• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

tweaks/suggestions to template

ifitsnotblackitswack

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hi, I just got back into uo a few weeks back and have built up a bard char on my old account. At the moment, I run this template:
120 myst
120 focus
120 music
120 discord
120 peace
45 necro (40 real)
100 ss (80 real)

I have 120 provo stoned because I cant seem to provo high level things ("you cant entice that!") I decided to pick up necro for wraith (recalls) and ss for mana leech to use with slayer books so I could nuke things down while my colossus tanks. Plus, this helps keep the peace buff going (heals, mr, etc)

Playing solo, it feels rather dull though. mobs rubber band and wraith has slow speed, colossus doesn't always take aggro, gets easily dispelled or plain rekt and I can't dispel him when I would please at times.

Perhaps I am trying things above this templates capabilities?
Should I change anything up on my skills?
TIA

Last edited:

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
You have no melee defense and no Resist and you're on foot using 16-18? HPR (which is 2 HP per second) from Peace to heal... Compared to Provoke, which lets you tie up all the casters (so you don't get Mana Vamp'd and your spellsong ends), buffs all your stats and HP (beyond the cap) and would heal you constantly for 16-20ish every 2 seconds.

Further you can kill a great deal of big things with Provoke, such as Doom and Champion Spawn Bosses:
http://community.stratics.com/threads/newly-rebuilt-suit.330207/

Unbound Energy Vortex's get killed in minutes Discorded with 8 Diseased Blood Eles on them, plus summons, plus Despair & Tribulation...

In my opinion, put Mysticism on either a Gargoyle for Colossus, or a Dexxer for Stone Form. Put on 120 Mage/Med instead so you have melee defense with a mage weapon and twice the mana regeneration.

Colossus won't take aggro from anything at all, it is red like Energy Vortex's, it attacks bug won't shield you in anyway.

Provoke Discord is one of the most powerful solo combinations there is.

ifitsnotblackitswack

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the input, i'll give that a try!
I thought 100 med was equal to 10 suit mr. if so, my suit has 22 mr....should I try to wiggle some eval on the template for some extra damage?
perhaps I could lower necro (could carry bracers around) and ss a bit and fit a bit of med and eval on?
Or if the magery is strictly for defense, should I remove the necro/ss for something else?

Thanks again for input

Last edited:

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
100 Med is roughly the equivalent of 10 MR, but 100 Focus is the equivalent of 5 MR, you can active Meditate which gives double that, plus it is completely independent of equipped MR anyway. Med/Focus allow the MR you have equipped over 8 to function.

I wouldn't bother with Eval.

The Magery isn't just for defense, you get Mindblast, Poison, Poison Fields, Energy Fields, Recall, Gate, Res, Wall Of Stone, Teleport, Summons of Physical, Fire damage melee types, Air Eles for 2 additional casters dumping, Demon I don't use so much, Energy Vortex's, Heal, Greater Heal, Cure, Arch Cure and a bunch of other useful things without Eval.

You can also hit with the Mage Weapon, I use a Heavy X Bow myself and land an extra 20-40 on most things.

For me the point of a Bard is to use Bard skills it lets you kill entirely different things to a Necro/Mage with high SDI. There's no reason why you can't have Eval and Bard skills but if you're using masteries you're going to want the mana for upkeep, and if you're not using masteries then you may as well be a Necro/Mage. Edit: Actually that's not true it's still strong as hell.

Last edited:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Hi, I just got back into uo a few weeks back and have built up a bard char on my old account. At the moment, I run this template:
120 myst
120 focus
120 music
120 discord
120 peace
45 necro (40 real)
100 ss (80 real)

I have 120 provo stoned because I cant seem to provo high level things ("you cant entice that!") I decided to pick up necro for wraith (recalls) and ss for mana leech to use with slayer books so I could nuke things down while my colossus tanks. Plus, this helps keep the peace buff going (heals, mr, etc)

Playing solo, it feels rather dull though. mobs rubber band and wraith has slow speed, colossus doesn't always take aggro, gets easily dispelled or plain rekt and I can't dispel him when I would please at times.

Perhaps I am trying things above this templates capabilities?
Should I change anything up on my skills?
TIA
You can use non-mediable studded armor to get 55 LMC.
Always keep Mass Sleep in your stone. You can trigger it and hide or run away so mobs agro your RC.