• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Ultima Online Newsletter

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The thing is...it's on ATLANTIC....you said yourself not everyone plays there..so why would you want a house there? ;)

It's mainly for Atlantic people, which makes sense...yes I know EVERYONE wants an Atlantic Luna house....lord knows why....
I wanna win it so I can make it a dirt plot and change the name to "Placed here cause I could. Back to siege!" :p

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What does the sentence
"On TC1 I will also be placing the Raffle Stone for the three (3) Grandfather houses we will be giving away in Malas or Vesper (space permitting on the selected shard) for the 20th Anniversary."
Specially the "(space permitting on the selected shard)" means?
If you choose Atlantic, it will be a 7x7? I am missing the word Castle in it.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What does the sentence
"On TC1 I will also be placing the Raffle Stone for the three (3) Grandfather houses we will be giving away in Malas or Vesper (space permitting on the selected shard) for the 20th Anniversary."
Specially the "(space permitting on the selected shard)" means?
If you choose Atlantic, it will be a 7x7? I am missing the word Castle in it.
You can't pick vesper if the vesper location already has housing placed on the shard of your choice.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I cant look up past newsletters easily right not.

I thought the original announcement said they would be giving away castles. That fit with the new castle designs very well. Or is this a different thing.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They are giving away 3 castles at the party.
They are giving away 3 castles by lotto on a stone in Haven-announced at the party.
They can be in either mmalas or vesper, depending on which shard has room for one in those locations.

They will be giving away castles to the winners of the design contest (this won't come to fruition for years) so dont worray about it
[edit] No giveaway castles to the design winners, the designs chosen will be named after the designer-my bad lol

They will be giving away clops' Luna houses by lotton on a stone in front of each house-atlantic shard, and obviously in luna.

no 7x7 mentioned anywhere

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Found one i forgot.

The damn account management site. Dont get me started on that pile of... not to mention they already said it would be taken care of and then never mentioned it again. Pathetic.
One other you forgot...

Bite the bullet, invest the money to fix one or the other - and to even figure out what to "fix", and decide on a client. It's crazy that they're running 2 clients with the size of the team they have, and think that continuing to do so somehow makes any sense.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One other you forgot...

Bite the bullet, invest the money to fix one or the other - and to even figure out what to "fix", and decide on a client. It's crazy that they're running 2 clients with the size of the team they have, and think that continuing to do so somehow makes any sense.

haha, yeah i dont have the balls to start that debate. You are absolutely right though, it is a major handicap to such a small team with limited resources.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
We all know having two clients is a great strain on the team, but what can they do? It wouldn't matter which client they decided to keep, they would still lose a huge amount of accounts over-night, because nobody would want to be forced to play a client they didn't like.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The thing that annoys me about the dev team, is not that they won't fix the bugs, there are tons of bugs. But what really annoys me is when they confuse
NOT COMPETENT ENOUGH TO FIX with WORKING AS INTENDED.

Why don't they just say, they can't fix it, and not file it as working as intended? Just admit it.

Bearing in mind this is the dev team that are unable to insert a comma into the first side of the trade window.

It's not the first time the dev team have passed something off as "working as intended"
Is anyone old enough to remember, they said that when you go through a server line and you lose half your stats (from your suit re-equping instantly), it's "working as intended". So....imagine this game was all on one server.... they would deliberately spend time putting in these random lines that make you re-equip your armor.?....

Call a spade a spade

I will try and attend the next dev meet and greet and slap @Mesanna around the face with 2 metaphorical fish, but it will have the effect of being slapped around the face with 5000 fish.

Last edited:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I will try and attend the next dev meet and greet and slap @Mesanna around the face with 2 metaphorical fish, but it will have the effect of being slapped around the face with 5000 fish.
And she will say-it's something they are looking into for a future publish.
or no
or just lol
or can't be done
or <insert delaying phrase here>

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
15. Can we get a blessed book satchel so spellbooks & runebooks do not get messed up inside our backpacks in the classic backpack container?

This has been added to our backlog, the satchel would only apply to spell and runebooks. We hope to released it in a future update.

Don't forget to add Runic Atlas' to the list of things that can go in the satchel !! :)

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Update on mounts healthbars,

I was chatting with bleak and he advised that it's bad on EC that you can target a mount from its healthbar when you're riding it (i agree this needs fixing), it's not an issue when you stable a pet as the pet goes to another server. However when i demonstrated you can still target a ridden mount on both clients using last target even without the bar, he advised he would rethink the issue.

It's clear the solution is to not enable you to target the mounts when ridden, but keep the healthbar, same as if the mounts goes into stables or is offscreen.

Last edited: