• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UAC Administrator password required

K

Kalizaar

I'm trying to get Warhammer to run without prompting my wife for the Administrator Password each time she runs it. This is on a Windows Vista Business 64-bit installation.

I've checked all the various "Run as Administrator" boxes, disabled UAC, changed various security settings giving her complete control of the various WAR files, set up the security admin features to automatically escalate, etc. I can't think of anything else to do.

No matter what I try, standard users seem to require an adminstrator password to start the program.

What's the deal?

Any help would be appreciated!

K

Kalizaar

Ok, so now it's retail and after installing from the retail DVDs this is still a problem.

Anyone else encountering this?

Skycapp

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I seem to remember something about this. Think it has to do with the install directory or something like that. Or it may have been an issue with the account you use to install it with.

I really wish I could be of more help, but i still run XP just for reasons like this.

K

Kalizaar

Yeah, it's really annoying. I've encountered it once in a while with other programs, but I was always able to get around it by setting the shortcut to run as Administrator. For some reason that's not working in this case.

And what's really odd is that on my other machine I'm running Vista Home Premium, and I'm not encountering this issue at all!

I'd do a Windows re-install but unfortunately the current install I got while taking classes at the local college and I no longer have access to the install files online. I'm a little reluctant to install my copy of Home Premium on two PCs even though I suppose I technically have a license to a more expensive Vista from the Business install.

L

LordRhys

Sounds like your Wife is using a standard User account, you can either make her account have Administrator rights then she will just have to acknowledge the Continue button, otherwise she will always need to enter an Administrator password to start many of the applications she wants to use.