• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

ummm...

N

NightFlyer

Could be the visitor had left the property already as the scroll bar is not at the bottom. Just an observation.

Not that I believe this nonsense.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

I just had a person come to my lot and tell me he could see me via my webcam with a program called Webcam Watcher that supposedly TSO allows. I thought he was messing with me until he started telling me what I was wearing and what not. Whats up with that? Thats a complete invasion of privacy. I didnt even have the cam turned on..... How can TSO allow something like ths? He said it worked on the IP that you log into the game with..

[/ QUOTE ]

Duh. I thought everyone knew this was an option? I'm watching you right now, boring as it is. (Don't knock that drink onto your keyboard, by the way.) And, I have the multi-cam running (I had to pay extra, it isn't included in the freebie accounts) so I can see several of the posters in this thread. THROUGH the socks and tape, by the way -- I had to pay extra for that, too.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

with all due respect Donavan wouldn't that be male bovine minutia? unless you are referring to a flatulant bovine

[/ QUOTE ]
Closest I can come to the actual phrase.
Besides, both are particulate.

[/ QUOTE ]The word you may be looking for is effluence, as in, Male Bovine Effluence.

V

vapd3317

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I just had a person come to my lot and tell me he could see me via my webcam with a program called Webcam Watcher that supposedly TSO allows. I thought he was messing with me until he started telling me what I was wearing and what not. Whats up with that? Thats a complete invasion of privacy. I didnt even have the cam turned on..... How can TSO allow something like ths? He said it worked on the IP that you log into the game with..

[/ QUOTE ]

Duh. I thought everyone knew this was an option? I'm watching you right now, boring as it is. (Don't knock that drink onto your keyboard, by the way.) And, I have the multi-cam running (I had to pay extra, it isn't included in the freebie accounts) so I can see several of the posters in this thread. THROUGH the socks and tape, by the way -- I had to pay extra for that, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

EEEEEEEK...*covers up*

G

<blockquote><hr>

Interesting, very interesting indeed.
Useless Facts:
There is no one on franks web.
He is 0 days old.
He owns Frank's Hot Dogs.

[/ QUOTE ]Looks at picture again...

As has been pointed out, there are only two people on the lot - one owner, and one roomie. However, looking at the chat window - isn't owner/roomie chat always blue (light blue for owner, dark blue for roomies)?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

EEEEEEEK...*covers up*

[/ QUOTE ]*lets it all hang out*

G

Those were useless facts!
I don't know about any of it. LMAO
The arrow is white on the bottom as someone pointed out. There is room for one line at the bottom. It could have said Frank left the property.
I do not believe what Frank said though. I think it is a practical joke.

I

imported_debslee

My 2cents worth on this is that I think that this topic has been created to give everyone something to talk about and I think that is a practical joke on the forum to get everyone whipped up into a frenzie!

G

Thats why I always play NAKED. And I leave my camera on all the time and my IP address is on my bio.

The longest anyone has watched is for 3 seconds, if you dont count the neighbor who tried to use my wireless connection. She passed out and had to call EMS and the police.

V

VitArm

<blockquote><hr>

Thats why I always play NAKED. And I leave my camera on all the time and my IP address is on my bio.

The longest anyone has watched is for 3 seconds, if you dont count the neighbor who tried to use my wireless connection. She passed out and had to call EMS and the police.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMFAOOOOOOO

I

imported_Danny Dots

I don't think this is possible at all.

And if it is... thank god i dont have a webcam

G

<blockquote><hr>

Urmm &amp; WTF!!

*checks to see if it's April 1st yet - nope not here it aint*

[/ QUOTE ]

Hope they don't catch me with my pants down!

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

I still doubt this,

I don't think is possible for a webcam to be turned on by a person on a different computer.

But

Thanks to this thread, Im using my web cam's privacy visor for the first time lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong depending on the type of webcame such as mine, it sometimes can turn on like auto....mine does it all the times and sometimes i realize it and other times i've had it on for a few hrs

G

at least he was nice enough to tell you so you could fix the problem. Thank god you weren't playing in the nude.

A

Alynn

Frank N Stein is an avatar that was in TC3 before the merge. Know him well and this is bull. Someone is trying to cause trouble.

D

dinaj

Yeah I know him as well, he had a body house in Tc3 and all this crap is sooo not like him.

G

Ok, first off... I didnt post this to be flamed or harassed. I simply wanted to see if it was possible. Someone came to my lot and strangely enough was able to tell me this stuff. Wouldnt you be a bit alarmed? And YES, there are some 3rd party programs that CAN remotely activate a webcam. As for the screenshot. I had just booted the guy and scrolled up to show the claim he had made. Sorry for posting such a uselss thread. I thought thats what this forum was for but obviously I was wrong..

G

We must be talking about a different Frank lol. The one I know loves to play practical jokes and other such silly kid games. Hes hilarious, I would think its a joke. But just in case if anyone wants to watch me sit at the puter all day I think it would be dreadfully boring (just ask my ex) they are welcome to try. Oh thats right the webcam isnt hooked up!

I

imported_julilyn

seriously now.

It IS quite possible that another person can 'hack" into your webcam and view you without your permission. The key thing here is you claim that at the time this happened your webcam was off.

Since you HAVE a web cam,I am assuming that you have used it to allow others to view you.

Is it then possible that THIS person is someone who had viewed you in the past AND is it possible that his happened late at night or early in am when it is a given that you would be in your jammies OR is it possible that you had mentioned BEING in your jammies at a simular time in room chat sometime before this? OR that ANOTHER simmer could have mentioned at some point " it was soo cute! I saw ------in his red hearts pjs last night" ?

It could also be possible that the celing thing was then a lucky guess.

Unfortunatly, is is a twisted hobby of some people to gather info on someone over time and then piece together info to freak them out later.

there is also a new law in the USA where you can actually press charges on someone using thier email or ip address for incidences that happen on messege boards utube myspace and anything online .

I

imported_julilyn

BTW Niki? that purple teddy with the feathered boa looks DARLING on you and that plant behind you, next to the chair on the left needs watering.

G

<blockquote><hr>

We must be talking about a different Frank lol. The one I know loves to play practical jokes and other such silly kid games. Hes hilarious, I would think its a joke. But just in case if anyone wants to watch me sit at the puter all day I think it would be dreadfully boring (just ask my ex) they are welcome to try. Oh thats right the webcam isnt hooked up!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nikki and I know the same Frank and he is the one depicted in that screen shot as far as same sim head and everything, so I still believe that *this* is a non-malicious early April Fool's joke. I do not believe it was posted to garner any attention or to ruffle feathers, I think it was posted to be an 'all in good fun' type of thing, which is the spirit in which I took it so I really hope from Frank's next reply that nobody else is giving him a hard time about this....there's nothing wrong with trying to interject a little humor amongst all the hostility and mudslinging.

I

imported_julilyn

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

and HOW,praytell did she call the police and ems if she was passed out?

G

According to Webcam Watcher's site your webcam must be added to their list and categorized before it can be viewed by the program.

In order to activate someone's webcam that is turned off, you would need software access to their computer and webcam, and all means of doing this are absolutely illegal (Trojans etc...)

You may be able to access a webcam that is turned on, through yahoo or msn or some such thing, without a person's knowledge, but this particular program has no means of doing that.

So, for the one who posted the thread, as far as using that program to see you on your cam, it is 100% impossible unless you have added your cam to their list.

edit: read CBrewton5 's reply (Frenchee!
) and I agree that's probably it, just leaving this up to put people's minds at ease

G

This is Frank N Stein' with an apostophe. Also in a different city. Although there is a Frank N Stein without the apostrophe that looks identical in EA Land.