest keep trying from time to time. You never know one day it might hit again!

Kristy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Yes I had the play screen in the upper left hand corner. I tried both the CC and the EC, I stopped short of standing on my head and wiggeling my left ear while twitching my nose. It just wouldnt go down. But the nice thing about where I placed my new one is, my husband can still place next to me, so I guess not all is lost.