• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Typical EA: Strip Sampire BUT Give Warriors NOTHING New

• Thread starter galefan2004
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2

^Wolfie^

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Took long enough, but finally this thread was moved to the correct forum.

D

Divster

This should really stop, these "solo peerless" discussions. They are going to do what is right; they will change the effect of taking of jewelry and keeping skillpoints when doing so. Thats a good thing. Now people are complaining about peerless shouldnt be done solo. Now i strongly object against this, i spend 1 month building a sampire, now before i even got to use it, they are already going to "nerf" it. Ok, i can live with that, i switch template around to wammy investing even more time in this, fair enough, but now certain people want to take the entire solo'ing aspect of peerless away.
Ive spent enough time in building the template, finding the right items etc etc, i believe i am allowed to have some fun in UO as well? I dont pvp, i only pvm, and its reallly really hard to find more then 2 people online at the same time who want to go fight peerless with me. If u take away solo'ing aspect of pvm, then u must first attract more players, merge shards, or anything else to provide more active players. Theres nothing more challenging in pvm then solo'ing, it takes loads of practice, preperation, and many deaths to master it. Ive seen the best bite the dust. If in 2 weeks i log in again, and i read another FOF about nerfing, i'll be taking a time-out from uo, even thou its my biggest love of all. Add more to the game before u take it all away!
QFT!

N

nushpapa

Forced grouping in WoW is not that bad really. You are forced to group, but there are tools in the game to actually find a group. You can find a group in WoW in about 10-20 minutes tops. You can find a raid group (10 man) in about 30-45 minutes. You can find a 25 man raid group (lower teir stuff) in about 1-2 hours TOPS. In UO, if you aren't lucky enough to be in an active guild on an active server you are probably not touching anything hard because you are probably not getting a group together for it.
Not every1 lives in uo like you. They don't want to spend 2 hrs looking for a party just to do an event. serious 1-2hr TOPS.. r u fricken nuts... u make it sound like HAH 1 hr thats nothing i wait 4 hrs for my egg to cook every morning.

Seriously my advise to you... get the hell away from this game and go back to WoW where you belong. Its people like that stops me from reactivating my account. Waiting for darkfall hopefully that will be slightly better.

BTW what happens when you live on a shard lets say Oceania and the population is maybe only 50-100 MAX? (no joke)... where 60-70% r pvpers.. what do you do then? wait for 3 weeks to find a group?

Note: No i didn't have a sampire.. although used to play a 34 necro pvper... although changed him to a chiv necroer so no diff to me.

Actually over all (i played for about a yr and a half of Post AOS uo) and i did about 5 peerless luckly got my crimson and never went back. I actually didn't pvm except strong boxes. So i dun give a **** about this sampire ****. its just the fact they keep fuking up everything that is fine in this game. For example

Why the hell did u slow the spawn rate in fel to snails pace?
Why the hell did u add a dragon which we did not need?
Why r there a billion 11 year old bugs still around... why not fix them before u **** up my other ****. I.e: Hyloth or watever... that maze section u can fricken cast spells through the walls... FIX IT! r u fricken dumb... its a wall u shouldn;'t be able to see and therefore cast through a wall.

There was nothing wrong with sampire... im not saying i want it back (makes no difference to me).. im saying why do u keep changing things that r perfectly fine?

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Exactly, I (mainly) play UO because I can go out and kill whatever I want, by myself, without waiting forever to get a group together. I will go and do peerlesses with guild, but the majority of my time was spent playing solo. Forcing us to group is just ridiculous and one of the reasons I refuse to play WoW.

Peerless were meant to be fought by a group. Period!

There are a million other high-level/lucrative monsters that can be soloed so everyone plz just stop whining about one over-powered template. Its just plain silly.

Its clearly just another case of the A.D.D. group not happy unless EVERYTHING is simply handed over to them on a silver platter :(

When others talk nonsense about the downside of Uo please remember that the 'instant gratification' player is the real threat to the future of Uo

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Um ... you do realize that most Wii games are multiplayer, right?
I realize that many Wii games CAN BE played multiplayer, and that many of them are also single player games. None that I've come across -- even the ones sold as part of their online downloads -- require you to play multiplayer.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since pretty much everything in the game IS soloable, did you ever stop to think that maybe it was that way by design, and not EVERYTHING in the game was a failure?

Would seem to make much more sense than the entire game being a major failure, especially since it's not.

*hears Aristotle roll over in his grave and go Hmmmm*
Given the fact that DevTeam after DevTeam has stated the claim that they don't want everything in the game to be soloable, nor do they believe it should be, no, I don't think it's by intended design.

Certainly it IS by design. Poor design, but design nonetheless.

And I'm pretty sure that I never said that "the entire game" was "a major failure," but thanks, as usual, for taking a statement out of context. I said it was one of the game's major failures. IE: The game has failures, this is one of them, and it is a major one.

You can hear Aristotle roll over in his grave all you want. Reading comprehension 101 for the win, Connor.

T

Tycolby

Provide a link.
With the crash of the old forums the ML forums are no longer avaible which is where the Devs told us about Peerless when ML first came out. Now if some MOD could go back and check for us it still wouldnt be good enough for half the agruements.

As for my Temp
110 anat
110 bush
120 arch
85 chiv
100 necro
75 SS
120 tactics

115 str
144 dex
48 int

DI 96