• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] umm what happens here?

M

Monty Burns

Looks like I will need scuba gear and a shovel to get this one...

I guess at least I know it is in Trammel somewhere.

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uh, you are right. The visible coast matches the coast north of Empath Abbey (Yew Bank). Didn't know there was a tiny island there.

Stratics Map

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It should be 97'38''N, 59'54''W. There is one tile of land there, should check anyways.

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just checked the location, it is the coordinates from above, you can actually dig it, just target that tile. Keep us posted!

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was able to dig up a chest pointing a location at the sea, however I couldnt reach the chests afterwards:

Serpent pillar inside the green circle.

Chest is found using the image comparison method.

Slight mis-calculation of the strength of the spawn.

Chests disarmed, but can not be reached.

Maybe I could reach them using a galleon. I was too tired to go to the sea market.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was able to dig up a chest pointing a location at the sea, however I couldnt reach the chests afterwards:

I have no idea how you were able to find the chest.

I mean, you talk about map comparison but the treasure map shows just a needle with water around.

It could be anywere on the sea. There is no landmark to relate to in order to even try to have an idea of where to look.........

How did you ever find the spot ?

More importantly, how could you mine in the water to dig out the chest ??

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have pointed out (even circled) the serpent pillar at the first image. I use UOCartographer (not tilted, EC map) and the map together. The treasure maps are actually 50% resized versions of the actual maps (using nearest neighboor algorithm), so you can take a screenshot, zoom them and use a half zoomed uocartographer screen and add a marker at the point the needle is pointing.

For this particular map, I just aligned the serpent pillars and added a marker at the point the needle is located at uocartographer. Petra added a more detailed image on the treasure hunting page of stratics. For the digging, I just target the map with a shovel then target the water. You should try it yourself.

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've read your post again popps and if you just went back and read my original post again, then check the first image and the green circle around the serpent pillar, the same map on the second image where the serpent pillar again can be seen (even on the atlas map, but its a little higher on the atlas map since it is tilted), you could have seen the landmark I've used.

This skeptic approach towards other user's posts is a general tone in stratics. I think too many users claimed non-plausible things in the past, so that nobody believes the information on another user's post anymore. Your post actually has more words than my original post with three question marks and nine consecutive dots. If you could just actually read the post again or check the images before you posted.