• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UI Lua with an IDE debugger

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I am guessing that this will go to @Pinco to answer. Is it possible to debug custom UI code via an IDE, and attach to the client process or something?

I've noticed that the debug window you can open in the client gets super busy.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am guessing that this will go to @Pinco to answer. Is it possible to debug custom UI code via an IDE, and attach to the client process or something?

no, the devs uses another client to do that....

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

oh and also remember that attaching any kind of not approved app to the client is against the TOS and you could be banned for that :/

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Seems odd to me that they'd approve of you building your own custom UI, gumps, event handlers, etc etc etc, but would ban you for using a sophisticated IDE to do the building in..

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems odd to me that they'd approve of you building your own custom UI, gumps, event handlers, etc etc etc, but would ban you for using a sophisticated IDE to do the building in..
that's the TOS... UI is made to be customizable, tapping into the game process is not.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh and also remember that attaching any kind of not approved app to the client is against the TOS and you could be banned for that :/
You mean your old sound player? ;)

I would say feel free to programm your own IDE, also reading out memory which is stored on your PC cant be against TOS.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You mean your old sound player? ;)

I would say feel free to programm your own IDE, also reading out memory which is stored on your PC cant be against TOS.
My sound player doesn't tap into the game process... and yes, reading the memory IS against the TOS, also because by doing that you can do the same thing certain scripting program for CC do...

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My sound player doesn't tap into the game process... and yes, reading the memory IS against the TOS, also because by doing that you can do the same thing certain scripting program for CC do...
Yeah i know was only irony.