• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Turtle Eggs?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
do we cook these the same as the fighting lizard eggs?
put them in a incubator and water once a day for 4 days.... or was it 7 days?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
3 Days, and you have to water them every day, RL 24 hours.

Mine should be done tonight. I know there's at least one other person on Origin that has already hatched their and is now training it.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
3 Days, and you have to water them every day, RL 24 hours.

Mine should be done tonight. I know there's at least one other person on Origin that has already hatched their and is now training it.
Too bad I don't even want one. They look so dumb.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
To each their own, I think they are adorable and can't wait to train mine.

Better then the big, annoying GD's that take over your screen so noone can see or do anything :)

BRING ON THE TURTLES!!!!!! :heart:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Water them 3 days in a row?
What happens if you don't? I kind of only get to log to play Saturday and Sunday...

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then you dont do it ... its that simple.
If your dead set on doing it, get a friend who you trust to do it or wait for a holliday when you can freely log in for 4 days and go for it.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i wonder if they have a beat down phase they have to go through prior to taming.
also wonder if they have a Vorpal phase like the battle chickens where they run around like they are on fire?

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
i wonder if they have a beat down phase they have to go through prior to taming.
also wonder if they have a Vorpal phase like the battle chickens where they run around like they are on fire?

On Test Center when the turtle egg hatched, the hatchling just sat there until I tamed it. Not sure if this has changed. Guess I expected more of a fight!!

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
@Kyronix I have a question for ya.

The turtle eggs have to be placed into an incubator for a few days prior to hatching.
Now, what if you play various shards and "Live out of your bank box".....for example, like many of us do !

Question:...Can the Turtle eggs be placed into an incubator inside your bank box, be cared for and go through the 3 day process and be hatched?
I have tried this process with chicken lizard eggs before and after 3 days, egg is still moist and never grew.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix I have a question for ya.

The turtle eggs have to be placed into an incubator for a few days prior to hatching.
Now, what if you play various shards and "Live out of your bank box".....for example, like many of us do !

Question:...Can the Turtle eggs be placed into an incubator inside your bank box, be cared for and go through the 3 day process and be hatched?
I have tried this process with chicken lizard eggs before and after 3 days, egg is still moist and never grew.
Incubators only work when they are locked down or secured in a house.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
On Test Center when the turtle egg hatched, the hatchling just sat there until I tamed it. Not sure if this has changed. Guess I expected more of a fight!!
There is one person on Origin that has a turtle hatched already and he said it just sat there until he had it tamed, it didn't fight back or anything.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How long do you have after you get one from the spawn until they poof? We've had 2 of them poof on Test Center (non tamers if this makes any difference) but haven't tried Origin or Izumo.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
There is one person on Origin that has a turtle hatched already and he said it just sat there until he had it tamed, it didn't fight back or anything.
Makes sense... they are babies after all..

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
How long do you have after you get one from the spawn until they poof? We've had 2 of them poof on Test Center (non tamers if this makes any difference) but haven't tried Origin or Izumo.
I have another egg I haven't incubated yet, I got it the same day and I still have it.

I hatched my egg tonight...I will post stats soon. I lored a GD that was there in Luna bank and the stats were pretty close. The little guy is FAST too...123.2 magery on it :)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
upload_2015-10-4_23-19-30.png
upload_2015-10-4_23-19-45.png
upload_2015-10-4_23-20-12.png

Not too shabby for a newborn :)

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So this is strictly a tamer thing? If i get an egg when I'm doing the spawn on a warrior it will crumble before I can do anything with it?

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
If your taming skill lets you control a Greater Dragon, is that sufficient for these new Turtle Dragons? Just curious... obviously I haven't been in to test anything... have been busy baking pumpkin pies lately on Pitmuck. :blushing:

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
You can always ran to your house, put it into an incubator, and if you don't have a tamer, sell it or give it? (to a tamer lol)
Seriously, this might be why they've made it a rare drop
I personnally think that only tamers should get the eggs
Do the eggs can go in a vendor? :wall:
no need to run to your house.
they eggs are stable when you get them, the are the exact same as the battle chicken eggs.
they are dormant.
its not until you put them in the incubator that they start their cycle or curing or whatever you want to call it.
so you could at any point give it to your tamer or any tamer for that matter or vendor it.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no need to run to your house.
they eggs are stable when you get them, the are the exact same as the battle chicken eggs.
they are dormant.
its not until you put them in the incubator that they start their cycle or curing or whatever you want to call it.
so you could at any point give it to your tamer or any tamer for that matter or vendor it.
Then it must have changed. My guildleader and I both got eggs at different spawns, he is a swordsman,I am an archer, both of ours crumbled before we even finished looting the body, That's why my questions about this being if it's only for a tamer and perhaps the eggs don't crumble for a tamer.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
they had said the turtles would be like miniature greater dragons but those skills and resists are WAY below that of a greater dragon!
if i saw those resists and skills on a greater dragon id kill it just out of mercy to the poor critter!

with those listed skills your turtle will not go above GM in any skills other then the magic.
Well...this is just one....how many GD's do tamers go through before they find that *Perfect* one?

I know a few others now have turtles on Origin, hopefully I will be able to find and lore them to see what we are looking at.

I do have another egg but I don't want to raise it just yet...with the 3 tigers I now have in my stables in addition to the turtle I have no more room :)

StealYourFace

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I spent about 2 weeks farming greater dragons to get the 4.3 one I have right now. I killed hundreds of them . If the dragon turtles have the same range of stats as greaters I could see it taking years to get a good one unless you are very lucky. Having to do the spawn, hope for an egg drop, then wait for it to hatch before you find out if it's good is a long process. I can go through more greater dragons in 20 min than I can eggs in a month.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
but have a look at the skills on that turtle.
youd never see a fresh tame GD with wrestle and tact and MR that low.
lowest youd ever see on a fresh GD would be like 80 so those turtles are like 20 points below skills then even the lowest of GDs.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
but have a look at the skills on that turtle.
youd never see a fresh tame GD with wrestle and tact and MR that low.
lowest youd ever see on a fresh GD would be like 80 so those turtles are like 20 points below skills then even the lowest of GDs.
Exactly which means the likelyhoood of finding a Turtle with decent enough stats and skills to totally replace a Greater Dragon is slim to none. So nice try DEV's but don't think it will work.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix Could we please consider having the turtles hatch already trained? I mean its already a rare drop... finding a good one will be a task in and of it self without having to train each one up to see where its skills end up...

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix Could we please consider having the turtles hatch already trained? I mean its already a rare drop... finding a good one will be a task in and of it self without having to train each one up to see where its skills end up...
It's actually a guaranteed drop from the Dragon Turtle champ spawn.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's actually a guaranteed drop from the Dragon Turtle champ spawn.
Maybe for 1 person of the group....

Be realistically, this is an artifact drop for a tamer. An archer doesn't have to "train" his artifact bow? A swordsman doesn't have to train his artifact sword. Can't we go ahead and give tamers there artifact ready to use like every other artifact?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Whether I think the egg drop should be reserved for the tamers participating in the champ spawn, I think a pet is not like another "artifact" and that tamers enjoy training their pets, hence I don't agree with the "already trained" hatchling... as far as I am concerned :)
An item that pops in your pack as a reward for beating a champ... Sounds like an artifact drop to me...

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ive done 2 turtle champs with the guild.
4 of us both times.
1 egg for 8 pulls.

so what are we saying 1 egg per spawn?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
That's how it's been for us, one egg per spawn is what I've seen.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Kinda like the champ skull, I suppose.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Kinda like the champ skull, I suppose.
Yeah that was my thought, instead of getting a turtle skull (Which, by they way, would be totally FREAKIN awesome!) you get an egg.

I have gotten 2 so far, lotta people doing it atm on Origin, it's been nice.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
that spawn does progress nicely with 6 or so people.

ill be interested to try it with less once it hits my main shard to see if it can be done by 2 or 3.
if it is hard to do with 2 it may make smaller shards a little more touch and go with this spawn.
i know im gonna be farming it hard core come Thursday while the masses are out doing it.

on the topic of the Turtle spawn, that critter with the area effect poison, wowsers he is a party pleaser, eh?
hes hard to see cause the other critters dwarf him and he just sneaks in and sprays everyone down with ick, not a nice fella!
but boy oh boy would i LOVE to have one of those as a tamable!!!!

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have done alot of the turtle spawns and not one egg..... pinks, books, and a recipe but not 1 bloody egg.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Okay here's a few:

Mine on the right, not trained and my guildies on the left almost fully trained:
upload_2015-10-7_8-57-12.png

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay here's a few:

Mine on the right, not trained and my guildies on the left almost fully trained:
Thanks for posting these. Any chance you also have screen shots of the resists on both of these?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
LOL

The only thing I don't like about them is the fact that they sound like a dragon...I'm not sure what turtles sound like but I sure don't think they sound like dragons!

I broke down and bought a pet-bonding potion and started to train the little guy...he's pretty quick!

Okay so I just watched a very disturbing video of 2 turtles mating and they sounded like ducks :/

And I also read this:

Turtles may vocalize when mating or seeking a mate, when they are sick or in distress or for other reasons. The redfooted tortoise makes a clucking sound, while the giant musk turtle yelps when it is attacked or frightened. Nesting female leatherback sea turtles make a belching sound, and male Travancore tortoises use a high-pitched whine to attract mates. Sounds have even been detected from unhatched baby leatherback sea turtles. It is believed these sounds help to coordinate hatching.

So we have quacking, clucking (Chickens??) Belching! and whining.....who knew?

But for sure no dragon noises lol.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
LOL

The only thing I don't like about them is the fact that they sound like a dragon...I'm not sure what turtles sound like but I sure don't think they sound like dragons!

I broke down and bought a pet-bonding potion and started to train the little guy...he's pretty quick!

Okay so I just watched a very disturbing video of 2 turtles mating and they sounded like ducks :/

And I also read this:

Turtles may vocalize when mating or seeking a mate, when they are sick or in distress or for other reasons. The redfooted tortoise makes a clucking sound, while the giant musk turtle yelps when it is attacked or frightened. Nesting female leatherback sea turtles make a belching sound, and male Travancore tortoises use a high-pitched whine to attract mates. Sounds have even been detected from unhatched baby leatherback sea turtles. It is believed these sounds help to coordinate hatching.

But these are DRAGON turtles. So they might make dragon sounds. They do have the fire breath... so I'm assuming then that they inherited a few other things like voice from dragons. Though maybe instead of the dragon sound of confirmation of an order they ought to cluck when you command them like a chicken?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ill add my guys stats to the mix for you all.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
LOL

And I also read this:

CRAP!
now i have to buy one and do the same.
damn immediate gratification!!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Turtles are mute :) completely mute -that I know for sure having raised one (an exotic one) when I was a kid (fond memory)
Tell that to these guys!

They sure are having fun...at least one of them is :/ lol

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, just watered an egg and put it in the incubator. Should hatch.. Wednesday?

Abercoby

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm in Europa and 3 days now I am trying to grow the egg in an incubator but it does not grow. It is always moist and the shape does not change. The incubator is secured. I have sent 2 tickets and I have received no answer. Has anyone else experienced a similar egg behavior? :)

edit: problem solved, at last, just now. I have no idea how. The graphics of the egg changed to those of the 24+ hours.

Last edited: