• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UI requires EC Playsound

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OK so I go to c:/program files (x86)/electronic arts/UO Enhanced/ and in this directory is a file called EC PlaySound.exe (file version 1.6.0.0 created 21st Jan 2015) which I right click and send to desktop as a shortcut to open my game with. I open the game, log in, and sometimes it is ok, most times i get this box that pops up saying 'this UI requires EC Playsound to work. Run EC Playsound.exe from the game folder or press OK to use the default interface"

This is driving me nuts as I am USING the ecplaysound.exe to log in with in the first place. Sometimes I can be playing for an hour before the box just pops up in the middle of my game. I Have tried logging in with the UIPatcher.exe from the game folder, and the one that says just straight UOSA. I get this flipping UI Playsound required box all the time and Have NO IDEA how to make it stop. Getting severely frustrated.

I patched today to pick up my easter gift (potted plant) so it isn't like I don't have the current patch, I do.

Any ideas on how to make it stop?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you are using multiple clients there is no way, otherwise make sure it's not crashed when the message appears...

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you are using multiple clients there is no way, otherwise make sure it's not crashed when the message appears...

This is really really annoying. I do run multiple clients frequently. My UI going back to default because of EC Playsound not running is dumb. I've tried running a second instance, no go. Doesn't work.

I remember EC Playsound was only an option before. Why is it now required? Most of the time I turn my music off and the sound effects down low anyway.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is really really annoying. I do run multiple clients frequently. My UI going back to default because of EC Playsound not running is dumb. I've tried running a second instance, no go. Doesn't work.

I remember EC Playsound was only an option before. Why is it now required? Most of the time I turn my music off and the sound effects down low anyway.
because several functions requires EC PlaySound in order to work...

Arien

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have just the same problem. Well if you make an UI and can't fix a problem that cause crashes ect. then it is not worth to use it.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have just the same problem. Well if you make an UI and can't fix a problem that cause crashes ect. then it is not worth to use it.
it doesn't crash and it's not a problem is how it works...

Dynamic

Visitor
i keep getting error in game when i load the ui. play ec sound.exe. i do and i keep getting error, and i dont multi client

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i keep getting error in game when i load the ui. play ec sound.exe. i do and i keep getting error, and i dont multi client
if this happens with 1 client only it means that there are problems in read/write privileges on the game folder or something is preventing EC Playsound or the client to write in the folder. Also make sure to start both with admin privileges...