• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Two-toned cloth

Atheryn

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been out of the game since 2007, so there's naturally a lot of content I'm unfamiliar with now. I've been seeing a lot of player vendors around Luna that are wearing robes that have a two-toned appearance - what is that from? I've been searching on the crafting forums and I've even resorted to google, and I can't find anything about it. Is it some kind of special cloth? Or is it from a type of stain?

Atheryn

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was a time and a way to dye cloth items with the metal dye tub which gave a nice multi-toned effect. This method has since been disabled.

There are other items (abyssal cloth, fished-up wedding dress) which also have similar visual effects which one can still make.

Krinkle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You might be seeing clothing made from cloth that people made during the Halloween trick or treating. If you trick or treated and the trick was to turn your character's color, you could cut an item of clothing before the hue changed back to normal and received two-tone cloth.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't certain hues of the bod reward clothes have a two-tone color effect?

Atheryn

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They do, but the clothing I've seen looks somewhat metallic, which I guess goes along with Farsight's explanation. It's a pity it can't be done anymore. Thanks for your help though everyone!

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
They do, but the clothing I've seen looks somewhat metallic, which I guess goes along with Farsight's explanation. It's a pity it can't be done anymore. Thanks for your help though everyone!
It's from Halloween.
If you're looking for a specific color I probably have it.
Let me know.