• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Unable to log using standalone

Steeldragonz

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I just tried to log in onto Steeldragonz. the Game gave me the hang out complete notification, i saw my char outside the crypt where i left her, and then as it was loading my inventory etc... it closes the game.

To see if it was a client issue i logged in as a guest and everything was fine. So there is something wrong with my character/position/ something else which i kinda would of liked to play right now.

edit : i have managed to log using the web client, going to move my char to a new place and try using the standalone again.

After having deleted the client from PC and in my /appdata/ i let it redownload everything and i am able to log in as guest in the cave fine and play fine. But when i go to log Steeldragonz, i get "Fatal Error in GC - Open of log file failed".

So it seems for now im back to using browser [which i personally would rather not do], Please could you post me all locations that are using on C: for the standalone client so i can try and make sure i remove all files and logs and try a completely fresh install to see if its something in my chars inv/clashing with the client or if there is another reason for the Standalone to suddenly hate me.

[Note i have only used the standalone since starting, as im not a fan of fully browser based things, its one of the reason i picked the game up after originally noticing the words broswer based]

Steeldragonz

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
i fixed it, seems that the client doesnt like logging with a different resolution to that i logged out on. [logged out at 5760*1080] with the client defaulting to 800*600 when i start it before i maximize the screen to either 1920*1080 or 5760*1080 for screenshots and surround gaming. This i guess has to do with the way the client remembers window postions based on %pixels from 0,0. meaning that when i went to logging at 1920*1080 technically some of the windows couldnt exist.

Anyway thats my theory right or wrong for now my standalone and char are fixed and its back to fun times.