• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Unable to complete KR patch

T

TRDACT

Hi all

New to game - just started with the 2D client. Downloaded the KR client from a link on the UO site, over 2GB, took ages.

So, fired up the game, it has patched about 600MB of KR files but then stopped with a message saying it is unable to complete patching as I may have the wrong client version. It then says I can risk playing anyway but the OK button is grayed out and all I can do is cancel.

Would appreciate advice on what I need to do to get the game fully patched so I can play 3D. Must say it is rather poor to be told I have the wrong client when it came from the official site.

Apologies for any typos, posting from my mobile in the hope I may get help by the time I get home from work.

Vesta

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Both clients are funky when it comes to patching. Best to probably uninstall and remember delete the folders, then reinstall.

Good luck

T

TRDACT

Both clients are funky when it comes to patching. Best to probably uninstall and remember delete the folders, then reinstall.

Good luck
Thanks, will save that as a 2nd last option (last will be bin the game and avoid the grief).

Hopefully someone has been able to fix patch problems other than by complete reinstallation (which could just hit the same problem all over again).

Really want to give the game a go but not starting off too well.

B

butthead owns

Hi all

New to game - just started with the 2D client. Downloaded the KR client from a link on the UO site, over 2GB, took ages.

So, fired up the game, it has patched about 600MB of KR files but then stopped with a message saying it is unable to complete patching as I may have the wrong client version. It then says I can risk playing anyway but the OK button is grayed out and all I can do is cancel.

Would appreciate advice on what I need to do to get the game fully patched so I can play 3D. Must say it is rather poor to be told I have the wrong client when it came from the official site.

Apologies for any typos, posting from my mobile in the hope I may get help by the time I get home from work.
well reason is sometimes when downloading kb it misses a file and then when u install it it wont patch go back and detle the game folder and go under ea game folder in your program files and erase it then re download it and it will work when kb first came out it took me 4 downloads and installs to finally get it right good luck and have a great day