• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Ultima Online Newsletter

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like that bug publish is going to be a littttttle while out.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
"3. Is it possible to get a repair-bench type item that would allow storage and use of multiple repair deeds?

Yes, this would work well for our previous crafting-themed power tools and look at expanding that list based on this suggestion."

^^^^

That would be really helpful. My only comment would be I hope it is not a high-end veteran item, but rather something be more readily available for everyone, i.e., UO store item, craftable, turn-in point item, maybe even some type of drop somewhere, or adding to an existing system like Blackthorn's.

Equally, a "repair deeds book", similar to the SoT and SoA books, would also be an easy option here for repair deeds.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2. Can we have account wide points for turn in points?

While it would be difficult to retroactively change these systems to provide account-wide access to turn-in points we have thought of other solutions that allow players to aggregate points on a single character on the account. One such solution would be a way you could cash out your points and get a "point check" that would allow you to transfer points to other characters.
Checks aren't a good idea. Any physical item that holds a currency is a bad idea.

While I can imagine having points accoutwide might pose a problem, why not make them shard-wide? Could be another number just like gold is currently...

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"After we publish out Endless Journey we are going to do a bug publish"

YEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LAZIO!!!!!!!!!

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The town crier thing sounds good.

we would love your input as to which bugs you would like to see fixed the most.
all of them....at least all the ones that have been confirmed by your team. :D

That bugs list must be oppressive.

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Player events will be part of the new town crier.

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The town crier change sounds good. It improves communication with players.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It will probably be fixing the bugs that endless journey creates.
Naw, They might finally be fixing bugs from AOS. It will be at least 10yrs before they fix bugs endless journey creates.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Checks aren't a good idea. Any physical item that holds a currency is a bad idea.

While I can imagine having points accoutwide might pose a problem, why not make them shard-wide? Could be another number just like gold is currently...
I don't remember anybody asking for "account wide" sharing, they asked for the points to be shared accross all chars on the same shard.
Equally with the repair bench.....it was asked long ago for the repair book and they agreed it was a good idea.....but we all know they only remember stuff from one meet to the next....
If only somebody would invent a means to record information........

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I think it's not a bad idea so long as those checks are account/shard bound, just sharing between characters on the same shard is what most of us wanted. I have put points onto the wrong person a few times and it's just annoying.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Please list all the bug you know of HERE, so we can tell you which ones we want fixed first. TY ( i know, bad idea, smile, its all good)
As a reminder, if you have bugs to report, send them to the official emails. Discussion of exploits or way to re-produce bugs should not be posted here on Stratics.

Per the Rules of Conduct, which can be found here: Rules of Conduct | Stratics Community Forums, under the Content tab:

"The following types of content are not allowed on Stratics: Posts containing or linking to information concerning or relating to the execution of bugs or exploits in a way they can be reproduced."

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hell I only saw an advisor once LOL. And that was right after it started... I thought they were gone a long time ago.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We had an advisor on Siege, he would pop in and say this " ok Im going back to my shard to play". That's all I ever heard from him.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The Atlantic advisors were actually pretty good, and I saw them around often just hanging out in Luna bank answering questions. There were lots of them who barely logged in at all for the other shards though. One of them was in my guild, and he just didn't care enough to leave Atlantic to go to his assigned advisor shard more than an hour or so per week.

That's the flaw with not allowing people to be staff members on their home shard. They aren't going to leave their home shard where they can talk to people and do things, to instead go wander around aimlessly on dead shards where they might get one question per day to answer on their advisor account.

If they worked on their home shard, at least they would be around to see when people need help, and then could log in their advisor account to help the person.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Atlantic advisors were actually pretty good, and I saw them around often just hanging out in Luna bank answering questions. There were lots of them who barely logged in at all for the other shards though. One of them was in my guild, and he just didn't care enough to leave Atlantic to go to his assigned advisor shard more than an hour or so per week.

That's the flaw with not allowing people to be staff members on their home shard. They aren't going to leave their home shard where they can talk to people and do things, to instead go wander around aimlessly on dead shards where they might get one question per day to answer on their advisor account.

If they worked on their home shard, at least they would be around to see when people need help, and then could log in their advisor account to help the person.
:twak: Bad Norry, Bad!! quit making sense.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Another thing about if you worked on your home shard you would know histories... and who is trustworthy and who's probably full of BS... But then there could be bad blood on your home shard as well...

There are good and bad reasons for not allowing advisers to work on their home shard. Many of the reasons are so you won't help your friends cheat... how I really don't know... since I'm not sure what an adviser can or cannot do.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are good and bad reasons for not allowing advisers to work on their home shard. Many of the reasons are so you won't help your friends cheat... how I really don't know... since I'm not sure what an adviser can or cannot do.
There's no good reason for it.

Advisors can move players & NPCs... (very easy to abuse, for Direct-to-pack drops)
Advisors can do whatever they have the power to do, while remaining invisible to other players. (easy to get away with an abuse of power, if it's difficult to tell exactly who is doing things).

I know some (all?) advisors are able to use their "special accounts" on multiple shards as well, which clearly expands their ability to abuse power in low-traffic areas.

Also, I can tell you Advisor accounts are also eligible for Veteran Rewards....

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There's no good reason for it.

Advisors can move players & NPCs... (very easy to abuse, for Direct-to-pack drops)
Advisors can do whatever they have the power to do, while remaining invisible to other players. (easy to get away with an abuse of power, if it's difficult to tell exactly who is doing things).

I know some (all?) advisors are able to use their "special accounts" on multiple shards as well, which clearly expands their ability to abuse power in low-traffic areas.

Also, I can tell you Advisor accounts are also eligible for Veteran Rewards....
Well here is the sad fact... if those "advisors" really gave a damn about UO and honestly cared about the job they were hired to do instead of wanting a way to cheat and scam...

Sadly though the environment that the DEVs have bred in the last 6 or 8 years has been one of PURE GREED... so most of the players left are ones that follow the current environment... so they are hiring out of a pool of players who have fed on the greed... What do they expect?

I know a few folk who would do a great job as advisors and not cheat... because they have a passion for the game that is stronger than greed... but none of them are advisors.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Sad fact that the best person for the job is often not the person who would want to do that job. There are dozens of people who would make great Advisers, if only they were asked!

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sad fact that the best person for the job is often not the person who would want to do that job. There are dozens of people who would make great Advisers, if only they were asked!
Yup, theres a few that sit at Brit bank on Europa EVERY night from 6pm till 7pm to help new or returning players.
They do this without being asked and without reward.....or even thanks sometimes.
I wont name names as i'm sure they wouldn't want to be singled out but they know who they are and they are held in very high reguard amongst the players of Europa. ;)
:ten: