• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ultimate PvM Tamer/Mage suit, help plz!

S

sayler04

I'm trying to refine my tamer/mage with the best equipment can, and I'm not super-familiar with alot of the new equipment out there, replicas and slithers and such. The char im working on has the following template:

eval 115
magery 110
med 115
lore 115
taming 102.3
vet 114.6

str 87
dex 55
int 120

I want to max out magery, lore & taming, I think,& reduce eval proportionately. (any advice there, template wise, is welcome).
the suit has the following stats:

phys: 70
fire: 70
poison: 70
cold: 70
energy: 70

LRC 100
HCI 8
Enhance Potions 20
SDI 28
FCR 1
FC 1
LMC 15
M-regen 2
DCI 10
int +22
hp +3

basically, its the spring cleaning mage suit, a shroud of the condemned, nocturne earrings (for night sight), and a scrappers. I have the bleue jewel set but currently need taming buffs so I don't use it when I have my gd.

this char's used for pvm, particularly imbuing and resource hunting. I'd like some advice, plz, on what talismans, shoes, aprons, etc, would be best for taking up the auxiliary slots.

thanks in advance!

rhaege

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Using Imbuing you can get a Great Mage Suit, But as a tamer the [et does the work

here the mods mine add with resists
Phy - 74 Fire - 80 Cold - 74 Poison - 74 engr - 77
LRC 100
LMC 41
SDI 32
DCI 10
MR 12
MI 48
HPI 30
Tame 20
Mage 30

Now this char is a mage tamer with Spell Weaving
I have no problems ANYWHERE

PVM of course but I can do ok in support of Fel Spawns.

O

Old Man of UO

Re: Using Imbuing you can get a Great Mage Suit, But as a tamer the [et does the wor

here the mods mine add with resists
Phy - 74 Fire - 80 Cold - 74 Poison - 74 engr - 77
LRC 100
LMC 41
SDI 32
DCI 10
MR 12
MI 48
HPI 30
Can you describe your pieces? I am putting together a new suit and am not sure where to start.

J

[JD]

the spring cleaning suit (sorceror's armor) is more for a collector. imbuing can make much better, so i suggest you ditch it

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
the spring cleaning suit (sorceror's armor) is more for a collector. imbuing can make much better, so i suggest you ditch it
This x 100. Having 40 lmc, 8-12 mr, and appropriate fc/fcr is vital to your success as a mage/tamer. The sorcerer's suit has no mr and very low lmc. It’s also very expensive.

Imbued armor, fortified by a couple of arties, will make for a much better, much cheaper suit. As noted in the thread linked above, your desired stats for a PvM mage/tamer are 100 lrc, 40 lmc, 8-12 mr, 2/6 fc/fcr (4/6 for weaver/mage/tamer), and mid-60s resists.