• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Ultima Online July Newsletter

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2. Can we have a vendor that does not charge by the hour?

Yes we can come up with an additional vendor that doesn't charge by the hour but instead takes up house storage and charges a commission percentage only when the item is sold. This type of vendor will be in addition to the original style of vendor.
This is one of the best things that I have read in a long time. As long as it isn't an absurd commission, I may actually start keeping a stocked vendor again.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't mind it taking up storage, that shoulda always been.
But watch them, they'll make the commission so danged high that we still won't use them...

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I might have known they would decide to accept designs for new Keep layouts AFTER I gave up waiting and converted to an 18 x 18....:( *sigh*

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
But watch them, they'll make the commission so danged high that we still won't use them...
That would be a really nice feature if they do it. People have been asking for this on smaller shards for-ev-er.

If the percentage were somewhere around 1 to 3% I think it would be ok.

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
"6. Why is there a fork in the Britain Vault?

Is there really a fork?"

There is no spoon Neo.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
29 bans for duping??? Just.... Wow.
Haven’t they been banning duper’s over the last few months WTF just really WTF
Seems very odd that this is still happening, very odd past the point of.....

Nvm total BS lol

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's my biggest worry. I'm hoping for something like 5%.
Knowing this team it will start out at 3% and then before the the test pub goes live it will be set at 5% and then raised to 20% a year later making them worthless.

Also I don’t agree with the item house space amount. I understand them worried about free storage but make them have to,have a prices on all items and after a year you pay a fee no matter what.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I might have known they would decide to accept designs for new Keep layouts AFTER I gave up waiting and converted to an 18 x 18....:( *sigh*
Its kinda like waiting to wash your car....You finally do it on a hot summery day, and the next day its rains....

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
"Yes we can come up with an additional vendor that doesn't charge by the hour but instead takes up house storage and charges a commission percentage only when the item is sold. This type of vendor will be in addition to the original style of vendor."

So this will be a new style vendor created. Can you say $19.99? If it's just to give us options that's great, but I'm smelling another cash grab.

Stubentiger

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Since when can't old trial accounts not be EJ accounts?

As to vaults - huh?
  • Players can purchase an account bound vault token from the UO Store for 300 Sovereigns.
  • A vault provides shared storage of 125 items across all characters for a specific account on a shard.
  • Once purchased, the player must visit a vault manager located in select banks (Britain Commons, Bank of Delucia, New Haven Bank, Bank of Minoc, Bank of Moonglow, the Trinsic Royal Bank, Bank of Yew, Bank of Wind, and the Royal City Bank) within the world to rent a vault with the token. Only one vault can be rented at each vault manager location.
  • The player will now have access to their vault for thirty days. The player must keep their vault token balance up to date or risk losing their items. Vaults can have a prepaid balance up to three tokens at a time.
  • Failure to pay vault rent will result in a player’s vault going into default which sends the player an in-game message stating that “Rent is past due for your Vault and your items will be lost after 168 hours unless you claim your Vault from the Vault Manager.”
  • During this period a player has several options:
    • They can save their vault by paying the rent.
    • Claim their vault with all their items if they have space in their backpacks.
    • Do nothing which will result in the loss of their items.

So I could buy storage space? How high is the vault rent? And why would I want one?
:p

Good luck

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
None of my trial accounts went on to become EJ accounts. It seems only paid accounts changed over.
The vault costs 300 sovereigns a month I think and if you leave it unpaid you lose your stuff.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A vault provides shared storage of 125 items across all characters for a specific account on a shard
This part bolded chaps my rear. We asked a while back if we could have chars share a common bank (like they share gold) and were told that it couldn't be done.

The the free players come in and BOOM!! all of a sudden it's possible...

Really Devs?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Vault IDOC coming soon
You might close on that...saw this today on TC right next to the vault building

VaultAuction.jpg

They did say at one point that if you let your vault go into arrears they would auction off the contents

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yep, and it will be in the name of making a gold sink to fight the gold inflation. All this while in 21 years or development, they could not figure out how to make duping impossible. Any discussions about vendor fees or any other "gold sinks" are laughable while duping is still possible.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Look how few vendors there are now on most shards because of the cost to stock them
This vendor gold sink backfired on the devs, if they would have lowered the price to a reasonable amount more people would have vendors.

Make money/ goldsink the Walmart way with volume