• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Ultima Online: New Legacy Official Launch

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A new edition of the Ultima Online Newsletter has been released you can read the newsletter via the Continue Reading link below.

Continue reading...

1729053109323.png

Last edited by a moderator:

zylo

Journeyman
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The official death of UO.
I agree... They've been killing UO since tram came out... spreading the playerbase even thinner.. every.. single.. time... less and less players because everyone is on another shard, another facet, another new land.. Now we have New Legacy.

Ultima looking more and more like a single player game every day.

I'd rather see more in game content added or updated on the original shards and servers.... This just makes it so you see less players in game now... For an MMO, I can't figure out why anyone would want to keep splitting the player base when having one come together is what makes the MMO good.

27 Years and they couldn't figure out a single cool thing to do with that Hedge maze as one single example.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bullcrap sire..
You're probably new to the party, so let me explain it to you:
People have been predicting the death of UO since 27 years. This is nothing new. And they will keep predicting the death of UO in the coming years.

Mithryl Elves

Elves Suck
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
NL is pretty bad, but not that bad. Some people really like it. Mostly the ones looking for an experience that is even more Trammel than Trammel.

It got me back to playing. A lot is different but I think it's good.

The interaction with a towns NPCs kind of brings life and a new type content. It's definitely got a whole lot of role playing potential.

If it keeps incorporating this type of interaction with NPC throughout end game, it could be pretty cool.

Initially, I went into the game looking to level characters in the same way we've come accustomed to. I was confused and let down at first... As the confusion turned to experience, I really started liking the game.

Give it another shot and see if you can start to like it too. Let me know if I can help.

Grugot

Journeyman
Death of a game doesn't mean they close it down. In this case it means empty shards. Nothing on vendors selling. Barren dungeons. Right now players are split between so many different shards and instances that the only shard that isn't dead is Atlantic. I watched the slow death of my shard over the last 2 years. Where custom keep prices went from 1.5p to now free if you spend a little time looking.

The game itself will remain. No reason not too. Almost zero cost to maintain so as long as you breakeven, why take it down