• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Uh oh, I think I like it!

A

Azureal

I'll be honest. I had reservations. After the horrible experience that was Age of Conan (Funcom - Were about the Nipples!) I really didnt see much on the horizon that was piquing my interest, and even less that was bolstering my faith in the MMO market.

Its really WoW-y. I hate doing that, comparing things to WoW, but love it or hate it, Blizzards juggernaught has set a new standard that developing MMO companies need to start paying respect to.

WAR is playing really well on my old-(ish) machine. I was very very worried that my pre-order and install without looking at the rec specs AT ALL would be my downfall, but a quick check at a website that does system spec check (cant remember the name of it) told me Id pass. It also told my I was running two processors, one of which was over clocked to 5.0ghz, but hey, Im not complaining.

The constant feel of struggle and battle is at most times nice, but it does sort of instill a feeling of having to hurry. Im not sold 100% on this yet, but again, as I like to take my time and explore but again theres no complaints.

Popping into a little instanced PvP anytime is good fun too, especially the stat avergaing component. Kind of levels the playing field, and lets skills/knowledge come back into play.

Im still waiting for a game/MMO that has a crafting component as big as the pvp/pve component. SWG showed it could be done (and well!) but I guess I'll have to keep waiting. Yes, I know Warhammer is all about the killing, but swords dont forge themselves and leather tunics dont stitch themselves back together. Perhaps I'll save this argument for another time. Ive taken on the salvaging skill (I think, I have no idea how it works, or what Im supposed to do yet) and we'll see how that pans out.

All in all, after 5 levels, I like it. Yeah I know, its just 5 levels, but after 20 something levels in AoC, it was still a piece of shizzle. With nipples.

L

Lillyuo

This game has fixed one major issue that wow never addressed. HEALING!

There are hybrid characters that can heal and dps. The most frustrating thing in the world to me in wow was that most bosses took 8 healers, and on the server i was on, not even the best guild had a full set of healers.

N

Noun

Crafting gets somewhat intricate later on, not as detailed as Ultima Online; but it does require players to interact with each other to gather materials and such to make what they want. Salvaging and Talisman Making is a huge gold sink early on, and probably the harder crafting professions to level.

S

SventMF

not to mention no farming for a certain recipe you kinda make up your own recipe by trial and error to get whatcha want then remember whatcha did which is rad

B

Beele

not to mention no farming for a certain recipe you kinda make up your own recipe by trial and error to get whatcha want then remember whatcha did which is rad
Speaking of which, it would be a good idea if we could start writing down what we started with (all ingredients) and what we got. Build up a recipe book, so to speak. It would require someone to volunteer to take all the info and put it into a spread sheet format, recognizing that there are at least two, if not three, outcomes from almost every alchemy recipe that I have noted so far. Not hard to do, but probably time consuming.

Skycapp

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can give you guys a dedicated thread or two in the guides forum for now. I have some "upgrades" coming to the site and after that we can get you rolling full bore on a recipe book if you like.

B

Beele

I can give you guys a dedicated thread or two in the guides forum for now. I have some "upgrades" coming to the site and after that we can get you rolling full bore on a recipe book if you like.
Please make one for the cultivators, too. Different levels of soil/food/nutrients can effect the results. We probably ought to make a standard template that can be replied to where people just put in their ingredients as a source then the result. One item per line will make it very easy to strip mine it into a data base.

B

Beele

Oh, and for alchemists, there should be 3 different forms- potions, gold essence, and dyes. Each one is done differently.