• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Turtle Eggs?

Vampyre Kitty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone know if you move an incubator does it reset the timer? I was redecorating and had to move it so I quickly unlocked it then relocked it but I too am having the same problem. Mine should of hatched today however its still on day two and moist. I removed the egg last night and replaced it thinking maybe it got stuck but same thing its not advancing to the next stage.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
sounds like the servers are not resetting for some reason.
may be why transfers are all messed up as well.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Water them 3 days in a row?
What happens if you don't? I kind of only get to log to play Saturday and Sunday...
because on the other days a GIANT portcullis comes down in front of the computer preventing you from logging in for all of 30 seconds to water your egg ... yup

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't read some of the "Egg Descriptions" on the pictures. I figured out "Dry" and "Moist" - but what are the descriptions for 48 and 72 hours? Thx!

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't read some of the "Egg Descriptions" on the pictures. I figured out "Dry" and "Moist" - but what are the descriptions for 48 and 72 hours? Thx!
It is the same process as Battle Chicken eggs. When you water it after each 24 hours to make it moist, check to see if it has grown in size. If it has not, check it again in 30 minutes past the 24 hour period. When it does make it's daily growth, it will go back to dry, even though you just watered it. Water it again to make it moist, then it will be good for the next 24 hours.

This link shows you the stages you are asking about:
http://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/chicken-lizards-and-battle-chicken-lizards/

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well put my egg in 8.30pm sunday night, moist. Watered it again 8.30 pm Monday (dry-moist), watered it 8.30pm Tuesday (dry to moist), at 72 hrs (wednesday 8.57pm) dble clicked it to hatch and the thing went 'poof' just disappeared, no message, no nothing. I followed the link for battle chickens as per everything it said.

Not a happy camper.

Will someone please post a pic of what the thing is supposed to look like just before you click to hatch it. Really annoyed.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it's dry water it
If it's moist leave it alone
If it's mature hatch it.

An egg that's ready for hatching says 'mature' instead of 'dry' or 'moist'.

REEFHAWK1969

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well put my egg in 8.30pm sunday night, moist. Watered it again 8.30 pm Monday (dry-moist), watered it 8.30pm Tuesday (dry to moist), at 72 hrs (wednesday 8.57pm) dble clicked it to hatch and the thing went 'poof' just disappeared, no message, no nothing. I followed the link for battle chickens as per everything it said.

Not a happy camper.

Will someone please post a pic of what the thing is supposed to look like just before you click to hatch it. Really annoyed.
The same thing happened to me, double clicked it in the incubator and it went POOF. My egg showed growth each day. After I double clicked it, I ran all over my house to make sure I did not just miss the turtle when it hatched. I do have a question: After the 72 hours do you double click the egg while it is still in the incubator, or do you put it in your backpack. Also, as long as it shows that it grew each day, do you double click egg at 72 hours after starting the hatching process or do you wait a little longer.

one other question, I noticed in Poos, pictures, it went from moist to dry, then moist to dry, do you have to let the egg go to dry before you water it the next day?
Thanks for any help. Spanky

Last edited:

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Why is this so difficult?

Put egg in incubator, water it...look at the clock to see what time it is....water it the SAME time every day for 3 days....real life 24 hours.

The egg will grow in size, and once it's ready it will say Mature.
Remove egg from incubator, place in your pack...(I've not done it on the ground, always in my pack with both the chicken lizards and turtle)

Double-click, it pops out, you tame it...feed it, stable it.

It eats raw fish.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Why is this so difficult?

Put egg in incubator, water it...look at the clock to see what time it is....water it the SAME time every day for 3 days....real life 24 hours.

The egg will grow in size, and once it's ready it will say Mature.
Remove egg from incubator, place in your pack...(I've not done it on the ground, always in my pack with both the chicken lizards and turtle)

Double-click, it pops out, you tame it...feed it, stable it.

It eats raw fish.
I dunno... its pretty difficult. I had to google "Trammel stuff in UO", and bam! Watering eggs showed up! :lick:
I was so clueless hahahaha.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I dunno... its pretty difficult. I had to google "Trammel stuff in UO", and bam! Watering eggs showed up! :lick:
I was so clueless hahahaha.
LOL well that's cus you're totally not a trammie :/
:heart: you anyway! :)

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
View attachment 37977

Not a happy camper.

This is a Mature Dragon Turtle Egg. Put it in your backpack and double click the egg to hatch. You will get a Gump that requires you to select OK. You have to tame it, feed it, tell it to follow you, and stable for 7 days to bond.

A Mature Egg.png

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mine turned mature today. I didn't even put into my backpack I just hatched it straight from the incubator and it popped out in front of me ready to tame.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When the egg is yellowish, I just double click it? Or, am I missing something?
The name will change to "mature" that's when it's ready. It might be yellowish I didn't really pay much attention to that to be honest!

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
8 Days to bond... because tomorrow never gets counted by the systems that aren't spot on timed like watering the eggs.

I have a 3.7 Turtle on Atlantic. :) Named him Michaelangelo because I figured that would be so original.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
8 Days to bond... because tomorrow never gets counted by the systems that aren't spot on timed like watering the eggs.

I have a 3.7 Turtle on Atlantic. :) Named him Michaelangelo because I figured that would be so original.
how do you know its a 3.7 when we dont even know what he range for their numbers are yet?
basing it off of Greater Dragons i dont think is going to be very accurate from what i have seen so far.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
how do you know its a 3.7 when we dont even know what he range for their numbers are yet?
basing it off of Greater Dragons i dont think is going to be very accurate from what i have seen so far.
My guess is he's basing off a greater since it's supposed to be the "same".

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
they are basing the dragon turtles off of what the dev's said in passing a while back that they are the same as greater dragons.

from what i have seen i would say the dragon turtles are 'loosely' based on the greater dragons points.
which would make the calculators highly inaccurate.

of course we has such a small sample base to go off of for this.
what would be nice is if there was a sticky somewhere where we could post or hatch-lings stats once hatched so we could compile them all as they come in.
since they dont roam around the wilds its hard to get any numbers on them other then the 3 or 4 that have been posted here over the last couple weeks.

case in point, the website you directed us too states this at the top

All max creature data based on the now-defunct Vetmaster English version of the Japanese web site, and the UO Stratics Hunter’s Guide.
so it is pulling the animal stats from 2 sites.
the first site it lists is in its own words 'defunct' and the second site is the stratics hunters guide which dosnt even list the turtles on it.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I’ve added dragon turtles to the Pet Power Calculator, with the same information as greater dragons. THIS COULD CHANGE. So far, I’ve got less than 10 reports of dragon turtle hatchling stats, resists, and skills, but so far, they all fall within the GD ranges.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
also note that the skills on the turtles are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy lower when you tame them then GD are.

take for example mine;
before i tamed it its skills where as follows
with 129.0 magic

now when i tamed it the skills dropped down to
with 116.1 magic

if we use the same rule as GD that would mean that we take the post tamed number and x1.25 to get finished max cap number.
so in this case my turtle would max out at

so as we can see from the skills the turtles are being done differently then the GD are.
that or the turtles are gonna have really stinking low skills!

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
also note that the skills on the turtles are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy lower when you tame them then GD are.

take for example mine;
with 129.0 magic

with 116.1 magic

if we use the same rule as GD that would mean that we take the post tamed number and x1.25 to get finished max cap number.

so as we can see from the skills the turtles are being done differently then the GD are.
I thought the rule is if the sill is under 100 post tame it can be trained to GM. Which is still pretty weak.

Zandor

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
My 1st turtle has 854 hps with 73 phys and 72 fire resist. 116.3 magery. I personally won't keep him but he is decent. I'm positive these can go to the 1k range on hps. I wouldn't even care if it had 850ish hps as long as its physical and fire resists are high 80s. Just my preference.

Also don't forget with new masteries you should be able to train pets up a lot faster.

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My first one flopped. According to the pet calculator his stats and resists are all in the 90%+ range. But HP is like 68%. So he flops to a 3.2.

Zandor

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
My first one flopped. According to the pet calculator his stats and resists are all in the 90%+ range. But HP is like 68%. So he flops to a 3.2.
I honestly don't put a ton of value on hps. Not if you have high vet and magery especially. The resists are a must tho!

Its very rare for my Dragon to get redlined but
when it does another 100hps wouldn't save him. :)

Last edited:

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran

take for example mine;
with 129.0 magic

with 116.1 magic

Your logic in training is wrong is what I think the problem here is. Tamed Greater Dragon skills do drop pretty low and they can be trained over 100 even if they drop below 100. They won't go legendary, but it does go up over 100 in some skills.

Also, the scoring doesn't really look at skills for the most part. With max skills my turtle will be 3.8. My 3.7 skill was running the calc with just stats/resists... which are what drives the calculator the most.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Turtles and tortoises... don't really vocalize, but they do make noise.
Raised both... the turtles (sliders in a tank) would hiss and breathe hard... and one particular slider would make this, "heh, heh, heh" sound when he saw carrots. Silly little guy.
The tortoise would also breath heavy like when "excited" - after a while we figured out his "breathing speech" - he'd breath a certain way for some things. Sometimes, he'd do this groan... kinda freaky the first time we heard it.

After 20 years he got real big and we donated him to the zoo. When we go to visit, he recognizes us and would do that breathy-groan thing. We figure he's saying "Hi! Where you been? Check out my new digs!"

I figure here in game they sound like dragons cos... well, they are dragon turtles...

Candy Cane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay I had the same problem as some other watered the egg and nothing happened, tired everything I could think of. Finally I unlocked the incubator with the home owner. Then I got on the co-owner who is my tamer and locked down the incubator again, the egg changed right away and I just hatched my first turtle. 833, hit points 3.6, not a great one but one I can use while looking for a better one.

Zandor

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Ok I'm pretty convinced after loring a turtle pre-tame that some skills do not cap at 100. Of course only time will tell but I believe they are just like greaters and can be multiple legendary. I will post pre-tame pics in a few.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
one guy i know has been hogging the eggs ...he is after a perfect turtle... and here i just want to raise 1..... he is after at least 50 eggs to get it!!

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
one guy i know has been hogging the eggs ...he is after a perfect turtle... and here i just want to raise 1..... he is after at least 50 eggs to get it!!
I'm curious how an individual can hog the eggs? Anyone fighting has a chance at getting an egg.